cPanel & WHM Erfahrungen

Gesamtbewertung
Bewertungen
Mehr Erfahren

Über cPanel & WHM

cPanel zusammen mit WHM (WebHost Manager) ist eine Server-Management-Software, die kleinen und mittleren Unternehmen, Entwicklerfachkräften, Geschäftsführern und Partnern hilft, Websites und Webserver zu verwalten. Mit der Lösung...

4.8
4.1

Nutzerbewertungen zu cPanel & WHM durchsuchen

149 von 149 Bewertungen
Shaunak
Shaunak
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10’000+ Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 17.5.2022

One of the best UI based panel to manage your server

I am using cPanel for almost 6+ years now, and it is the only convenient way to manage my servers. Even with reseller hosting, I look for cPanels. That is why I never prefer Hostinger or GoDaddy. Their management panel is more like a portal and it is not much useful. I love cPanel for its simplicity and the job it does.

When I was new to hosting and server management, cPanel was first among the tools that I used. cPanel is so easy to use that any neophyte with minimalistic knowledge can use it without any hassles. They timely provide UI and icons update. There is a wide variety of plugins like SSL vendors, App installers, Metrics, etc. 3rd party integrations make it very feature-rich. I love DNS records management. It is very easy to search and modify records from their directory.

Apart from lots of features, a few features need some mending. Like the file explorer (File Manager) they have is not very keyboard friendly. Keystrokes should be mapped with the buttons and features. Also, using the old email clients is not much productive. We cannot append the name of the sender in the header. A new email client (except webmail and horde) should be implemented.

Josh
Josh

Bewertet am 7.1.2021

Great product but bummed by the price hike.

Great product has all the features I need though just had a pricing structure increase.

Allows me to do everything I need to do with my hosting. I have played with plesk but I am more used to cpanel and WHM and know where everything is and there are so many features that allow me to resell hosting and make money from it! It is updated a lot which is great.

The main issue I had is this new pricing structure. It did increase my hosting bill quite a bit. Also every now and then I can't find something as there is soo much to it so I have to talk to my hosting company. So it can be a bit complicated until you learn it.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu cPanel & WHM

It has all the features I need and like the structure better than plesk.
Ben
Ben

Bewertet am 5.10.2019

Moved to Plesk as it provides better features and is better value for money

I have used WHM for an number of years, and am in the final stages of moving all of my sites that or on WHM based servers to plesk based ones - just because something is industry standard, does not mean that it is good or should continue being the defacto software that hosts use.

This is simple to implement and is a standardised piece of software that is regularly used on many hosts, so you know what you can do when logon to a new server - reducing developer / devops learning curve.

It's outdated, it isn't a pleasant UX, it feels like it is buggy, the only documentation isn't great and is community led so it feels like it is awkward or inaccurate. The update process always feels risky, and the methods of implemnting nginx just feel awkward.

Die besten Alternativen zu cPanel & WHM

Bewertet am 31.5.2022

Great set of tools for managing hosting for clients

Cpanel and WHM was one of the first to provide a layer of abstraction on server managment, and a web interface that worked pretty well. It was our main choice for many years to create, manage and sell hosting services.

Really solid, lots of features, multiuser setup

It's feels old, is too clumsy sometimes for small projects, not too elastic for new deployments

Gründe für den Wechsel zu cPanel & WHM

Cpanel and WHM was the best offer, most cost-effective.
Dehn
Dehn

Bewertet am 15.5.2021

WHM & Cpanel make navigating hosting solutions across different hosts a breeze

WHM (WebHost Manager) I have used since release and enjoy the UI for my own use at times, being more used to cPanel I can go either way. However for Clients, WHM is a stellar product and I enjoy it for that purpose every time I use it. cPanel is just ubiquitous to me when I consider hosting in general. Over the years I have had to use proprietary stuff from GoDaddy and many others but they were all CRAP. I would suggest against any option other than cPanel in any use short of huge Cloud accounts that need the specific build some Hosting requires. I have a Siteground account that is an indication of that, but short of anything below high dollar hosting I wouldnt work with a host that lacks cPanel functionality.

Generic in terms of branding, fully functional in that form. In other words, different hosts aren't compelled to change it and that makes working on clients sites easily with no learning curve to worry about

Occasionally doesn't allow for a feature but usually, that's the host. I really have no issue at all with Cpanel and have considered any hosting I was deciding on first based on cPanel. If they don't have it I will go to higher pricing first

Marcus
Marcus
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung

Bewertet am 8.12.2020

Excellent solution for hosting websites and emails

My overall experience has been very good, cPanel and WHM allow you to achieve all of your digital marketing needs and client-side requirements for hosting, web development and emails.

cPanel is a great product that makes it extremely easy to manage your own servers, DNS records as well as emails and clients websites. It is an all in one solution to managing both emails and websites as well as the technical aspects through a wonderful interface.

The WHM master control panel also makes it very easy to manage multiple cPanel accounts and functionalities. Furthermore, allowing you to create separate login details for each of your clients to access their own cPanel dashboard for management purposes

The biggest cons with regards to cPanel is that there exists no automatic backup functionality which is a very important feature, single-use licenses can also become extremely expensive. Lastly, the email interface options could also use more work and features to be included.

Giuseppe
Giuseppe

Bewertet am 28.5.2022

Wonderful panel for server management

It often happens that customers have vps managed by CPanel, it offers every tool you need to manage a server, especially for those who do not want to manually manage the configurations.

during use I did not encounter any defects or problems. maybe a graphical refactoring could be interesting.

Virgilio
Virgilio

Bewertet am 1.5.2021

A must have for most commercial Webhosting companies

What I like the most about cPanel (& WHM) is it's prevalence. Most webhosting clients are already familiar with it, and there's plenty of documentation available, so it makes for a smooth experience for clients and admins alike.

The recent change in their pricing tiers.

Amit
Amit
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10’000+ Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 11.3.2023

cPanel and WHM - Best website management tool

Overall it's a good tool which enables administrator to install SSL certificates and monitor websites.

User-friendly interface on both cPanel and WHM. Wide range of features like alerts, server monitoring and SSL installation.

The software pricing is a little expensive. CPanel does not support Windows OS, other than that it's a one in all solutions for website management.

Bed
Bed
  • Branche: Design

Bewertet am 15.4.2022

Hosting, Database and Email Management in Single Spot.

I am using Cpanel to manage my company website and company business email. I found Cpanel is easy to deploy and reach in features like email management, autoresponder, file management, SSH terminal, securities, and more.

Easiest to use and don't need deep knowledge of deployment while building and setting up a website on Cpanel. Cpanel enables me to manage all of my business emails in one place with an autoresponder.

I feel difficult to use Cpanel on my mobile. Sometimes I need to operate Cpanel while I am far from the city at that time I face some difficulties using it. All other features are excellent.

Jasvinder

Bewertet am 16.2.2023

The Best Hosting Platform for SME Business

It is very easy to use. One of the most popular and Old product that gets regular updates. However if Cpanel can manage keep the prices low, no one will be able to come close to it.

Ease of use, Loads of feature and manageability. Regular updates that we get from cPanel directly are very important for us.

Bit costly for small customers when it comes to India Market. There are alternative hosting too that are now gaining popularity due to regular increase in cost price and INR-$ price fluctuation

Warum cPanel & WHM gewählt wurde

Ease of use and familiarity with the product

Zuvor genutzte Software

Ease of use and familiarity with the product
Jorge
  • Branche: Professionelles Training & Coaching

Bewertet am 22.9.2020

WHM & CPanel bring hosting management down to earth

When you offer so many features, you can always fail in the structure/organization of them, but WHM & Cpanel's menus are really clever and intuitive. You don't spend too much time finding what you're looking for and even have a search system to make this even better. It's really a world class product used by ginormous companies.

If i have to choose a simple phrase to describe them, it would be "feature rich". There's nothing you can't accomplish when it comes to managing hosting accounts, in large scale or individually, using these products. It's like a perfect couple that fulfill each other.

Particularly, the update/changelog notices/management can be better in order to be aware of what has exactly changed and prepare for it in advance.

Verifizierter Rezensent
  • Branche: Computer-Software
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 22.12.2020

Easy Self-Serve Site Management

I like cPanel. It's familiarity and ease of use means that nearly every web host I use is a matter of choosing based on service and pricing rather than ease-of-use.

With a few odd exceptions, most things are relatively easy to find within cPanel. Because cPanel is so prevalent in web hosting, learning how to use it once means you can re-use the same skills and knowledge even when moving to many other hosts. Most functionality is straightforward enough that someone with minimal knowledge can find their wat around and make changes if needed.

Some web hosts still use outdated versions of cPanel which are harder to navigate and use. It would be nice if cPanel somehow operated like cloud software where all hosts are automatically using the most up-to-date version. Not sure if that's technically feasible. From the handful of web hosts I've used, I've noticed that often there is functionality in cPanel that is duplicated outside in the web hosts own interface, and as a result changes made to some aspects of a hosting service done within cPanel don't actually do anything. This is frustrating and usually results in a call to my hosts tech support unless the solution is obvious. I wish that those duplicated functions in cPanel would just redirect me to the right place. Some of the language in the platform can be ambiguious, although that said, I'm not a professional dev - just a hobbyist so perhaps with more background knowledge that wouldn't be an issue.

Nitesh

Bewertet am 19.9.2022

One of the best hosting panels available in the market

Overall the experience has been very good. If we ignore the expensive price, the software does perfectly what it is meant for. There is a reason why it is the world leader and that is because of the ease of use and strong features.

cPanel makes providing hosting services very easy. It is one the best hosting panels available in the market. Their complementary support is awesome and fast.

The only thing I dislike about cPanel is it's pricing. It has become a ritual to increase the price every year and it is hurting many small hosting providers

Boris

Bewertet am 26.3.2021

Best hosting and server management available

We use cPanel in all shared hosting websites we create for our clients. I am particularly happy with how easy it is to manage WordPress installations through Softaculous, and how easy it became to update WordPress since they rolled out the update that lets you create staging versions. All the server settings are easily available through a simple interface making server management a walk in the park!

cPanel is my favorite part of web hosting management. All the options are available at the click of a button. Webapps are easy to install and set up, and there are very handy file and email managers available.

I have been a cPanel & WHM user for the better part of the last 10 years and I have yet to find anything that I dislike. The updates are only making it better!

Donald
  • Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 5’001–10’000 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 25.6.2021

Simple to Use and inexpensive

I have been using WHM and cPanel for years, and it is great for deploying new sites as well as managing them. The analytics provided help me make decisions on what is working and what isnt

Features that allow us to quickly deploy Wordpress, Joomla, etc... Very easy to understand and everything is at your fingertips

WHM can be a bit challenging at first until you get used to the UI. An update to the UI or additional features such as letting you remove or add accounts from the same button.link would be nivr, but just a quibble, the existing intetace does everything you need efficiently

Kimberly
  • Branche: Verbraucherdienste

Bewertet am 24.3.2023

Tried, True, Tested and Twenty Years In

cPanel & WHM have been around since the Web went public and people started building websites I think. I know I have been using it for 20 years! It was the backend on my very first website and will be the backend serving up my very last one someday too I'm sure.

What's not to like. It's easy to use, has every feature you can need and more, lots of one click installs, analytics, database integrations made easy, plus a huge user base for any questions that arise. If your nervous about hosting your own website and having to do "server backend stuff" have no fear, cPanel has you covered.

I have been using it for so long it is like a habit

Tapiwanashe

Bewertet am 3.10.2019

Absolutely amazing webhosting management software

This was our first option when we were starting our hosting services and it was just a great option such that it just became the only option, it's so great and has made managing accounts a breeze, this is definitely a great piece of software worth the money

I think the API is by far the best of this software, it allows a great deal of automation.
The documentation is just so great and so detailed you probably won't get lost for both basic usage and API calls
The User Interface is clean, you don't get overwhelmed which makes it easy to use.

Feature are split between multiple API versions, it'd be great if all those things could be consolidated to just one version that requires one method of calling that would definitely make life easier.
It your internet connection is weak you may keep getting logged out

Doug
Doug

Bewertet am 1.8.2018

WHM is the definitive source for Apache web server access and maintenance.

Easy of management of the Apache Webserver

Easy of use, secure, patched & maintained are just a few words that sum up this software. Running a production level Apache Webserver without WHM is not something that anyone wants to do. It's graphical interface is intuitive and well documented.

Some areas that drive me craze about WHM is NOT being informed when updates are going to happen and the lake of a good, reliable mobile application.

Robert
  • Branche: Software für die Automobilindustrie

Bewertet am 5.12.2019

Must Have

Used WHM over 10 years as an administrator for hundreds of clients and was very very happy with it till the pricing structure.

WHM is a must have for large hosting companies as it is very solid, updated quite often and has a very solid support system and quite innovative.

the price shot through the roof with the pricing change which will have hurt a lot of small hosting businsses as well as large enterprises.

Verifizierter Rezensent

Bewertet am 26.11.2022

User Satisfaction

very esay to use the Cpanel these make it more powerfull and user friendly.

well on part of signature they really need to do it more better, even though the user interface is friendly they really want to work on modern UI.

Divaldo
  • Branche: Verbraucherdienste

Bewertet am 7.1.2023

Good server control panel managment

I have several clients that use cPanel as a control panel and feel more comfortable using it so I keep this control panel in the server maintenance and management agreement.

Because it is a very popular control panel, most of the developers I work with know and prefer to use.

Prices are quite high analyzing the cost and benefit.

Bewertet am 6.9.2017

Very fast way to host a light wights and powerful web hosting

Really easy and fast web hosting and is light on the host and gives a lot of options

A really good system to keep Wordpress sites running on. Constantly updating and maintained with a lot of features to make sure it run the way you need.

Support can be really hard to get a hold of (luckily there is a lot of information out there)
Might not be easy for beginners.

Bewertet am 10.2.2023

Easy to use for the daily usage

I have been using WHM/cPanel since 2006, I came from Ferozo and the daily usage become easy to catch for my company and customers, no matter any technical knowledge.

Since my first approach to cPanel to handle my client's website back in 2003, the intuitive UI and features allow any user to manage a server in a few minutes. I tried Plesk manager, then moved to Ferozo due as part of my VPS provider policy changes. I have decided to move to another provider with cPanel and all suites, until these dates.

Sometimes I wouldn't say I like the UI for aesthetic reasons but I forget after the essential task over my VPS. It's a perfect tool.

Todd

Bewertet am 16.10.2018

WHM is still the most common way to manage a server ... for a reason

Ability to stop spam, lock out brute force attacks and ensure the smooth running of my client's websites and email is a life saver.

The ability to manage security issues using a GUI is still a cool feature after all these years for a non server tech like myself.

The learning curve is steep but much more user friendly than Plesk.

149 Bewertungen