SendGrid Erfahrungen

Gesamtbewertung
Bewertungen
Zum Anbieter

Über SendGrid

SendGrid ist ein cloudbasiertes E-Mail-Marketing-Tool, das Vermarkter und Entwicklern beim Kampagnenmanagement und Audience Engagement hilft. Zu den wichtigsten Funktionen gehören A/B-Tests, Mailinglistenverwaltung, vordefinierte...

4.1
4.1
3.8

Nutzerbewertungen zu SendGrid durchsuchen

724 von 724 Bewertungen
Uwe
  • Branche: Alternative Medizin

Bewertet am 13.1.2023

Ich würde sendrgrig jedem empfehlen

Mit dieser Software sind wir sehr zufriedenSie erhalten einen vollständigen Bericht und können leicht feststellen, ob Ihr Kunde die E-Mail erhalten hat oder etwas schief gelaufen ist. Das ist einfach unbezahlbar.

Keine Nachteile für mein Unternehmen, daher auch die 5 Sterne bewertung

Vishal
Vishal

Bewertet am 9.8.2021

SendGrid - Best Email API for sending marketing emails

I use SendGrid for sending communication and marketing emails to thousands of customers every day. Sending close to 100,000 emails per month and the quality of service is quite good. Must say I am happy to use SendGrid.

The best thing about using the SendGrid Email API was the performance measured in terms of email deliverability and server uptime.

The dashboard provides good insights with respect to number of emails sent, delivered and opened. Thus helps a great deal in improving marketing campaigns.

From the deployment point of view, the integration of SendGrid with the existing email service was quite easy and can be completed easily without great efforts.

As far as technical aspects are concerned, there is nothing which I don't like.

On the pricing front, would like to add my views. Currently, the pricing plans are available as Free (100 emails per day), Essentials and Pro. The Essentials plan starts from 14.95$ per month for upto 40,000 emails a month and the Pro starts at 89.95$ per month. These plans are good for small and medium size websites.

Would be good to see if a new Basic plan is introduced for a low starting price of 4.95$ per month and offering upto 10,000 emails a month. Such a plan would be highly suitable for extra small website applications who have a limited customer base.

Brevo

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SendGrid

Going by various product reviews and comparing the various plans offered by different vendors, we decided to select SendGrid as the best choice for our email requirements.
Eddie
Eddie
  • Branche: E-Learning
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 7.7.2021

E-mail Marketing optimized for Professionals

SendGrid is a tool made for those looking for industrial strength e-mail marketing. If you have a small list and want a free tool where you have many templates and can drag and drop designs, MailChimp is the right tool. However, if you are sending millions of e-mails and want to use code and highly technical attributes with tens of thousands of users in your e-mail list you pretty much have to abandon MailChimp and SendGrid is the best tool in the space

The code editor and how everything is optimized for coding allows for truly beautiful e-mail marketing campaigns. SendGrid can accommodate beautiful e-mail templates that were created in HTML/CSS, you just have to know how to code for it to be useful for you.

They do not have a way to graphically edit particularly easily like with MailChimp.

To make a good looking e-mail marketing campaign you must know how to code, there are not a lot of templates provided for you to edit or drag and drop. It was not intended as a tool if you would like to drag and drop.

On the upside this got us to learn how to code better.

Warum SendGrid gewählt wurde

MailChimp actually gets very pricey after you exceed 2,000 users. MailChimp also lacks the sophistication you need when you start doing more advanced activities companies like Uber and Spotify do. If you see sent by MailChimp you know it's a small business.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SendGrid

SendGrid is professional strength e-mail marketing.

Die besten Alternativen zu SendGrid

Pedro
  • Branche: E-Learning

Bewertet am 6.7.2020

The worst customer support ever

I had sendgrid free, then I upgraded to the basic. After the shared IP has been blocked many times due to spam, I decided to go to a dedicated IP address. $89/month (really expensive for the service). I send around 500 emails/day for my learners. The server wasn't sending it, it was sending only 100 emails. as it had a limit of requests. I tried to contact their support service and it was terrible, no help at all.

Then, I added some of my IPs to the whitelist, unfortunately I had to change my home IP and I got blocked from sendgrid, after over 2 weeks trying to access it and adding IP, they haven't helped me or given me a proper reply.

Not only I could not send emails, I cant access my account, neither I can cancel.
I had ti sign up with Amazon SES, and now my life is great!

Terrible support, the worst so far, cant even cancel and get a refund =/

Free trial
easy api integration
cheap and good user interface

terrible support

used in the past
Thomas
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung

Bewertet am 1.4.2024

Using SendGrid As An SMTP Service (Integrating With Other Software)

Overall we're really happy with SendGrid and have been using them for years now with no thought of moving or going back to our old method (which was just sending all of our emails over our regular SMTP details, which came with lots of drawbacks and undelivered emails).

We like how SendGrid provides us with a central platform which we can send emails to from our multiple other Platforms and have them all sent together from one Platform. It was also really useful for us to be able to purchase a Static IP Address just for ourselves, as this has increased both our reputation and the amount of our emails which are delivered now vs before we moved to SendGrid.

The initial setup, getting a Static IP Address and learning about the reporting features took a little bit of time to get used to, however this is probably to be expected with this type of product and it did not take us too long. We also had to "warm up" the new Static IP Address which we purchased, which meant sending some emails over a Shared Pool IP Address for so many days but, again, this is probably to be expected to help with reputation etc.

Thomas
  • Branche: Versicherung

Bewertet am 31.7.2023

SendGrid - You pay for reliability

Easy to set up, secure and verbose logging and reporting make this an easy choice for SaaS email relaying. While there is a marketing portion to this application, we don't use it so I can't speak of it.

I don't think the email API service has ever had a technical downtime where it doesn't work in the many years we have used it. The API itself is very easy to use and use the least privileges. Integrating the API into your SEIM or reporting platform (Power Bi for example) is also really easy to do and gives verbose information.

Email reputation can be a concern in ensuring your emails are delivered externally unless you want to pay extra, otherwise, the lower tiers are fine and still have decent deliverability %'s, typically above 95%'s.

Bewertet am 31.8.2020

Great for easy bulk email sending

Sending emails without having to manually manage and handhold them through the process.

Easy to connect up and set up delivery of email, handles any bounces, spam reports, link tracking and continually trying to deliver. Allows set up of email authentication including SPF, DKIM and DMARC.

Sometimes things fail and can take a while to get to the bottom of, some of the reporting feels lack lustre and limited given the volume of emails we send. Support has at times been slow to get back to us, although they always do come back with answers.

Amazon SES

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SendGrid

Had used it previously for a large scale operation.
Roger
Roger
  • Branche: Informationsdienst

Bewertet am 19.12.2023

Excellent, reliable - I recommend; using for years pre-Twilio

Reliable, excellent delivery rates, clean API - I like 'em.

Have used for years including Pre-Twilio acquisition, and still good service.

No complaints here. Not sure what to write.

Mailgun

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SendGrid

We use both - for different reasons / types - both great products and no wrong answer.
Divaldo
Divaldo
  • Branche: Verbraucherdienste

Bewertet am 20.10.2023

Fantastic solution for transactional emails

SendGrid is one of the best solutions for me in the transactional email service because it's easy to start using, the free version is generous and the more affordable paid version isn't bad.

I stopped using it simply because I found another even simpler solution, with lower prices and excellent support. Other than that I would continue to use it.

Richard
Richard
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung

Bewertet am 14.9.2022

Not the best

I would have liked to continue with SendGrid since we spend time upfront in its implementation, but we simply could not continue once we came to the conclusion that it was simply not performing for us as well as other ESPs.

The pricing and implementation were easy enough but once we ran into some issues with email deliverability I felt like I had to school them on what to do.

It did not adapt to our needs, primarily deliverability.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SendGrid

I chose all of those options but went with SendGrid originally due to price, ease of implementation and positive email reviews.
Olivier JM
Olivier JM
  • Monatlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Bewertet am 26.4.2021

A good way to send and manage your emails via an API

The overall usage was really smooth and it is a product I would chose to use again If I am to integrate emails in any app.

Easy to integrate with different types of backend, I tried it in nodejs and ruby and it just worked. one of its nice feature is the email builder that allows you to drag and drop as you customize the reusable email templates, this boots productivity by much. I would highly recommend this to non coders as an easy implementation.

Most things are well documented but somethings are missing like receiving external emails via sendgrid webhooks wasn't clearly documented so we had to go around it.
another issue was not being able to properly filter all outgoing emails in sendgrid dashboard.

Mailgun

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SendGrid

Some of the administrators we have who were supposed to use sendgrid didn't have a coding background, having a clean email template builder with a graphical interface that you can easily drag and drop was a big factor.
Pius

Bewertet am 26.4.2022

SendGrid

Sendgrid handles all my mailing campaigns and I have stuck with it from day one to date. I like the email deliverability and tracking metrics offered by SendGrid and will stick with it for the foreseeable future as everything works smoothly.

It was very easy to integrate with my existing stack. SendGrid has really worked hard to make sure it's easy to use their software with other services out there. Most website builders by default ask you to integrate Sendgrid as your emailing service, and that was the case with my website builder. It was really easy for me to get started as all I had to do was add an API key in a provided input field. SendGrid did all the heavy lifting and I did not have to do any coding or even go through the API documentation(which by the way is very comprehensive ). You fill that that is the case in so many services that integrate with SendGrid, integration is light-work.

It is a little expensive, especially when sending a tonne of emails out and having a lot of contacts. Your email totals low-key add up when you have multiple drip campaigns and transactional emails set up. If you have a small budget it's really difficult to get measurable success on SendGrid as I found out when I just started while having a very low budget. The best way to get the best out of SendGrid is with a substantial budget, and that's a bummer when starting out.

Mailchimp und AWeber

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SendGrid

I choose Sendgrid because it was really easy to set up with my stack of Bubble and Zapier without any code of using the API documentation.
Oscar
Oscar

Bewertet am 20.5.2019

The best mail service provider for marketing and transactional emails.

I have been working with Sendgrid for more than 2 years and it really has been very helpful.

It's perfect when you need to send transactional mails, for example password recovery or notifications to users from your website. or custom marketing campaigns. You can implement on your App easily with his Full Documented API or via SMTP.

The free forever plan is perfect when you're starting a website or application and still do not have enough users. You can also easily upgrade your plan in order to get more emails monthly .

Recommended with closed eyes.

1. Have AB Testing enable.
2. Manage unsubscribe emails.
3. Easy to Integrate via API or SMTP.
4. Email Reputation indicator.
5.Full detailed report. You can see if the email it's blocked, bounced or delivered.
6. Have a Forever Free plan . (40.000 Emails in the trial period, then 100 Emails Daily forever)

Send grid interface it's a little bit confuse.

No more cons to highlight, for me it's a perfect tool.

Brevo und Mailjet

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SendGrid

His API have a good documentation and it's easy to implement. The free forever plan . The Price it's low in comparison with the competitors.
Suman

Bewertet am 11.2.2021

Using Heroku and SenGrid is Painful

The tool is good. But their initial configuration is so terrible I recently moved to SendInBlue. This tool used to be so good but trying to make it secure they just ruin it for devs. The customer supports is not really responsive. In past years they have grown so quickly they could not keep up their old qualities.

It has a really good transactional API and the dynamic template is nice and easy to use. Ruby gem for SendGrid is good as well.

The configuration part is terrible. When you add Sendgrid add-on through Heroku it gets blacklisted instantly. When you tried to a new account the signup process is terrible. They have added 2FA and sender authentication that is a good thing but that is a nightmare for a project with multiple devs and having multiple environments. They need to add features for developers.

Brevo

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SendGrid

I decide to choose SendInBlue over SendGrid because they have become terrible with their initial configuration.
Martin

Bewertet am 3.3.2020

API implementation is shaky and there are some 500s that you can't solve

After ending up on a 500 error from their server on a simple endpoint to create API keys on subusers, I made a support ticket. I had some answers at first and then the ticket stayed unanswered for 24 days, after which I went to Twitter to push them to answer me. They did answer me and told me to try using the API test tool to see if that would also produce the same 500. It did, it was now pretty clear that the error was on their side. 2 days later my ticket was simply deleted without any answer, I cannot see it in my list anymore. Despite asking them about it on Twitter again, nothing changed... I would strongly avoid Sendgrid if you're planning on using it for anything important.

If you use the most basic features of SendGrid, it will work and do what you need.

Don't use Subusers, ever! If you are a company who will need to rely on their subusers feature to provide services to your client, please don't, you're wasting your time and you're better off trying another provider that has the same type of functionality but that actually WORKS and is more simple. 500s left and right, endpoints that simply don't work, wrong documentation, ...

Campaign Monitor by Marigold und Mailchimp

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SendGrid

Because it looked more powerful, but that's the thing, it just seems more powerful but when you use it it's actually not. I'm switching to MailGun now.
Taha Burhan
Taha Burhan
  • Branche: Logistik & Lieferkette
  • Unternehmensgröße: 5’001–10’000 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 29.7.2022

SaaS Product Email Journey

We use Sendgrid for email automation of our saas product. We plan emails from Sendgrid that will facilitate the journey of our customers in many different scenarios. Since it is very easy to use, we can quickly create templates specific to our company. Also, the email delivery speed is very good and this is very important for us.

It's really easy to integrate quickly with just one API key. When I learned that it is also preferred by many large businesses, my confidence increased considerably.

• Branche: Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit

Bewertet am 25.7.2018

Sendgrid shines on mass mailing, but lacks some required features

Transactional email

Sendgrid is ready for your scale. From the smallest Saas apps to the largest enterprises, Sendgrid was built with scale in mind. It handles transactional emails very well, and is relatively simple to integrate into your codebase or product workflow. Templates come out of the box, but some coding knowledge is needed to style transactional emails. All templates can be easily versioned.

Concerns on security and blacklisting are limited. As long as you follow their recommendations, Sendgrid will deliver your email.

Pricing is very fair and generous. In years of use, I've never gone over a plan limit.

Functionality can be limited in interesting ways depending on your plan. On the most basic paid plans, several code features are just missing. Reporting is the most glaring issue, with basic reporting showing only a rolling group of recently sent emails. Without a deeper dive into your logs, you may miss issues.

Transactional emails also lack some features that seem required, like weblinks for email and easy native unsubscribe. There are workarounds for both, but not without challenges. Version tracking for templates is also completely missing, unless you use new versions for each edit you make.

Garret

Bewertet am 9.7.2020

Worst Customer Support (even for Pro Users)

Overall I would say I'm extremely disappointed with the customer support with SendGrid, especially as a paid Pro user. We have sent over 2M emails and an AI tool flagged our account which was then immediately shut-down without any contact from SendGrid to get more information or validate why it was shut-down. After multiple hours calling thru phone banks I was able to get someone live who couldn't help me at all and said they would reach out to compliance and call-back within 30 minutes.

It has been over 8 hours and I have reached out several more times with no follow-up or resolution to our account.

integration process with our product was fairly straight forward and on-going maintenance is low cost.

as a customer for more than 7 years I have been satisfied with the service. The platform, per the conversation with the customer support team, has seen a large rise in fraud and has begun banning clients regularly even when compliance hasn't completed a diligence process. This has resulted in a large amount of "false positive" cases.

When they ban your account, there is no notification. It just says you aren't authorized to access your account. Even if you are paying for Pro support you have no ability to access your account to call support. You have to submit a ticket and then wait 24 hours+ to get a call back.

Mohammad Iqbal
Mohammad Iqbal

Bewertet am 1.2.2021

Send Grid - Review

I am benefiting by using Send Grid for sending email alerts to the users of our applications via email for their preferred choices of information. The overall experience with Send Grid is great in technicalities and features however seeks improvement in response time by customer services.

A free plan is the most attractive thing they offer. Their free plan is for life long tenure. It is easy to integrate the Send Grid with almost any software. It offers a choice to integrate using their API or connect through SMTP. Their dashboard and reports are very detailed.

It seeks improvement in multiple areas like customer services, business intelligence and error messages. There user interface also confuses sometime.

Mauro
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Bewertet am 15.9.2020

Very simple

Send massive mail with this service is very simple

Maybe the price for thousands mail in a month is too expensive.

Bewertet am 6.10.2020

HORRIBLE customer support

I was a happy customer until July 2020, when suddenly my account was locked "for compliance reasons". I am not a spammer, I only used Sendgrid to relay email to my customers (who want all the email I relay to them). When I was locked, and then summarily terminated, I had no recourse. I provided lots of evidence that I was not a spammer, but the compliance team did not speak with me at all. Customer support took 25 DAYS to respond to my initial ticket, then cut me off 6 days later (no warnings, no recourse, just shut down).

What is worse is that my customers discovered that every email they had that had a link in it, had the link rewritten to be a Sendgrid redirect URL. And since they terminated my account, this meant that my customers could not click on those links any more, and their emails were being held hostage. I tried for 2 weeks to get in touch with them (trouble tickets, emails, and phone calls) and never got a reply to anything.

This is a TERRIBLE company to do business with.

It was easy to set up, and worked perfectly until it didn't; then, customer support was non-existent.

Customer support does not answer emails. Compliance team does not speak with me, I could not determine what I had done wrong. They simply left me in the lurch, and held my email hostage.

Shuhan

Bewertet am 26.2.2021

Unacceptable random errors for a utility product

Generally set and forget for the years that we've used them, but reliability has been a major problem recently -- see cons.

Ever since last September, we've had about a 1% error rate with Sendgrid due to random 406 errors. Based on what we've seen on the internet, we're not the only ones. As a utility integration that the rest of our software depends on, this is wholly unacceptable. Imagine your product, and imagine that 1% of emails your product sends just randomly fail.

Sadly, their support has no drive to actually solve the problem. We've been back and forth with their support for months now with no resolution. The last three interactions are about them asking about a different key in our request, one key at a time. This is the interaction after "escalation". At this point, we might get through describing a single API request by the end of the year.

Strongly recommend to just go with any other vendor that actually works. As a utility play, there is no way you can afford to spend time worrying about whether your email provider is reliable.

Bewertet am 12.6.2023

An excellent email marketing platform

The API is cost-effective due to its low operating expenses and lack of application development requirements. Even as a simple SMTP gateway, the API may execute a variety of tasks. These comprise distribution results and bounce information, which enable proper operation. The original enables MTA SaaS services. It is used to display messages from the service provider and to notify the public of impending announcements. It is difficult to function with an original nowadays since it could be utilized as a spam pass-through by hostile third parties. It can, however, operate safely if suitable security measures and patches are implemented on a regular basis. Using the SendGrid service liberates business owners from tasks over which they have no control.

An wonderful platform, particularly for novices. It provides free trial packages for life, 100 emails every day, and an SMTP feature that can be linked with a program. Emails can be recorded and Follow Up can be done, as well as accurate analyses through development. There are numerous benefits, and it is easy to create an HTML form to place on a landing page or your website to enroll individuals in a mailing list for a charge.

Haven't really thought about anything negative with this.

Bewertet am 9.6.2022

Best Transactional Email Service Out there

Extremely satisfied till now and have been using it for the past 4 years.

The uptime and delivery monitoring service is the best in class. No doubt large enterprises like Uber, Spotify, etc. use sendgrid for their email delivery. Additionally, its overall communication tools suite like Twilio SMS, Whatsapp business make it an all in one solution for all the communication related APIs

Probably needs a little elaborative developer documentation with respective to example code samples for a newbie.

Brevo und Mailchimp
Prashant
Prashant
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1’001–5’000 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 20.7.2019

Best ESP provider so far

Yes for product I liked, for team, not so much.

We used Sendgrid for our Email Marketing. I loved the technology, the cost was okay and easy to implement.
It also optimized to reach user inbox instead of spam.
It could also be integrated to CRM of your choice which team liked.

The support, I mean, if you are paying $100,000 an year, we expect a dedicated person, which was not available. Even the sales team felt like more to make sales than worry about use case or team.

724 Bewertungen