Square Payroll Erfahrungen

Gesamtbewertung
Bewertungen
Mehr Erfahren

Über Square Payroll

Square Payroll ist eine Full-Service-Gehaltsabrechnungslösung, die kleine Unternehmen dabei unterstützt, Mitarbeitende über Onlinegehaltsabrechnungen zu bezahlen und Lohnsteuern zu verwalten. Die Lösung kann in eine Vielzahl von...

Nutzerbewertungen zu Square Payroll durchsuchen

606 von 606 Bewertungen
Chandra
Chandra
  • Branche: Kosmetik

Bewertet am 28.8.2021

Payroll Basics Covered

Other than the additional Square account, I am/was super happy with the software. Perfect for startups and small businesses. I highly recommend!

I loved that this was plug and play ready, user friendly and made payroll less of a headache. Tracking hours, schedules and pay was extremely easy and they handled all the government paperwork after set up. Reminders were super helpful and I never missed payroll deadlines.

I didn't like that I couldn't activate previously canceled plans. Since the pandemic caused me to temporarily shutdown I had to cancel the service to save the monthly fee. I was super disappointed that I had to create a NEW Square account just to get access to the plan again. In doing so, I had two locations, two Square accounts and double the headache of managing. Honestly this was one the biggest reasons I decided to switch to Zenoti to streamline everything into one account and make management easier.

Barbara
  • Branche: Buchhaltung

Bewertet am 9.10.2022

Our 100% Go-To payroll software!

We have tried other payroll programs and always come back to Square!

So quick and easy to use. Set up is quick and easy! Reports are perfect! Payrolls are always timely and accurate. Agency reporting at state, local and federal level have always been accurate and timely

WE NEED AN ACCOUNTANT LOGIN FEATURE!!!!!!! Need a way to customize the weekly summary to load into the client bookkeeping! One sheet that explains the Federal and local withholdings for bookkeeping purposes. For example (a breakdown of EMPLOYER FICA and Employee Fica, Federal unemployment, State unemployment and state withholding need to be printed on the summary sheet)

LORI

Bewertet am 17.1.2019

If you cancel their service...BEWARE!

I will be looking for a completely new POS system as well as processor as this situation has left my small business in a bind halfway through January 2019.

The software itself is fairly easy to utilize; however, if you happen to cancel your subscription beware as you will be on your own. I had reorganized and changed entities therefore, cancelled my Square subscription. When changing entities I acquired a new EIN for the LLC. Square has refused to provide W2's for my employees for the 2017 tax year for the Sole Prop EIN in which I used for the business while with Square. After several emails back and forth I just received confirmation that Square will not be completing W2's for my business as I cancelled my service.

Customer service is extremely difficult with square as a whole. If you have any type of problem you will pretty much be on your own to research the internet or review conversation on the forum.

Die besten Alternativen zu Square Payroll

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

QuickBooks Online Advanced

Shawn
  • Branche: Verbraucherdienste

Bewertet am 2.12.2022

Square Payroll is Great

It's accurate, easy and makes Payroll fast.

Square Payroll is fast and easy to use and it works.

It takes 4 days after processing payroll to get employees paid. However, you can apply to have that shortened to 2 days.

Alma
  • Branche: Musik

Bewertet am 15.6.2021

Square Payroll Services

I love Square Payroll Services. They take care of all the paperwork allowing me to manage my business.

I love this software and I plan to keep using it for many years.

Neil

Bewertet am 1.11.2021

Super Easy Payroll and Worker’s Comp solution

Extremely easy to run bi-weekly payroll. All reporting is handled for you.

It’s a little on the expensive side, hold times for support can be a little long but my questions have always been answered quickly enough.

Kayla

Bewertet am 20.7.2022

Saves my life

My business went from being such a hassle to making it enjoyable.

It makes my life and business functional.

Nothing i love this software and everything about it

Nicole

Great Square Payroll Experience

I have had no issues with square payroll. All steps are timely with accurate calculations and filing of forms.

I appreciate square payroll reminders, ease of use, importing of time cards, calculations, etc. The set up makes it easy to use and follow.

I have experienced no issues at this time.

Wave

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Square Payroll

I choose square because I already use the Square POS system and I wanted everything integrated in one place.
Cham
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Bewertet am 7.5.2019

Excellent once you get the hang of it

Square Payroll was easy to set up, and adding new employees is a very simple and fast process. Our employees have an online portal where they can edit their direct deposit details/address/withholdings/etc.
As the administrator I'm able to import their hours from third party programs as well (currently using T-Sheets)
The deadlines to submit payroll are clearly displayed, as well as the window of time when you can cancel or edit a submitted payroll.

For our company there are multiple pay rates depending on the work (regular hourly pay, drive time, etc.) When importing from T-Sheets I have to manually go through every time entry and specify what pay rate will be applied to each shift for every employee.
It's not possible either to change how direct deposits are labeled on the employee's bank statement. Instead of having my company name listed it just shows "SQUARE PAYROLL"

Angie
  • Branche: Verbraucherdienste
  • Monatlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Bewertet am 20.5.2021

A key tool for my business to run successfully!

Square has taken the scary part out of running a business for me and made it simple and straightforward. I could not run my business without it.

Payroll and pay contractor features are excellent. The invoicing is very good as well. Those are the two things I use most from Square. But I also like the online booking, team management, and how items and services are highly customizable.
Overall it's all pretty easy to use with a few things that just have a bit of a learning curve.

I feel like the ability to go from one location to the other on the mobile app could be improved.
Also, I wish Square would integrate with timekeeping apps such as Clockify.
We work per hour but not per shift, the time-keeping abilities in Square seem to be geared more toward retail and restaurant industries.

QuickBooks Online

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Square Payroll

I like the interface for Square and also the pricing was a huge factor for me as a small start-up business.
Francel

Bewertet am 15.6.2021

Square Payroll

I am able to make Square Payroll our one stop shop. It files and pays our quarterly taxes, W-2's, Worker's Comp Insurance, Employee Benefits, and Wage Garnishments.

Square Payroll is super user friendly. It has a ton of features we use such as time tracking, direct deposit, and benefits.

I would prefer if we could change the cut off day time to a day later in the week but still allow for Friday direct deposits. Currently the cutoff is set to 11pm on Monday for a Friday direct deposit. Mondays are always super busy for us and there are many times I am unable to get payroll in on time, resulting in me having to write checks.

Paychex Flex

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Square Payroll

The ease of use plus it is cheaper.
Richard

Square Payroll

I run my payroll on a bi-weekly basis. The use of this software means that I do not have to worry about filing the various and sundry state and local tax statements quarterly and annually. This is done automatically. I also do not have to figure out the various taxes to be withheld. The software does it. Although I have a small business, I can run payroll in less that five minutes. It doesn't matter if I am in my high season, or my low season, it takes the same amount of time because of the integration.

I own a small gelato shop. I use Square as my POS, my time card system and for my payroll. The integration of the products is seamless. The time card system allows the employee to clock in and out and that time flows right into the payroll. The time card system also allows me to add a lunch break or correct a timecard if someone forgot to clock in or out. The flow from timecards to payroll is a click of the button.

The payroll system also allows for individual benefits, both pre- and post-tax and both hourly or salaried employees.

The taxes are paid by Square and are calculated and paid on-time, removing a big headache for me. The tax reports are easily accessible and can be downloaded for those time when they are needed, like for PPP or other loans.

The only time that I have had to call support was to find out how to put in a post-tax benefit. That was not intuitive in the software, but very easily done once you knew which button to click.

• Branche: Anwaltskanzlei

Bewertet am 23.5.2021

Love it

I love the ease of use and the affordability.

Better access to customer service. They seem focused on their retail cash register service than payroll.

Donette

Bewertet am 10.12.2017

Square itself has been easy to use and mostly reliable.

The software is simple and pretty easy to use. Customer service is pretty strong and helpful with the exception of the payroll department.

The fact that an apple update, in which we couldn't control if the iPad updated EVEN when we had it set to "do not automatically update," completely messed up our system for a couple weeks was very inconvenient and was a total hinderance on our business. We had to wait for that second apple update to fix the issue but in the mean time we could't print receipts, use the reader, or open the drawer. It seems that Square should have made some kind of correction or glitch fix in the mean time to help their users continue using with ease.

Also the system has gone down completely in the past, and even though you all apologize... it still puts our business at risk when we can't complete transactions, harming our customers and our reputation. We should have been compensated for all of the trouble that we faced.

For payroll, it is extremely frustrating to not be able to talk to a live person when we have questions or issues. The customer service in the payroll department is not good.

Marisol

Bewertet am 5.11.2017

Over all good, easy to pay employees.

Easy to learn and use

Easy to use and customer service is always willing to help but at time since they don't use the products. Some questions are hard for them to answer, giving a text book answer and not fixing the problem. Even though they were ready and willing to help in every way. I have called multiple times and have had great experiences with staff.

Easier way for a receptionist to ring out different employees to lessen any mistakes, when pulling reports. Or..... giving an option to change service provider when pulling reports, if a mistake is made. Sometimes making the report irrelevant having to manually add all service and retail because something was rung up under an another employee. When paying employees commission a mistake can create tension. Ringing out you can not make any mistakes without voiding the transaction. when the only mistake was it was under a wrong employee name.

Gregory
  • Branche: Verlagswesen
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Bewertet am 15.7.2021

Leave Payroll Processing to the Experts at Square and Focus on Front Line Business Management

I was an original beta client of Square when I opened my office in San Francisco many years ago. Now I live and work in Colorado and find the cross sector platforms of running a business so seamless and intuitive. Also in the age of remote working, now I do not fear hiring either 1099'ers or employees as Square Payroll serves as the HR master in compliance.

For decades I have used a variety of platforms to process payroll. Since I already use Square on the frontline as a merchant services platform, it makes sense to use the payroll application to keep transactions simple and easy.

The only con that I have experienced was with a third party vendor that offered insurance services as part of the add-ons. It was a short lived and minor crisis and we have found a solution.

Barbara
  • Branche: Bildende Kunst

Bewertet am 17.7.2021

Best Payroll and Benefit Program for Small Business

Great customer support and ease of use.

Time tracking and tax reporting were invaluable

No complaints - everything worked as I hoped

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Ease of use and support

Bewertet am 19.4.2021

Saves me VALUABLE time and Energy

I am saving SO MUCH TIME, I know for a fact that my employees are clocking in and out and REAL times and not just the times they were writing down in my sign in book, it keeps everyone honest, it's been an absolute life and time saver!

I absolutely love the ease of use, Square Payroll submits all my tax documents for me, works up my W2 and W3 forms at the end of the year, it is so easy and effective!

I wish the app was a little bit easier to edit when I need to adjust a Timecard. Sometimes one of my employees forgets to clock out, and it takes a while for me to go in and change their timecard.

Anjie
  • Branche: Tierarzt

Bewertet am 29.6.2022

I have recommended Square Payroll numerous times.

It's been absolutely superb. It's quick and easy to use, and the customer service has been wonderful, especially for someone so out of their depth. I don't understand all the required parts of running payroll, and I need employees, so I rely on them to handle everything for me, and they do.

Like many small businesses, payroll is not something I know how to do. I needed a quick and easy way to handle this and still be in compliance with all the laws. It's a bit daunting, but Square Payroll made it so simple. I don't have to worry about anything because they handle everything with incredible efficiency.

I do wish I could have the vacation tracking be done simply by the month, and not by hours worked. My team gets vacation time based on the month they work instead of the hours because we have slow months where they don't work as many hours, but I still want them to have the benefit of that time off.

Dena

Bewertet am 6.12.2017

Good software at a great price

The software is very user friendly, which is a major plus of the software. I like that you can add Memos to the paystubs now. This is a nice feature. Also the software's features are of a great value for the services provided.

I do not like that you cannot generate complete timecard spreadsheets which include the date, start and end times for each day for a specified time period. You can download individual timecards for any given day, and you can generate a spreadsheet with the total number of hours worked for a given time period, but you cannot generate a single spreadsheet which includes the date, start and end times for every single date in the time range. I have addressed this with Square support and have asked for this to be something considered in software updates. Employers in CA are required to maintain timecards for their employees so it would be very convenient if Square could add this feature to the software. Having to download each individual day's timecards is rather burdensome. Also, Customer Service has not always been very helpful. Sometimes I just get a cut and paste with the rep which does not address my specific inquiry.

Jason
  • Branche: Konsumgüter
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 9.1.2018

Really enjoy Square Payroll!

I love how employees can set up direct deposit OR have a manual check, along with Square withholding the taxes and telling me exactly how much has to written in the check.

Very easy to manage employees, adjust hourly rate, overtime, timecards and off-cycle payments.

Wish there was a way to bulk add employee timecards. For example, if an employee works 5 days a week from home (I know of Homebase, but from a manual perspective) and the same hours every day. I currently have to submit 5 timecards, instead of one batch one.

Employees ask about seeing a breakdown of their hours inside of a pay period.

Cassandra
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Bewertet am 6.12.2017

This is my first payroll experience, so I don't have anything to compare it to.

I enjoy the convenience of having payroll streamlined with my point of sale system.

I've been very happy with the ease of contacting a real person to answer questions, of which I've had many. I appreciate how simple and streamlined the process is, and that I don't have to file any of my own paperwork.

When I signed up, it was at the beginning of Q2, and I had to run offcycle payments for Q1. Instead of filing Q1 late on it's own, Square combined it with Q2 and filed it all together. This was an inconvenience to sort out, and caused lots of confusion. I am still waiting to find out if I have to pay an IRS penalty because of this issue. Also, when I was signing up and adding employees, the software glitched and created multiple accounts for several of my employees. There is no way to completely remove these erroneous accounts from my employees list, so at times it has been difficult to sort through to figure out which is the "real" account for each employee. I'm currently trying to figure out how to find out the YTD payments for one of my employees, and I'm having a hard time finding this information.

• Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 23.5.2021

So easy for one location

Square Payroll is so simple to use, it takes minutes to complete payroll now. If you have one location I highly recommend it.

You cannot pull different location’s payroll from different bank accounts, square only allows one bank account for payroll.

Iris

Bewertet am 7.12.2017

Good

Friendly to use. Easy to maintain. Allows many options,
Like it in white, looks clean ( saw the new stand in black, didn't like it)

The stand is not practical for busy business.
We purchased two years ago and has the problem with connection all the time. Poor design. Also, the new version is very expensive and the company doesn't take the old one to give some credit in exchange.

Brandon

Bewertet am 16.6.2021

I’ve been using Square Payroll for two years, and have yet to have an issue with it. I love it!

This software is quick, user friendly and very inexpensive!

There’s nothing I don’t like about the software.

QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Square Payroll

Lower cost and ease of the app.
606 Bewertungen