Über Square Point of Sale

Square POS ist ein mobiles POS-System, das für iOS- und Android-Geräte verfügbar ist. Zu den wichtigsten Funktionen des Square-POS-Systems gehören die Verarbeitung von Online-Zahlungen, Umsatzberichte, Inventarnachverfolgung,...

4.7

Nutzerbewertungen zu Square Point of Sale durchsuchen

2’407 von 2’406 Bewertungen
Toni Lee
  • Branche: Grafikdesign

Bewertet am 11.1.2023

Great Processing Software

I love this software, I just find the cost/rates are higher than elsewhere... but the quality is there.

The cost is always an issue with items like this!

Tom

Bewertet am 26.12.2022

Square works well for our business

Experience has been very good overall. We had an older IPad which required upgrading so we also bought a new stand. Everything transferred over seamlessly because it is cloud based.

We like the capabilities of the POS to capture customer information including frequency of visits. We utilize the loyalty feature which has helped us be positioned for more frequent return business.

Would like to see tiered pricing for card processing. We have to compete with big retailers that have better rates for processing credit cards than we do

Clover

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Square Point of Sale

Hartland was a very close second. One of the differentiators was the integration of email campaigns. We rely on the to communicate and retain customers. The integration was very important
Arwa
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 11.1.2023

Pos review

Makes it easy to track certain orders and items

Systems seem to crash weekly and have to be restarted. Can be frustrating when it happens during peak business hours

Die besten Alternativen zu Square Point of Sale

• Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness

Bewertet am 7.11.2022

Square Point of Sale Review

My overall experience with Square Point of Sale was okay. I have no problem setting it up and start taking payments and sending invoice but there were a few features that were missing and I wish I new about it before I implemented the system.

The software is extremely simple to use and setup. I have problem setting it up and get it ready to take payments.

While Square has its strength, it also has several weaknesses like some feature are missing such as being able to enter the item quantity without having to keep adding the item. Many receipt printer also do not work with Square.

Clover

Warum Square Point of Sale gewählt wurde

I made the switch because PayPal do not have a lot of hardware option to use.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Square Point of Sale

Square was more affordable and I can use my own iPad.
Mary

Square POS

I've never had too much trouble with Square - i've had a pretty good overall experience over the past several years. We always seem to come back to the Square POS anytime we have thoughts of switching.

The product is easy to use, quick to learn, and has a very user-friendly interface. It's simple when you need it to be simple, but allows for more complex structure when you require more complexity and detail!

The processing fees are a little more steep than some competitors, but there are several options to lower that cost as well.

QuickBooks Payments

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Square Point of Sale

tried QB Payments and it was difficult for what we needed it for - the Square provided us a little more simplicity and direct interface.
Joy
  • Monatlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Bewertet am 21.12.2022

Square is a must have for small scale businesses or exhibitors during convention events.

The overall experience is positive and Square has been an easy recommendation of mine to small business owners who need smooth POS systems.

Square has been around for a long time and have a great onboarding system. It's very straight forward and simple to use.

Square should consider creating easier software for appointment based businesses. The only thing I've found lacking with Square.

Shopify

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Square Point of Sale

Retailer did not want to use Shopify and go direct into POS system via Square.
Jeremy
  • Branche: Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit

Bewertet am 20.12.2022

BEST Payment Processor out there!

Processing cards, ach, square, and customer emails.

I like the fact that it takes out the processing fee EVERY TRANSACTION not a big bill at the end of the month. I love the marketing, email, customer loyalty and several other features as well.

I don't like how they charge for each individual feature.

Brookes
  • Branche: Luxusgüter & Schmuck

Bewertet am 20.12.2022

Square POS is the best system to solve any business sales management problems

Square Point of Sale is a very simple system to use in a business. It is well equipped with all the required features a business or company may require all provided under one roof. It is quite affordable compared to all it offers to it's clients. I proposed the use of the system in our business after an intensive research online and found out it was the best compared to other systems offering the same service.

The inventory management and POS system comes handy and the whole system is easy to use. Does not require intensive training. Integrating the system takes a short time compared to other competing systems in the market.

What needs to be improved on the system is the ability to have a way in which a businesses can track their daily profits by having the Unit price and a selling price. This helps users not well conversant with accounts to get their daily, weekly and monthly profit reports easily.

Bradley
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Bewertet am 13.12.2022

Credit Card Acceptance Made Easy!

Very positive. It allows us to process card payments where we otherwise wouldn't be able to

We use this for our school's student store and the software is easy enough that our students with learning differences and challenges are able to handle taking the cards and making the purchaes.

I wish there were more features for keeping an accurate inventory

Jason
  • Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen

Bewertet am 1.12.2022

Couldn’t make it without this software

I love being able to take payments from my mobile device.

There was one time where a hood was placed on a payment but it was cleared up within 24 hours.

Caitlyn
  • Branche: Unterhaltung

Bewertet am 27.9.2022

Square Point of Sale is a LifeSaver!

My overall experience with Square POS has been a good one. For the last seven years that I have used this product, I have not had any serious issues. It is very efficient, organized, easy to use, and they made it very easy for me to reach customers I otherwise would not have been able to help. So if I had to start all over again, I would once again choose Square.

I like its ease of use, the fact they make their features very "what you see is what you get" so I don't have to spend much time training others on how to use it if I have need to. I like the fact that everything is very clear and organised for optimum efficiency. I can get to anything I need in a matter of seconds without having to jump through hoops just to find the features I need at any given time. If you are someone who is just getting started with a small business, I would definitely recommend using Square POS, because it took me from barely doing barely any business to having a growing community of customers practically overnight. All thanks to how convenient and easy the software is for customers and business owners.

Thus far, in the last seven years I have used this product, there really hasn't been anything I have found that I REALLY dislike about it. It's a very simple uncomplicated software and that is what is so great about it. So nothing negative to say.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Square Point of Sale

I chose Square because of its affordability and easy plug and play "what you see is what you get" format. It was great for me when I was just starting out as a business owner and it's been just as good, if not even better, as my business has grown. So I would definitely recommend this software to anyone, whether they are just starting out or if they are looking to switch to a new POS software.
Bill

Bewertet am 31.1.2020

Good Day, Bad Day

I’m a bit sad. For 6 years I have been using “Shopkeep” as my point of sale software provider. This is my cash register, and where I enter my inventory descriptions, quantities, prices, customer data and pretty much everything about my business. My sales histories, credit card transactions and, most importantly, 6 years of sales and customer info is stored on a distant Shopkeep cloud…. I think?
Six years ago I recall sitting at my kitchen bar and doing endless Google searches and reading endless reviews about the many POS providers and finally narrowing it down to two or three. I absolutely wanted cloud-based with IPad terminals and a small footprint. After doing a few online demos, I chose Shopkeep. And now, six years later, this lukewarm POS marriage with counseling, a lot of arguments and the threat of separation… I started chatting with “Square”. Yep, Square is the biggest cloud-based, IPad POS provider in the country. I am not a sheep, and I hate going with the Walgreens or WalMart of POS systems, but after six years of Shopkeep, I think I finally know what I really want. And for fear of sounding too techie or like a spouse coming out of a bad relationship, I’ll just say, one of the many advantages of being a billion dollar company is you can hire the best developers and programmers money can buy. So, need I say more. It is a wonderful product and no one is even close as to how it operates.

It operates just like your mind works. It is so logical. It was so simple to upload my inventory and customer data.

No option for another color system. The white color sticks out like a sore thumb. Otherwise, I would say they nailed it.

Mylinh
  • Branche: Alternative Medizin

Bewertet am 21.4.2020

Square POS app

This has been great with no problems! It allows me to bill anywhere and review my billing history. It gives me a breakdown of new clients and how many returning.

One thing I would like to see change is the 1099 form. It only gives me one if I sell more than $20K in products a year. I would like to be less and more flexible for small business owners!

This is portable and accessible from anywhere. I also like that I can send invoices, schedule a time for it to send and set up reminders to the client!

On the initial setup, my profession was not setup up properly so I was not able to accept HSA or FSA credit cards. It was because there was no option for me as an alternative healthcare provider. Customer service helped me and my issue was fixed!!

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Square Point of Sale

I actually still have both but the Square app is more user friendly on my smartphone such as invoicing. I use square more for my business.
Sheri
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung

Bewertet am 28.7.2022

Easy to set up, reliable, and with the features I need in my business!

I set up Square after researching other options when I launched my business 4 years ago, and have been pleased with the choice ever since. I have considered other options since then but keep sticking with Square since they truly have what I need, and the time cost of switching has never been worth it to me.

The most important aspect of Square Point of Sale is the ability to set up monthly, quarterly, and annual recurring invoices. Its shocking other solutions don't offer this, or only offer it at VERY high levels of monthly investment. This is a user-friendly solution for my business and is easy to understand, set up, and get rolling right "out of the box."

The address book makes it a bit tough to set up the clients as a business, it's a bit more geared to selling to consumers. But I've been able to create a workaround to make it work for me (business name in one of the name fields). I also really would like to integrate Square better with QuickBooks but I think QB is the problem - QB is notoriously difficult to work with (VERY difficult!).

Zoho CRM, Stripe Billing und Quickbooks Online

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Square Point of Sale

Primarily I chose Square because of its easy interface, quick time to launch, address book set up, but mainly because of recurring invoice functionality.
Christy
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 14.4.2020

Square Point of Sale for Gift Card Sales

Over all, having the ability to sell E-gift cards from my existing website without a monthly fee was a huge game changer for my salon company! We went from selling $200-$300 per year in online gift card sales to well over $2000 the first holiday season my company offered E-gift cards. I believe the increase was due to the great look of the gift card choices, the Square name that everyone knows and how easily I could added the service to my company website.

I love how easy and fast it was to set up and link into my website. Square gave me the exact dimensions my photo(s) needed to be for the custom branded E-cards for the Square point of sale. In addition, my main reason for choosing Square Point of Sale for my online gift card sales was that there is no monthly fee to offer the E-cards, my company only pay for processing sales.

Square Point of Sale continues to improve the software for the E- gift cards, however I wish the system would notify me, the owner, when a customer has purchased a gift card. Customers would bring in their digital gift cards for services and since Square Point of Sale did not integrated into our booking software & our company did not realize the card had been purchased staff would have to search to find the purchased card. I wish the gift card sales and the reporting of the gift card sales was more streamlined.

• Branche: Kosmetik
  • Weitere für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 14.1.2020

Great for vendor fairs

I’ve had zero issues with square. I’m always confident when I’m selling using the app, it’s so easy and the credit card rates are average.

The Square chip reader is so easy to use. It’s reliable, fast, user friendly, and easy to set up. It holds a charge and looks great when checking out customers on my iPhone. My Shopify reader is so unreliable, even though I use it for e-commerce, I always revert to square when on the road.

I wish there was a way to streamline the inventory tracking. I have a nail polish line with over 40 colors. It’s impossible to scroll and find each product to track. I always just use quick sale option.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Square Point of Sale

It’s more reliable and better hardware. I like the design of the reader better too!
Jason
  • Branche: Unterhaltung

Bewertet am 24.5.2022

Square Point of Sale is a great solution for small businesses to accept modern digital payments

Square PoS has been easy to use and easy to set up. It's allowed me to plug a hole in my accounts receivable dept by allowing instant payment by any modern means—including Apple or Google Pay

I have the small white brick PoS for taking tap and card payments. It was only $20 and it works perfectly every time. I can use my Square account to create and sell gift certificates too

It can be a little tricky to do quick sales in the app, as it funnels you towards creating a full invoice. I use different software for invoicing.

Sean
  • Branche: Religiöse Einrichtungen

Bewertet am 23.7.2019

Square is the best solution for being able to accept credit/debit cards for small businesses

Like I said, it was rocky to start with because smartphones and that kind of tech were not openly out in everyday life. but once that changed, acceptance of Square did as well. Wonderful product!

- It's easy to use.
- I have never had a situation where something had to be refunded.
- I've never heard of a complaint from someone who's card was used for a transaction.
- super affordable!
- Intuitive

when Square first came out, people were cautious and skeptical. I maybe only performed several transactions in the first couple years. then I stopped using it entirely for a bit, not because of square, but because the public in our area was just not up to date with "modern technologies" lol. Now in the age of technology where everyone has a smart phone people are more than willing to pay somewhere that uses Square.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Square Point of Sale

with square. being able to just swipe a credit/debit card like at a store is so much more convenient than having to set up an account with PayPal, then send a request for funds, and have the person use their smart device to go on and pay that request. with Square, you just swipe and sign!

Bewertet am 24.7.2019

Perfect for Small Businesses

Since using Square for my small business, I have felt more professional and organized. I was using PayPal before this, and I just felt like my customers deserved better. Square gave me options that I did not have with PayPal and made my transaction process smooth and seamless.

I love that Square is so easy to use and set up. I run a small company where I sell customized products. Square is perfect because for my company because of the low fees, quick set-up and free initial square reader. In addition, the inventory control option is just so amazing and simple. I can add and control inventory (even add photos) from the app with ease. I can also create and edit prices while creating customer inventories. Square helps my small business feel professional.

There is nothing I do not like about Square. It is the most professional off all inexpensive point of sales and is perfect for a small business.

Judtih
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 31.3.2020

Great for accepting payments in person and online

The ability to accept payments in person without a long and intimidating application process is revolutionary and has helped us accept payments in person and also remotely when needed.

Square was our first payment processor after Paypal once this industry started innovating. At the time there was no API so it wasn't a complete solution but now they've caught up. The convenient device to accept payments at in person and the ability to key in payments through the app are still a USP of Square.

Square was a bit slow to get their API and start to integrate with 3rd parties so a lot of our online traffic shifted elsewhere. How ever this isn't a negative about the software as now they have a ton of great features. Nothing bad to say except integration with more online sites and invoicing software would be welcomed.

Authorize.Net

Warum Square Point of Sale gewählt wurde

Keying in payments manually with the mobile app.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Square Point of Sale

Fast to setup, no long intrusive application process.
  • Branche: Bau
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10’000+ Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 12.10.2022

Square Point of Sale Pricing, Features, Reviews and Alternatives

Square is a mobile payment platform that allows businesses to accept credit and debit cards through their mobile devices. Square provides its users with a simple, secure way to accept payments, while also offering them the ability to track their transactions and manage their finances. Square is a popular choice among small businesses because it allows them to accept credit and debit cards without the hassle of having to set up an account. Square also makes it easy for businesses to track their transactions and manage their finances, which can be especially helpful for small businesses that may not have the time or the resources to set up an accounting system. Additionally, Square’s mobile app is easy to use, which can make it even easier for small businesses to accept payments.
This is a great choice for small businesses that want to accept credit and debit cards without the hassle of setting up an account.

The Square Point of Sale software is easy to use and offers a wide variety of features. It is easy to configure and set up, and it offers a lot of customization options. It is also very easy to use, which makes it very convenient for businesses to use. It also offers a lot of functionality, which makes it very useful for businesses. The software is very intuitive, which makes it easy for businesses to use. It also offers a lot of customization options, which makes it easy for businesses to customize the software to their needs. The software is very user-friendly, which makes it easy for businesses to use. It also offers a lot of customization options, which makes it easy for businesses to customize the software to their needs. The software is very easy to use, which makes it easy for businesses to use. It also offers a lot of customization options, which makes it easy for businesses to customize the software to their needs. The software is very user-friendly, which makes it easy for businesses to use. It also offers a lot of customization options, which makes it easy for businesses to customize the software to their needs. The software is very easy to use, which makes it easy for businesses to use. It also offers a lot of customization options, which makes it easy for businesses to customize the software to their needs. The software is very user-friendly, which makes it easy for businesses to use. It also offers a lot of customization options, which makes it easy for business

Square is a great POS system. It's easy to set up and use, and it's very customizable. It's also very easy to use. The software is easy to navigate, and it has a lot of features. Square is a very simple system to use, but it's also very powerful. It's very easy to set up and use, and it has a lot of features. Square is very simple to use, but it's also very powerful. It's very easy to set up and use, and it has a lot of features. Square is very simple to use, but it's also very powerful. It's very easy to set up and use, and it has a lot of features. Square is very simple to use, but it's also very powerful. It's very easy to set up and use, and it has a lot of features. Square is very simple to use, but it's also very powerful. It's very easy to set up and use, and it has a lot of features. Square is very simple to use, but it's also very powerful. It's very easy to set up and use, and it has a lot of features. Square is very simple to use, but it's also very powerful. It's very easy to set up and use, and it has a lot of features. Square is very simple to use, but it's also very powerful. It's very easy to set up and use, and it has a lot

• Branche: Medizinische Praxis
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 15.12.2018

Easiest and simplest way to start taking credit card payments for your office

Great. Simple and easy to use. People have said that their customer service is extremely hard to get hold of, but we have used it for 3 years and have had no reason to contact customer service.

Square POS was very easy to set up. The first card reader you receive (a simple plug in to an iPad or iPhone) was free. We created an account online, attached a bank account, and created a menu of items/services we provide. Then we simply chose photos for each service or product category so that it looks nicer in the app for our employees. The result was a very simple set up and a very clean looking POS.
What's also nice is that Square POS is good at being able to refund patients if something was charged incorrectly. They also get receipts if they choose to via text message or email.
Changing the prices and adding or deleting items on the service/products you sell is quite easy. You simply log in to the website and make changes. Also, you can turn in options such as giving customers a choice to tip or not.
For being an office that used to take cash only, choosing Square POS was the way to go in entering the world of credit cards. We have no regrets and have no had problems. The correct amount of $$ we received (minus 2.75% of every transaction) gets deposited into our account every week. And we no longer have to hire a collections agency to go after those who don't have cash or mail in checks because they will simply pay through credit card now.

Square does take 2.75% of your transaction each time. You can find cheaper alternatives, but not with the ease of set up and use that comes with Square. The bigger con about Square POS is that if you have take a payment over the phone and manually type in their credit card information instead of typing it, they charge extra at 3.5% of the transaction.
Also, the first card reader they send you is a simple swiper, but we found that it didn't always work well. Most cards these days have chips, and if you want a good and safer reading you'll want to purchase the Chip reader at $49. We don't regret the purchase though.
Lastly, if you are a restaurant and choose to include the option to allow customers to tip, know that square takes 2.75% of your ENTIRE transaction (including the tip your customers add).

Aurora
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 26.9.2019

Great as a user and business owner

Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for an easy to use and up to date transaction platform.

My first experience with Square Point of Sale was a couple years back as a Receptionist in a Fitness Facility. On a daily basis, we used Square Point of Sale whether it was to buy merchandise, memberships, snacks or sign up for special workshops. What I particularly loved most about Square Point of Sale was its easiness to use and software platform. We could receive payments from the company cellphone, iPad or computer depending what was available at the time. The platform was consistent on all three devices and just as easy to use on all of them as well.
In later years, as I opened my own Health and Wellness business, I went straight to Square Point of Sale as my main way of receiving payments. It has been an excellent tool and is always up to date. What I also like the most is how quick it is and easy to receive payments and it accepts most credit cards.

Square Point of Sale is excellent for receiving payments and I don't have any negative experience with the platform. The only thing I wish would be that the analytics and reports that I receive for all payments and invoices would be easier to read. I have a bit of trouble understanding them. Other than that, overall great platform.

PayPal Commerce Platform
Ronnie
  • Branche: Bekleidung & Mode

Bewertet am 29.11.2022

Made my business transactions a Breeze

I opened up my small business and launched my website in Jan of 2021 and e-commerce site thru Wix, Square was part of the bundle I chose, and I'm very satisfied with that choice. Its given me the security I need when dealing with online and in person transactions. Signing up took a bit longer than expected as I didn't have a business tax ID at the time, but they had an option for me which was life saving as I was getting a lot of requests for my product, so keep that in mind if you're in a rush to get started. Overall my experience with Square has been great and I definitely recommend!

Pros are definitely the ease you have with your online Transactions. They Mail you the Square reader for your ipad or mobile device and the installation is pretty easy, or if you're not lucky enough to have a tech person for a friend then you can easily contact Square to have them walk you thru set up. I have to say, having and feeling the security that you have with square regarding your online transactions is one of the most important Pros for sure. The ease of organizing your inventory is a huge Pro, as well as having your inventory being updated automatically. You get notifications via the app as well as thru your email regarding every transaction, with the total amount of sale after their fee. You get a monthly update of sales. Along with stats of average sales per hour, per day, and more, which is super helpful and helps you with forecasting best sellers and busiest times of the year.

Con is the Square Mobile reader is pretty easy to lose, so when you first start definitely order more than one reader!

• Branche: Restaurants

Bewertet am 3.9.2020

Amazing Analytics and Simple UI make this an Easy Choice for Small Business Owners

I inherited this software and POS software and hardware from the previous owner of my current business. Within a week I was a whizz at it. I love the reporting functions of the software above all but can also see it is customizable on the fly. Whereas many software packages are prescriptive to the business owner ("your new software can do xyz") I have found Square flexible and amenable to my needs as the business owner ("I the business owner can make the software do xyz just in the way I want it the process to be completed"). Huge difference!

I LOVE the ability to see previous sales trends and analyse current inventory consumption. If you are an idiot, you could make this software functionable and powerful in minutes. At the end of each day, the software sends you a report going over the day's sales and does so on an hour by hour basis. I have found Square POS to be a mighty assistant and even a powerful collaborator in growing my business, and couldn't run my burgeoning ice cream parlor without it.

I have had some problems with the use of electronic gift cards (obtainable through third party sellers) and the customer support has been a bit less-than-optimal. We discontinued use of the freshly purchased giftcards (price: $50) and instead substituted an old-fashioned but charming home-printer generated gift card system instead.

2’407 Bewertungen