Thinkific Erfahrungen

Gesamtbewertung
Bewertungen
Mehr Erfahren

Über Thinkific

Thinkific ist ein cloudbasiertes LMS (Learning Management System), mit dem Nutzer Online-Kurse erstellen, vermarkten und verkaufen können. Zu den wichtigsten Funktionen gehören die Erstellung von Kursen, Marketing und Vertrieb...

Nutzerbewertungen zu Thinkific durchsuchen

179 von 179 Bewertungen
Michelle
Michelle

Bewertet am 21.1.2021

Outstanding course-hosting platform that makes your life easy

Overall the experience has been excellent over the past four years. I have to add that the Thinkific Helpdesk is genuinely helpful, and their response time is lightning fast. They have an option for "how urgent is your issue?" when you submit your help ticket, and if you select "urgent," they actually get back to you very quickly, as in, within a few hours. This is essential when your income comes from your course website and you need help updating or fixing something!

I love that Thinkific is comprehensive so I get to focus on content creation and student outreach. Thinkific manages the payment portal and moves students smoothly through the course experience. In a lot of ways, it's set-it-and-forget-it, meaning - once you have a course set up the way you want inside Thinkific, students move through it beautifully and all you have to worry about is getting new students!

My only suggestion for Thinkific would be to provide a few more options for testimonials layouts on the sales/landing pages. I'd like more flexibility and options to showcase or emphasize certain student experiences... but otherwise, I wouldn't change anything.

Yadah
  • Weitere für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Bewertet am 26.4.2021

Beautiful Course Platform for Online Education

A stunning product which I would have been happy to use (even with all the workarounds for certificates, email and quizzes). The support is quick with responses and the tutorials provided really are next-level amazing. A consistent and impressive LMS.

This is an absolutely beautiful platform. Thinkific has been in the elearning industry for years and it shows - the portal is easy to navigate and set up courses. The tutorials section is robust and detailed, giving step-by-step information on how to set up various course features and troubleshoot any issues that may come up. There is the ability to issue certificates of completion, add an assignment section for students to upload their work, basic quiz functionality, drip-scheduling as well as compulsory lessons which need to be completed before the student can move on. The lessons can consist of videos, text, PDF's (which can be downloadable or not), or quizzes. You can embed videos and links from other sites too. The course analytics allow you to see how much of a course/lesson was completed before a student drops off, giving valuable insight which enables the course creator to edit and adapt the courses to make them more engaging for the students. There is also a 'community' feature which gives students the chance to chat and give/feedback away from an external site (like a Facebook group). Thinkific does not take any of the course fees and allows the course creator to keep 100% of the profits earned. There is also a free version which has a lot of features included.

The certificates are quite basic and it's necessary to be design-savvy and tech-savvy to create a certificate which would be accepted in the upload process. The quizzes are very basic and do not support time-limits, limited retries or anything more robust than true/false or multiple choice. Should you want to integrate with a more robust quiz software, their native integrative party is quite pricey! There is no built-in email functionality aside from the notifications that can be sent to existing students. As email is becoming more popular among other learning management systems this is quite a big negative point against them. The option to whitelabel the site completely is only available on the 'Growth' plan which over and above the 'Pro' plan which is already $99.

LearnWorlds

Warum Thinkific gewählt wurde

Option to do upsells and order bumps with Thinkific. Option for assignment uploads for students. All-round more robust LMS.

Zuvor genutzte Software

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Thinkific

Value for money and number of features offered. It's an established product with years of market research and expertise.
Farah

Bewertet am 7.2.2021

Good overall with critical limitations for teaching online live

Good. They have excellent customer support and they responded to me quickly even during busy times. I actually recommended them for a company that has recorded videos and could benefit from using a modern LMS to share their recorded lessons.

I think I like the idea of the software. There are alternatives. I think I picked Thinkific first because they have clear description about their software, seemed reputable and seemed like they have good customer service and responsiveness. Their website is nicely responsive for different screen sizes. Although the theme itself is limited, and you are on your own to customize it, I felt that the drag and drop choices for the editor covered everything I need.

There were critical limitations that I felt decreased the value of the software for my business. The first thing that made me feel uncomfortable is that the website you build for your business through their LMS software would publish to the public immediately as you save the changes. I look thoroughly through the website theme settings, but there was no way to keep the website as "password protected" or "private" before it is published. As a result, I felt I should hold on about sharing important details until I write the entire content of the website, then drag and drop the content for the layout, and then put the content.

After that first issue, I felt less excited. There were other limitations that resulted in me losing interest. I didn't feel like I want to pay to customize my website with HTML and CSS. importing your own website website was not a convenient option.

My courses were live online but their website had no way of sharing the time on the website based on the user local or system time. I would have to pay for their Pro plan and do it myself with javascript. I could look up and learn how to do it, but I didn't want to. I felt like the software was good for only recorded content. The price they were asking for was not convincing anymore. Slowly and slowly I lost interest.

Finally, I saw that they charge a flat fee for each student plus their monthly fee, for any student after the 100th student. I decided not to move forward with them.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Thinkific

I ended up not choosing Thinkific and went with an alternative.

Die besten Alternativen zu Thinkific

Lucas
  • Branche: Unternehmensberatung

Bewertet am 19.3.2021

Thinkific Rocks!

Excellent! I appreciate the outstanding product, fair prices, ease of interface and ability to easily build and delivery QUALITY courses. I haven't required customer service (that's a good sign!). I love the product and will definitely stay here!

The intuitive nature of your interface is extremely helpful for both course designers and students. As a site and course administrator, I'm exceptionally impressed with the ease of use. Thank you for incorporating finance management functions. Sleek design, ease of use, great price point. Don't change the price, it's one of your best market differentiators. I switched to Thinkific for the Pro Growth plan which was the key difference for me from other providers like Matrix.

I really need to market courses via social media with the least number of accounts and steps. It would be awesome if you could integrate some social media marketing tools into the site rather than link accompanying providers. The more I can do WITHIN thinkific, the better. The same applies for business functions like website management, sales of non-course materials (e.g., printed books, e-books), and perhaps QuickBooks

CYPHER Learning und Blackboard Learn

Warum Thinkific gewählt wurde

Price and ability to scale my costs via the Pro Growth plan. I really liked the Matrix site itself but couldn't justify the price as soon as I saw the Thinkific plans and the product. Your site is excellent!

Zuvor genutzte Software

CYPHER Learning

Richard
  • Branche: Architektur & Planung

Bewertet am 20.10.2022

Suitable For All Levels

Thinkific has been perfect as a solution for my starting an online training product that also has spreadsheet tools included. My experience has been great. I have only once had to contact support and it turns out it was my error that was causing a visual issue, which was soon easily corrected, once I saw my error. They were quick to spot what I'd done and let me know.

That it's really comprehensive, yet still has a free to low-cost entry-level option. It's easy to use and looks visually great too with its customisable interface options. Oh and I love that you can i-frame other websites and URL's into your courses (this is great for spreadsheets and websites) - it saves a lot of time and energy, and updating! Oh, and it has / had a low payment processing fee structure.

I haven't hit any issues with it yet so to date there's nothing I don't like about it.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Thinkific

It's entry-level plans (including the free plan that was / is available at the time I joined) are fully featured. Certainly enough to get started and have to commit to a paid or more expensive plan. It looked great and also (at the time of joining and still I think) had a lower fee structure, etc.
Jessie
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness

Bewertet am 9.1.2021

Launched my first course!

Overall I'm super happy with my experience. I've spent the last few months editing my course based on feedback from the beta and am almost done setting up my first official launch. Excited to keep growing here!

I spent last year writing my first professional training course and was looking for a platform to use for the beta run. I wanted something that could handle the multi-media aspect of the delivery of my course, but that was also easy to set up for a non-techy beginner as I didn't have an assistant to set it up for me. Thinkific fit this need perfectly.

If anything the aesthetic of the platform could be a bit better (personal preference). While it is easy to follow it's just not as sleek as I'd like. And as a non-web-designer, I'd like to be able to customize the course landing pages to fit my brand with a bit more DIY ease.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Thinkific

Drag and drop course set up was super easy and had all the features I needed in the basic option.
SherriLee

Bewertet am 12.8.2022

Using Thinkific has helped me grow my business!

LOVE thinkific!

It's so easy to use, has great tutorials and their support is amazing.

It's gotten more technical over the years and really now a designer is needed to create beautiful landing pages unless you have time to figure it out.

Udemy Business

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Thinkific

Easier to use and no one critiqued my course to allow it to be on the platform
Becky
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Bewertet am 12.6.2023

A great platform, but not as robust as others

Thinkific was fine for when I started selling courses, but ultimately it wasn't the right tool for my business and needs.

This is a platform built for courses, and as such, it does that incredibly well. If you are only looking for somewhere to sell courses and are most concerned with those looking great and being well built for your customers, then this is a great program.

I really wanted a platform that could handle more than just courses (ie, also selling digital downloads, memberships, and 1:1 coaching programs). Thinkific isn't made to do everything because they focus on doing one thing really well. If you're looking for a jack of all trades rather than a master of one, this probably isn't for you.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Thinkific

I chose Thinkific because I had heard good reviews from some of my peers using it and it was easy to set up for someone who wasn't well versed in course management platforms.
Gavin
  • Branche: Medienproduktion
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Bewertet am 4.10.2021

Sturdy training platform

Happy, students seemed to get on wit it fine.

The way it structures lessons, with sublessons.

Fiddling to put video content in. Can be fiddly to restructure a course if adding a lesson.

Groove

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Thinkific

Better more robust platform, though Groove has now taken over and I'm moving to them
Verifizierter Rezensent
  • Branche: Fotografie

Bewertet am 3.10.2023

Thinific delivers

Overall it is goo. The product delivers what it sets out to deliver. I am happy to receive payment immediately unlike other online course options who hold on to payment for weeks.

Payment is received immediately when someone purchases my course.

It is expensive compared to Systeme.io. They use Stripe as the payment gateway. South Africa and Stripe are not compatible so I'm forced to use Paypal. This leads to lost sales.

Linda
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management

Bewertet am 7.12.2017

With Thinkific as our Platform, we have successfully launched three very different online...

We are at the beginning stages of offering a high quality course to students from around the world.

We researched many Platforms before choosing Thinkific.

We love that Thinkific is Canadian.

We love the journey that students take from first encountering the site landing page, going to the course landing page and then immersing themselves in the course.

I appreciate the helpful support from the Thinkific team. They do a great job of answering our many questions.

I am fortunate that Thinkific rebuilt their course editing software quite soon after we began developing our course. Their new software is quite easy to use and easy to revise.

I really like their flat-rate monthly subscription fee with no hidden costs.

I wish students could purchase this course in the currency of their own country.
I wish we could pay for our subscription in Canadian funds instead of American.
We have had to purchase a separate Discussion Forum because their Disqus Plug In is a social media plug in that is not confidential, and their built in Discussion Forum is very awkward and poorly organized with no ability to search, edit, or even manage posts.
Thinkific focuses much more on supporting marketing than on supporting online course development. We were fortunate that we had already taken two excellent courses in online course development that we could apply to the Thinkific Platform.
Thinkific is less responsive to good ideas for improvement than I would like them to be. For example, despite many, many requests from many course developers it is still not possible for the course author to copy, paste and edit quizes and so there is a lot of unnecessary labour involved in inputting quizes

Wendy
Wendy

Bewertet am 8.4.2019

Thinkific works for me!

No benefits realized yet as I just got my first course up and published. I have several courses written but finding the right software for me and my students was my Catch 22... never considered that would hold me back. I kept working on the courses... and finally, the solution was presented to me.

I have tried so many different teaching platforms already and never actually published. Just wasn't confident in knowing the site well enough -- but in no time at all, I am published on Thinkific and so thrilled I made the leap. Finally!

Pure FUN!

Thinkific is easy to use. Add a new Module, one click to add content, module after module. So easy!

Better yet, I LIKE how it looks to the user. I LIKE how the site can look like mine -- not another platform. It does look different, but MY site name is on top, visible, so users know where they are immediately. I've tried others and never quite liked the look as I work with seniors who have retired... and wanted simplicity. This time I found just that. AND YET -- very functional, with every content option I'd like to add.

Thinkific has a great Facebook group too. Very active and helpful, learned how others are doing their classes so gives me new ideas. Some groups were full of people whining about what the software didn't do or needed to be corrected... that didn't work for me either, yeah, picky picky! :)

I only had to ask Support one question while adding my first course. My only question was: how to add a manual student who paid me privately (or complimentary class) if they didn't purchase through Thinkific itself. I know its there, just chose to ask instead of searching! :)

I didn't even use HELP pages to learn how to use it... it was pretty intuitive for me and I love that! Please don't think that means its not a fully integrated teaching service, it really is. They simply "got it" where the user (me, the instructor) and the other user (student) is concerned. Someone did the work to think about how both users will interact with the software. Kudos!

Cheryl
  • Weitere für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Bewertet am 20.11.2019

Great Option

I enjoyed Thinkific and may yet return to it when my current contract is up with the LMS I moved to earlier this year. It's certainly as easy to use, and the sales page option is better designed. Everything else is about the same, but Thinkific is slightly more expensive and the pricing model is confusing.

I liked most that there was a free option to get started and that there is a front end option that shows all courses owned by an account native to the program. Thinkific is easy to use and now that it has added a community feature it's almost perfect.

At the time I switched from Thinkific, I did so to get a native community feature so my students wouldn't have to go to Facebook for community. Now that Thinkific has added it, there's only one complaint I have, and that is that I need another layer of complexity for my courses. Unfortunately, I haven't found an LMS that has that, so Thinkific is no worse in that regard than any other LMS I've explored.

I do have an issue with the pricing model, which is too complex and confusing. That makes it hard to compare with other options.

Thomas
  • Branche: Sport
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Bewertet am 4.11.2022

Great product but there are cheaper options coming through.

Overall, a great experience and will continue to use it if updates are made. I've had emails from fresh learn as of late which are half the price for what seems to be the same features that Thinkific give.

I do really like Thinkific although the price seems a bit higher than some new online platforms that are coming through. I like the course layout and the amount that you can edit. It's a bit more tech-savvy than some which I don't mind. I've built fast courses with Thinkific and enjoyed being a user on a weekly basis. I do just hope that Thinkfics features get more modernised as time goes on as it can seem a little outdated at times. Just my opinion :)

It's a bit more tech-savvy than some which I don't mind, but even a tech-savvy person wouldn't mind more convenience every day. This could come from more drag and drop and more templates to use as there doesn't seem to be any help in building your courses. There may be tutorials that I haven't come across the mind. I would like to see the price drop down before I go elsewhere.

Waleed
  • Branche: Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1’000 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 3.5.2019

No brainer choice of course management software

I researched so many LMSs out there and finally found my soulmate 😝 On Thinkific I am launching my first, course, the way I want it to be.

Free to get started
Get paid via Paypal without being charged by thinkific
Perfectly beautiful themes
Add anything you can imagine, quiz, pdf, presentation, text, anything
Support for Rich text e.g. make important words bold or italicized
Available to anyone, not just Oxford or Harvard Professors
boy, i am in love with literally every feature of thinkific

user statistics are (so far as I understand) not recorded with quizzes. this could have been very great. so that students would know the level of difficulty of the quiz.

Enrrique
Enrrique
  • Branche: Telekommunikation

Bewertet am 23.4.2018

Project your career by making your courses known on the net

An excellent way to place and sell your courses on the net, making you gain prestige in the online educational area.

A very easy to use application that projects your career as an instructor and educator, you can sell the courses to students or companies, allowing you to take better advantage as it allows you to enlarge your professional profile, showing the courses you have done and who and how many have seen, making you notice in the professional area, it is quite complete and easy to use, with an attractive cost for the market.

I think they should improve a little the visual and design area, to make it more pleasing to the eye, allowing you to customize more each course and let your imagination fly to catch a larger audience, doing this would improve even more this excellent application.

Sally
  • Branche: Kunst & Handwerk

Bewertet am 13.1.2021

Customer Service is Horrid

In the days of Covid, with so many things happening to small businesses- THinkific has been the WORST to deal with. Just bad. So many other vendors are eager to help us adapt to all that is changing - not Thinkific. Just try to talk to a real person. Good luck.

Relatively easy to set up - as long as you don't want to have helpers.

HORRID for anyone working with a few helpers... they want to rape you on fees for additional admins.
Can't remove/archive past offerings
Customer service SUCKS.

Linda

Bewertet am 14.8.2019

Thinkific is a fantastic online learning platform

We are growing into an international learning community with the help of Thinkific.

Versatile, well organized, easy to learn.
Free until you get going.

- Terrible discussion forum (we wish they would link up with website tool box).
- Their pricing plans have changed in ways that don't work well for us and they have not been responsive to our feedback.

Talila
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 12.6.2023

Terrible experience and terrible customer service

Average platform, with awful service, would recommend anything else, have moved to LearnWorlds for now.

We thought Thinkific would be a great solution for internal and client LMS for onboarding. We invested a lot into a high plan.

It had some poor features, poor UI and UX, and customer experience. Once we went down to a lower plan, service went from average to absolutely terrible. We had multiple accounts and were unable to cancel one, it kept billing us and they would neither assist us to remove the subscription nor refund us. They also over-billed several of the clients we introduced to the software and those clients had similar terrible customer service issues.

Erica

Bewertet am 24.2.2022

Tech Support Needs Improvement!

The software is alright. I have a major problem with tech support. First, they throw articles at you. I understand it can be annoying to get the same question over and over, but when I’m replying to a thread I don’t want another random tech agent replying by dismissing me with more articles when we already established their articles do not resolve the issue. They are definitely not on the same page and you get replies from a different person each time even though you’re dealing with the same issue. Also, they cannot help with billing updates which is absurd.

It’s pretty simple and basic so it’s easy-ish for a beginner.

It could use more ease of functionality. When building a landing page you have to search for certain aspects that you want to change when it should all be right there.
Tech support needs a MAJOR overhaul.

Verifizierter Rezensent
  • Branche: Medizinische Praxis
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1’001–5’000 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 8.7.2021

Best Training App

Able to help healthcare virtual assistants like me when it comes to in-depth training. Very informative.

I loved that I'm able to learn with user-friendly features of the app. I'm able to watch informative videos that are included on certain topics everyday. I also loved the features when taking a quiz which makes me pay attention to details to pass it before proceeding to a next topic.

Not much least favorite. I'm satisfied with all the features.

Danilo
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 19.3.2021

Very easy to use and complete education framework

Very good, the platform was easy to learn and set up and the students are very pleased with their learning experience.

Very complete set of features.
Everything that you need is in one place.
Available on all platforms.

Better video management.
Better progress track tools for administrators

Brian Møller
Brian Møller

Bewertet am 7.4.2019

Any school or academy will fit right into Thinkific

I love the team behind thinkific as well, the weekly information to use the software, to hint out what is working at the time. Designs tutorials on any of the tasks needed to launch a successful online course.

I love the drag and drop options. The ease of use and bulk importers. I have such a great contact to my students and abundant options to get my teachings across. The editors are functional and best of all:

The designs are professional and looks like a Tesla ;)

I have room for up to 2gb videos! That is hosting and being serious to support online education. Did I mention it is Per Video!!

There is one thing I'd like to see different on Thinkific. My ability to have more sub-modules in each Chapter of my courses. That's it. Otherwise, I have nothing to say.

Sharon
  • Branche: Versicherung
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 2.12.2020

Feel Confident in the Basics

Thinkific is a strong performer for the price. It covers a lot of ground for course management needs from the all sides: student, teacher and administrative. You get many capabilities for video, text, downloads, discussions that serve different learning styles. The login, registration and payment system works well. Support can get you through even non-standard apps connections though it takes time and back/forth on email and phone.

Thinkific covers course the basics very well. It also provides strong administrative functions to support the student and teacher. Payment works well too.

The question import and question change functions need to be improved. Currently, they are unwieldy and time consuming. Support could be easier to connect to. But, as seems to be everywhere, you have to start with an email or chat.

Kate
Kate

Bewertet am 16.7.2019

Deliver Your Online Course or Digital Product With Ease

I think this is an ideal solution for someone just getting started with an online business.

I think Thinkific is super intuitive to use and offers regular, non-techy people the ability to deliver their digital products with ease.

I would like to see an integration that allows for making the internal dashboard as well as creating landing pages more customizable.

179 Bewertungen