Microsoft SQL Server Erfahrungen

Gesamtbewertung
Bewertungen
Mehr Erfahren

Über Microsoft SQL Server

Microsoft SQL Server Business Intelligence Edition ist eine Datenbankmanagement- und BI-Softwarelösung (Business Intelligence) für Unternehmen jeder Größe. Das System bietet relationales Datenbankmanagement, mit dem Nutzer...

Nutzerbewertungen zu Microsoft SQL Server durchsuchen

1’950 von 1’950 Bewertungen
Rene
  • Branche: Chemikalien

Bewertet am 13.1.2024

Solides Produkt

Dadurch, dass der Server weit verbreitet ist und die Kompatibilität nahezu überall gegeben findet man diesen wohl in jeden Unternehmen.

Sehr solide, stabil und einfache Updates.

Echte Hochverfügbarkeit leider nur mit der teuren Enterprise Lizenz.

Luca
  • Branche: Computer-Hardware
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Bewertet am 29.8.2023

Mssql

Die simpel gespaltene Oberfläche, die gute Zugriffsrechte Verteilung

Die Installation, da diese im vergleich zu anderen Anbietern lange dauert

• Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 21.7.2021

The Only Enterprise Level DBMS I Use

We build enterprise level SAAS, Desktop, Web and Mobile applications and API's. I've been SQL Server for over a decade mainly as a DB Developer but at times as an administrator as well.

A mature DBMS with no limits. Anything we or our customers wanted has always been possible with SQL Server. First class security, speed, and connection capabilities have enabled us to create world class applications for desktop, mobile, and web.

The SQL Server community is huge which is critical for those new or rarely used features. I've been working in SQL Server for over a decade and still haven't touched many of the features available. Having a robust community makes learning any new feature quick and easy!

It's not a SQL Server thing per se... but Microsoft's support in general is weak at best. I've never really had a good experience using Microsoft support as it is slow and cumbersome and many times the reps don't communicate well. The huge community is what really what makes all Microsoft products manageable as most anything you want to learn or figure out is a quick browser search away.

Die besten Alternativen zu Microsoft SQL Server

Oracle Primavera Cloud

Microsoft Visual Studio

Fiach
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 30.12.2023

The best Database to use with Windows-Native applications

I've used SQL server since version 7, which is more than 20 years ago, and still use it every day (Although, not version 7!)

If you are using C# / .NET on a Windows server, then Microsoft SQL server is the natural choice. The free edition is fine to get started, and once you out grow it, you can afford the license fee (hopefully!)

It's very expensive, given that there are free alternatives like MySQL. CSV importing is a pain, when it doesn't need to be.

Bruno
Bruno
  • Branche: Programmentwicklung
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Bewertet am 20.7.2021

A Great Start To Database Management

Microsoft SQL Server software has many facets, more positive than negative. But it is undoubtedly one of the favorites of web developers and internet marketers.

Since it is ideal for database management and has warranty. On the other hand you can have many tools to optimize its operation, which you can equate to multiple useful guides provided by the same company.

Is quite secure, it guarantees the security of the databases, it is very easy to configure unlike other database management programs, the installation and configuration is easier. And it also has data recovery support.

Cost, there is a free version that can be used, however for more advanced data-driven applications and functions, you will need to make a considerable investment in higher versions of the software. Also, additional investments in Microsoft software may be necessary if your company uses some or no Microsoft infrastructure.

MariaDB

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Microsoft SQL Server

Actually, it was my teacher who suggested using this program to evaluate us.
Shubham

Bewertet am 13.2.2024

Best Relational Database with great data capabilities

It supports RDBMS, so it is easy to write SQL queries in SQL Server.
User Interface is very good and its easy to implement.
It can handle large amount of data.
You can mask the data if it contains sensitive or PII information.
By Implementing Disaster recovery, at any point in time we can recover the data.

Unlike Databricks SQL, SQL server does not provide data visualization functionality.
Data Extraction is show if the table contains large amount of data.

Carlos David
Carlos David
  • Unternehmensgröße: 5’001–10’000 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 29.8.2022

Microsoft RDBMS Solution

Whenever I need to rely on a robust DBMS for any of my platforms, provided that my clients have the financial muscle to support it, I always recommend going with SQL Server. So, in that sense, I can say that my overall experience is remarkable all over the years I have been deploying solutions backed up by this Database System.

Among the most interesting features of Microsoft SQL Server we can disclose the following:
Robust & Secure System
Easy to Deploy
Performance+
Integration with Public Cloud such as Microsoft Azure

As many of Microsoft Premium products, SQL Server license is really expensive.

Imi
Imi
  • Branche: Politische Organisation
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 21.11.2019

SQL is getting better as it grows older

SQL Server centralized my data and allows my staff to "believe" that they are working in Excel, It is super fast for loading data from the server, and allow large data set that will normally take hours, or even crash the Excel spreadsheet to load without any issue.
When I am ready for a web app.. SQL server is easy as piece to develop a simple CRUD application and push live.
It seem to connect to every thing - from MS Word Mail merge, MS Excel, MS Access and of course for development environment such as Visual Studios.
One Database ( Centralized) and many presentation modes for the end users. I love it!

MS SQL Server is certainly a competently relational database engine, with reporting service and now R.
Easy to install for small onpremise application.
Easy to administer, easy to backup, easy because it is a Microsoft application.
It is so easy that most of the application today I work on seem to be pulling data from SQL into Excel and or Power BI.
You can start from free version and expand as time goes by.
The management studio take the pain our of scripting, and the online support community most likely have your questions answered with T-SQL scripts for copy and pasting.
If you deciding on an option for an Relational Database system - you should look at this as your most productive option. It allows you to focus on the problem by making the technology easy.

The new the version, the more memory intensive this management studio will become.
Microsoft need to create some more easy to use tool for change control and change tracking.
Backward compatibility - if you used a higher version during development, then it become a pain to use a lower version during production environment.

Warum Microsoft SQL Server gewählt wurde

Ease of use, Easy to learn, easy to teach easy to integrate with well know tools.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Microsoft SQL Server

Cost and community of supporters, access to information on the open internet . Available of training.
Jonathan Alexander
Jonathan Alexander
  • Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen

Bewertet am 25.5.2022

A robust database engine with high information security standards.

At the moment we have no negative features to add to the product

How safe this database engine can be, its integration with other technological tools, say, programming languages, infrastructure, datawarehouse and more

A bit the price, since the enterprise license is a bit expensive

Warum Microsoft SQL Server gewählt wurde

We needed a more robust database engine due to the growth of the company and the processes that are currently being handled, plus the integrations with different platforms.

Giorgi
Giorgi
  • Branche: Bankwesen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 5’001–10’000 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 25.7.2019

A great database system for any purpose

We use SQL Server for a data warehouse project in a large bank. It stores thousands of tables and terabytes of data, so it's mandatory for DBMS to run smoothly. SQL server does its job extremely well.

SQL server is packed with features. It was a very fun job to implement it and using it is even better. Runs well, built-in tools are useful and plenty.

It takes up quite a bit of resources. Sometimes, tech support isn't very helpful. Otherwise, it's good.

Humberto
  • Branche: Import und Export

Bewertet am 6.12.2023

Successful data management and administration

A great tool for database administration and management, the ability to perform easy tasks in terms of backups, restores and replications makes it one of the great options for productive environments where you work.

Its ease and versatility in administration tasks, its great integration with bi and bigdata environments, as well as its stability in production environments.

The biggest disadvantage I see is that it is not as mature in its implementation in unix environments.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Microsoft SQL Server

Its integration with Microsoft applications was a determining factor at the time of choice.
Teresa
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 24.4.2024

Data extraction made easy

Overall, I enjoy using the app to find data that I need to test with or to confirm what is happening behind the scenes of another app. I look forward to learning more features that will help with testing.

I like that it lists available fields when writing queries to extract data.

I only use the app to look for data and to verify results. I haven't found any cons since I use it on a more basic level.

Quentin
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Bewertet am 7.10.2019

This sequel is better

Once SQL Server in Azure was selected, it proved to be a great experience. Security, performance and usability was ironed out for us already. We could focus on building our application rather than learning something new about cloud security or how to use a new type of database or database language variation. We have been pleased with the ability to research performance and include other features such as SSIS to accomplish our business requirements easily. Knowing that manual tasks are being completed automatically is a sigh of relief. We also will know immediately if there are any issues. We have had a great experience with SQL Server.

It is an industry standard that continues to improve to make the lives of developers easier. We are able to produce software solutions more efficiently because Microsoft continues to improve SQL Server. We rely heavily on this as critical to our business. Developers tell me how flexible SQL Server is also. SQL is more compatible with software packages than other competing databases.

Parts can be not intuitive unless you've been using it for awhile. It is a technical piece of software that requires time and training. If you need the Enterprise edition for specific features, it is expensive.

Chirag
  • Branche: Versicherung

Bewertet am 7.4.2021

Rock solid, reliable and efficient database

We have enjoyed using SQL Server for various OLTP and data warehousing workloads. It is a workhorse. Its performance is fantastic. Tooling surrounding it is great. We have not encountered a single issue with it. We also have a great local meetup where we discuss the constant improvements SQL Server brings each year.

We love SQL Server's versatility. Every single application we purchase for insurance has support for SQL Server. We have not come across any situation where SQL Server didn't meet our needs.

License models are a bit confusing. Some years Microsoft make it easy to understand. Other years Microsoft makes it even more confusing. Can we run SQL Server in our data centers? Can we run it on the cloud? Do we need to change licensing to run in the cloud? Those questions sound easy to answer but the answers we get from Microsoft or resellers confuse us more. It just seems like the confusion is intentional.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Microsoft SQL Server

The cost and feature/functionality of SQL Server was a great fit for company our size compared to Oracle. We also use MySQL and PostgreSQL for various workloads, SQL Server being the workhorse for majority of OLTP workload.
juan jose
  • Branche: Luft- & Raumfahrt

Bewertet am 17.11.2022

Microsoft SQL Server for Business

I have 5 years working with Microsoft SQL Server, I have adapted well, I like the functionality it has, the practical way in which you can perform queries, scheduled tasks for my daily and weekly backups are excellent, accompanied by the crystal report, works great, I tried to try other database managers like ORACLE, but I think it is better Microsoft SQL server, to this day, I prefer to work with it.

Personally, I like that the application is easy to use, obviously if you already have time using it and you are familiar with the concepts and terms used, the tools to create backups or schedule tasks to run on specific dates and times is quite good, the price is affordable not too expensive unlike oracle.

to install it is a bit time consuming, since you have to configure it on the fly, it does not bring any preconfigured default settings, this takes a little time to the user, to migrate to other operating systems other than windows, you have to make other extra configurations.

Paolo
  • Branche: Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung

Bewertet am 25.5.2022

The quintessential database server

From the administrative point of view, database management is certainly more efficient than in the past, I must say that in some cases we have been able to solve particular data extractions that without the use of the T-SQL language we would not have been able.

Microsoft has always tried over the years to improve its flagship product, achieving good stability and robustness. For administrators, the management interface is particularly useful and easy to use.
SQL Server has allowed us to manage several databases at the same time from our applications without problems giving the possibility to colleagues to have, for example, always updated sales data.

Unfortunately I must also report the defects and in this case in my opinion the interface for administrators has become too slow in terms of starting in the latest versions.
Sometimes product updates do not install correctly, even if this rarely happens it can create a general disservice almost always in time of need.

Bewertet am 29.12.2020

A leading and innovative data solution

My personal experience has been very positive once I was able to dive into the product dashboard, look into online training and guides that helped provide a lot of great insight into how to we get the most out of the platform and learn about the latest releases and features to help us keep up to speed on the latest capabilities available to use and try out.

The ability to visualize data, connect data from different sources and track activity and data usage/storage has allowed our organization to be successful in how we meet our objectives from a technical, data delivery and performance optimization standpoint.

There were times early on in the deployment and on-boarding process where it was difficult to get quality technical support, which created a few small hiccups early on, but eventually was cleared up once we connected with our solutions engineer who connected us with the right resources and training materials.

• Branche: Tiefbau

Bewertet am 28.4.2022

SQL Server | The Gold Standard

Overall, I have had an excellent experience with SQL Server. It is cost-effective, provides a great deal of functionality, and is a great piece of software for database management.

In my current role as an Application Manager, it is vital to have a means of benchmarking and assessing application performance. The tools within SQL Server, particularly Activity Monitor, make it very easy to determine when performance bottlenecks arise.

I believe the default alerting functionality could be improved. For example, I believe it would make more sense to alert the user to any failed SQL Agent jobs when launching SSMS. Currently, either alerts need to be set up individually or the user would need to view the job history.

Oracle Cloud HCM

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Microsoft SQL Server

Cost was the main deciding factor, but we also had/have more SQL Server experience in-house when compared to Oracle.
  • Branche: Software für die Automobilindustrie

Bewertet am 17.10.2019

Relational Database Management System

Overall had a great experience as the name suggests that "Microsoft SQL Server" the first word of the product defines it all and have a huge impact on its sale and purchase.

As a Microsoft SQL Server administrator , i like the community and the support that Microsoft community provides as it has a very powerful knowledge base if i stuck in some problem i just google it and the problem has been resolved in minutes.

Microsoft should increase the performance of few of its products as it is very slow as compared to Oracle and DB2 . And should consider on Monitoring of the databases as database administrator primary objective is to monitor the instances continuously.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Microsoft SQL Server

As we have a committed microsoft partner and we are in an Enterprise agreement with Microsoft so it is easier for us to explore the all new world of Microsoft.
Atir

Bewertet am 13.7.2020

Top level Database Management

With 10+ years of experience in development and management, I have overcome all the problems and resolved many issues with the help of this product and customer support.

With Rational Databases, SQL Server is at best and top-notch. I am a developer and using this product for more than 10 years. with continuous updates, enhancements, and new features it is getting better and better. Mostly likely SQL Server Management Studio is the best and easy way to manage multiple SQL Servers. Microsoft Customer Service is always great and helpful when needed. Definitely the most Secure system available.

Sometimes migration from the lower version or other databases is challenging. Cost-wise is also very expensive.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Microsoft SQL Server

Mostly because of my overall experience with SQL Server and Security.
  • Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen

Bewertet am 20.12.2018

SQL Server 2016 - Features Review

Overall experience with SQL server 2016 is very nice and excited in my perceptions due to Better support for memory optimzed tables, Built in JSON support, Stretch DB concepts, Query Store and dynamic temp db according to size and presence of CPU in the databases.

In our project we have been migrated from Microsoft SQL Server 2008 to SQL server 2016 directly for all our databases & SSIS packages. There are many features that was available to use for the projects and some of those are:

1. Data was always encrypted, so less vulnerable to SQL injections and useful to take a backup when database is in motion. Prior version (Before SQL server 2016) support only when databases is in Rest.
2. Data/Software Migration is very useful from prior version without any issues or taking any time. It took only set of testing activities and 2 hours of trun around time to get it upgraded.
3. Very simillar like XML TSQL clause created in SQL 2005, in SQL 2016 JSON clause T-SQL has been created for JSON output from querying database objects.
4. In prior versions we have to wait for long running query to capture, however in SQL server 2016 ability to view the execution plan as the query is active on the system.
5. Strecth Database is a new concept that has been created and stored in Azure. However in the background it is shown as single databases for user views.

Only I know very least number of disadvantages this MS SQL server 2016 is having:

1. Enterprise pricing may be costly as some of the organisation cant afford for the count of data they are having.
2 With the performance tuning, Microsoft SQL Server will be having some gobble resources.

Germo
Germo
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Bewertet am 21.2.2022

my every day tool which I use, since it exists

I use SQL Server since it was obtained by Microsoft. I am specialized on it and I work only in projects where it is used as core technologie. I am a very experienced architect and developer, based on SQL Server And Microsoft BI.

It is easy to install. There is also a free Express Edition / Localdb, which has most features of the paid Version. The developer Edition has all Features of the Enterprise Edition. It is very easy to install even several instances on any system. I can solve nearly all tasks, I feel very confident. The documentation is great and it is easy to find answers to questions. It is just my every day tool.

If there are some heavy queries then the whole instance gets down, often even other instances on the same system. I don't understand why it is not possible to limit the effect.
Many features which I would like to use are only available in the enterprise edition. But this edition cost much more than standard and I am forced to use only features of the standard edition.
Often I am forced to use quite old version, for example 2016, but the current version is 2019. Again the reason is the price. Customers would need to spent more money for the latest version, therfore they force me to develop based on old versions.

Jerry

Bewertet am 2.7.2018

Ridiculously powerful and full of features we do not make use of. We love it, and cannot do...

This software practically runs our facility. Without it, we couldn't keep track of our animals or our people (staff, members, donors). To us, this software is well worth the costs involved.

SQL Server is just so incredibly powerful, most users probably do not know how much it can do, or how much it can handle. In our type of organization, we deal with people and animals. We rely on donors and members for funding, we track everything about our animals from health issues, to medications, to physical exercise. Every one of our systems relies on, as the backbone, SQL Server. This software is powerful, versatile, and reliable. With pretty much every department of ours needing some type of database, standardizing to SQL Server was just the best move. It can handle it all. It can track it all. And it can report on it all for us. To date, we use it for: our Accounting software, our donor tracking, our membership tracking, our animal tracking (includes tracking from what zoo or aquarium animals came, their medical history, their exercise history, their diet, their location in our facility, their trainers, their behavioral issues/environmental factors), our vet's digital imaging systems, our guest services scheduling, our security systems (surveillance, door locks), our water quality and hvac sysytems logging and controls, our point of sale system (for admissions and food court and ecommerce), and our facility management software (maintenance and IT requests). This system does indeed handle everything we need it to.

You need a lot of training to make the most of it. Or it could cost you a lot if you have to pay a developer to help you get the most out of your systems. Luckily a couple of us are really into databases, and we both have a lot of experience with SQL, we can do most things in-house. But still the amount of training we go through to keep current, or to keep learning is probably the biggest "problem" with this software. Most software packages, you can buy, setup, receive a few hours or a few days of training, and you'll be good to go. With SQL, if you intend to use it, to get the most of out it, you will need more extensive training, or to hire people to put in the work. It's not cheap. But it can help you accomplish so much if you put in the time.

Gábor
  • Branche: Software für die Automobilindustrie

Bewertet am 25.10.2022

My past with MS SQL

I met firstly with MS SQL in the uni. The in one of my workplaces I became an admin of it, so as a "user".Its two sides-role widely different. Writing queries, retrieving data, manipulating the results (not the stored data) is a cool option. Easier, faster, more known then Oracle's PL/SQL I would say. The option it gives you are enormous, and how many things uses a DB nowadays are surprising. Knowing and being able to manage a DB, will be an asset in the future. Speed depends on your codes and on your machine. The memory is the enemy of the DBs, so as for MS SQL. Maybe other, non-relational DBs have better results, but on specific tasks. MS SQL is being better, has a lot of devs. behind its back and MS itself, you definitely worth considering it having as a primary database. 3rd party extensions can be used, that can take your productivity to the next level, like APEX.Having a free version up to 10 gigs per database, you would not believe how many company based its business on this "advantage".

Can be integrated with a lot of MS and 3rd party tools.The query window is well formed.The speed of the DB is excellent, but bases heavily on your custom codes.Reports, ad-hoc table, integrations with other reporting tools, intranet websites are great.

Less training options available comparing it to other MS tools.Intergration, access management can be difficult.Sometimes not easy to track changes in your codes, mostly in big databases.Installation could be easier.It not recommended, but for IT personnel with solid knowledge.

Scott S.
Scott S.
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement

Bewertet am 1.8.2018

Solid relational database ecosystem with useful accessories

The ability to solve data problems and syndicate actionable information to the right audiences in a timely manner.

I have been using Microsoft SQL Server for about 20 years and have watched the product evolve into a very mature and vibrant offering. SQL Server gives me the flexibility and performance needed for many different relational database solutions ranging from application OLTP databases to enterprise level business intelligence implementations. With my main focus being business intelligence, I have been very impressed with the SQL Server 2016 releases and improvements. It seems the Microsoft is very dedicated to this BI ecosystem and they seem committed to continuity in the products. Some of my favorite things to note are the new SSRS portal interface in 2016, the ColumnStore indexing in Enterprise versions, SSAS tabular models, and the ease of use with Power BI. Overall, I feel extremely confident in this product in terms of its use to solve almost any problem related to data. I find most things very easy to use and due to the wide use of this product, figuring out the more complex issues is not difficult thanks to Google.

I sometimes don't appreciate the complexities related to transnational logging and the time it takes to roll back large transactions. Purely a performance and optimization issue, but the ambiguities in terms of when a task like this will complete can be frustrating.

1’950 Bewertungen