Blackboard Learn Erfahrungen

Gesamtbewertung
Bewertungen
Mehr Erfahren

Über Blackboard Learn

Blackboard Learn ist ein interaktives LMS (Learning Management System), das sich für Hochschulen, den primären und sekundären Bildungsbereich, Regierungs- und Militärprogramme sowie große Unternehmen in einer Vielzahl von...

3.9

Nutzerbewertungen zu Blackboard Learn durchsuchen

509 von 509 Bewertungen
Eduardo
Eduardo
  • Branche: Erneuerbare Energien & Umwelt

Bewertet am 7.9.2022

Blackboard, learn in a complex fashion

If you compare this to operating systems, blackboard provides a more linux/windows experience. The platform is robust and complex with a lot to offer, but this pro at the same time makes it a downside since it is not user friendly compared to other market competitors. As a student who used it for 3+ years. I understand and appreciate what the platform provides but I prefer simplicity over complexity.

The big scale design of the platform is ideal to have all your academic needs in one. Access to a combine calendar allowing for easy visualization of homeworks, projects and tasks. Easy view of currents classes and course materials. With the years of experience this platform is reliable and complete.

Even though the complexity is robust, sometimes it can be overwhelming for students and ease of access across the platform is not the best compared to other market competitors.

Tanay
  • Branche: Unterhaltungselektronik
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Bewertet am 30.7.2021

Wow..an excellent online Learning platform

Pandemic-related problems with submitting assignments and accessing information for my online and face-to-face classes. It has become increasingly apparent to me as I progress through graduate school that this site will be useful not only for my coursework, but also for group presentations and collaboration with other students.

My assignments and materials are organized in one place. As of the most recent update, it is now much easier to use than it used to be. Assigning assignments and adding details to classes has never been simpler. Now, it's much easier to use than it was before. The process of giving students feedback and organizing my responses is simple. It's also how I communicate with them. As a result, it's easy to refer back to them and remember what I said.

I also like that Blackboard integrates well with other apps. When it comes to presentations, I rely heavily on VoiceThread and Panopto. GoReact and Top Hat are also on my to-do list.

An update to the mobile app is still in order. There is a lot of work to be done on this project. On the web, the user experience was much better.

Moodle

Warum Blackboard Learn gewählt wurde

I've used Moodle and Canvas, and I believe Blackboard Learn is more user-friendly and easier to use. The saying "you get what you pay for" applies to Blackboard.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Blackboard Learn

Student logistical challenges were addressed and resources were provided by Blackboard. It simplifies managing and improving communication with students and teachers. The whiteboard allows you to attach Microsoft Outlook, and anyone in the class can send an e-mail to the class.

Bewertet am 23.3.2016

a Long Term User's Honest Experience

Quick background, was in high tech sales and marketing for many years prior to teaching and heavily involved with custom Computer Graphics systems since Time Arts Lumena was around (predecessor to Photoshop). Check out my LinkedIn profile for more details.

On to the product review -- I've been using Blackboard for *many* years, and have been teaching (and doing) Web Design and Development since 1993. I'm retiring shortly, so I can be absolutely frank and honest about my experience with this app without fear of upsetting IT folks or admins that I would have to work with in the future.

Truthfully, the ONLY reason I use this app is because I have no alternative at the College where I teach and it gives the students easy access to information, but so would any LMS (Learning Management System).

The UIX (User Interface Experience) is incredibly archaic and counter-intuitive. It's also painfully slow to use, as it does constant server requests (just paste the URL for a Blackboard connection into http://www.webpagetest.org/ for testing).

Sometimes one single click every 15 seconds is all the system will react to when I'm using the grade book, etc. -- in the "real" world, without captive users, no one would ever return to a site with those response times. To be fair to Blackboard, part of that may (or may not) be our schools network or Blackboard interface setup.

As far as usability, Blackboard needs to let the User Interface and UIX designers (if they even had any) direct the techs and coders. It's *very* obvious that it's been the reverse, . They should 'steal' some Apple UIX people and give them some *real* power to direct how the app works and what it looks like.

I've just finished using Blackboard for 3 hours+ doing things that should have taken 1 hour or less had the interface been optimized and more thought out. For example, under the 'Assignments' and 'Course Documents' sections there is no easy way to reorder or batch select using something basic like check boxes or a multi-select hot keys.

Also, any NEW assignment or document post goes to the BOTTOM (the absolute reverse of a Blog post) So I need to drag it back to the top (where it logically should go). However, even that is awkward, since when I drag to the top of the browser the window does not auto-scroll. I have to hold the left mouse button at the same time as I use my middle finger to roll the mouse wheel -- duh!!.

There IS a small text window pop-up accessed via an archaic icon to reorder posts, however, that shows only 5 assignment titles at a time (no window resize function to show more than 5). I can reorder them there, but need to do a single mouse click each time it moves up one position, but again, with no way to see more than 5 and no way to multi-select. So, if I have 50 course documents and want to shift 5 new documents to the top (where they belong) that's almost 250 mouse clicks to re-position 5 documents to where they should be in the first place - duh!!

In Gradebook it only shows 10 students listed by default. I can change the setting up to 50 but the next time I go back it's back or need to refresh something -- it's back to 10. It doesn't save defaults or give me a choice. This may seem to be nit-picking, but over the period of a 14 week semester that's a lot of wasted time time and clicks.

I'm going to end my review here as I have more work to do, but when I saw a 4 star review for this LMS being the solo review I had to balance it out. Bottom line is, the concept is good -- many, many modules/tools in a LMS bundled package but the execution is absolutely awful.

Just Google search 'Blackboard sucks' or 'I hate Blackboard' if you want real faculty and user opinions sans any marketing spin. Other telltale signs are when a company start to lose long-term clients. Ryerson University in Toronto just did a switch from Blackboard after "a multi-year consultation process". More on that process is here http://lms.blog.ryerson.ca/

Hopefully that last paragraph doesn't get censored, because that's the source of raw truth.

1. it's an LMS and something is better than nothing.
2. It's full of examples I can show my students on how not to do UI and UIX
3. Well established company is behind it
4. Modular front-end
5. Many bells and whistles

1. Counter intuitive, clunky, awkard UI (User Interface) - improve it by hiring UI/UIX experts and giving them actual control over the app interface and functions.
2. Slow (even when on the same network node or high speed cable connection) - needs a code rewrite/optimization.
3. Ancient aesthetics (although some design elements are now "flat design-ish") - hire UI and UIX designers and actually allow them to direct the final interface.
4. Many glitches (I've a folder full of screen-shots, if you want proof) - again a code rewrite needed, or ideally a complete start-over with newer code philosophies and methods.

Die besten Alternativen zu Blackboard Learn

• Branche: Schreiben & Editieren

Bewertet am 17.11.2023

Blackboard Learn is a Good Tool for Students

Blackboard Learn is one of the easiest platforms for college students to navigate. I like that I can talk to my professors in real - time.

There was nothing I didn't like about it.

Eugenio

Bewertet am 15.12.2020

How a big platform loose the ranking

The mobolebapp is not functional, there is no gamification nor maestries.

I like the advertisements they did in the past, everyone knew how expensive and famous it was.

They did not innovate, they both a lot of little competitors and lately they are selling them because that strategy has lost again more innovative platforms and cheaper.

CANVAS, Moodle und Brightspace

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Blackboard Learn

We had it for long time because most important universities had it but we had to stop using it, the support was getting bad, no innovation and other platforms were cheaper enough to pay the migration process.
Amanda
  • Branche: Strafverfolgung
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 17.8.2022

Blackboard Review

I found the software easy to use and it was beneficial to providing higher education to those in the workplace and those who attend NU.

I prefer Blackboard Learn over other software that I have used in the past and recent events. The simplicity of the system ensures that it is easy to use for all generations, teacher and student, and all of those in between.

Right now, I do not think there is anything I would change.

Warum Blackboard Learn gewählt wurde

Ability for users to understand the program.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Blackboard Learn

How easy Blackboard learn was to use compared to other softwares.
  • Branche: Unternehmensberatung

Bewertet am 7.10.2022

Perfect and always saves time

The softwares capacity to synchronize contacts and users information.

Near to perfect but it has little hitch when it comes to support.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Blackboard Learn

Canvas tend to favour learning institutions only.
Rafael
Rafael

Bewertet am 13.7.2021

One of the best e-learning softwares for (higher) education

My overall experience with Blackboard Learn is amazing, since it is a platform that has all the features (and beyond) I need for higher education (as a student).
The communication and course management are just spot on.
I feel this software has a great potential and amazing capabilities and it is definitely my favorite e-learning platform. I could easily recommend it to any higher education student/teacher.

What I like the most about Blackboard Learn is the amazing and complete features it offers to its users.
I use this software for higher education (as a student) and it is very complete and reliable. I can track all my courses, appointments, works, grades, files and many more in the same place, which is perfect for me.
I also like the fact I can communicate with my teachers within this platform and the possibility to activate the email notifications for every course is a great add-up for this software.

What I like the least about this software is the User Interface (UI), as I consider the navigability could be better and the features could yet be more accessible and easier to use.
Other than that, I don't have any other "complaints" about Blackboard Learn.
I may mention that in the beginning of the pandemic, with the introduction of online classes, this software was a life-saver and my institution needed to contact the support team, who was very responsive and agile to solve all the issues at that time.

Teddy

Bewertet am 20.6.2023

Decent Tool for Teaching Remote Classes

Using this service has made me realize that there are more services that offer lower prices. After a year of using this product, I wouldn't recommend this product and will continue to utilize another service in the future.

Blackboard Learn allows me to track the progress of the students. If one of my students is falling behind on an assignment, it notifies me then I would contact the student about their missing assignment. These are the features that I like the most about Blackboard Learn.

Blackboard Learn does not handle large file sizes well. There was an incident where a student of mine couldn't hand in an assignment due to their file size being too big. Following that event, the student had to send me their assignment via email. Blackboard Learn should increase its file size limit in order to prevent this from happening again.

Maneeha
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 15.5.2023

Blackboard learn

Useful as a student to have assessments and feedback from multiple courses in one place

Easy to use and have multiple modules from different courses all accessible in one place which helps me stay organised

Could be better if the interface was more intuitive or there were more demonstrations on how to use it as a student

Debbie
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness

Bewertet am 2.2.2023

Blacboard Learn from a Person who is not techie

Improving student engagement and outcomes Streamlining course management Enhancing collaboration and communicationImproving reporting and analyticsI could elaborate but theres not enough room hereBenefitsUser-friendly interface, Blackboard Learn has a user-friendly interface that makes it easy for teachers and students to use.Customizable content The platform allows teachers to create and upload their own course content, including multimedia materials, assignments, and assessments , Real-time feedback,Blackboard Learn provides real-time feedback to students, which can help improve their learning outcomes. Analytics, Integration, Improved student engagement and outcomes

User-friendly interface: Blackboard Learn has a user-friendly interface that makes it easy for teachers and students to use.Customizable content: The platform allows teachers to create and upload their own course content, including multimedia materials, assignments, and assessments.Real-time feedback: Blackboard Learn provides real-time feedback to students, which can help improve their learning outcomes.Analytics: The platform provides detailed analytics and reporting capabilities, allowing teachers to monitor student progress and make data-driven decisions to improve their teaching.Integration: Blackboard Learn integrates with other tools and platforms, such as Google Drive, Microsoft Office 365, and more, making it easy to share and access course materials.

Cost: Blackboard Learn can be expensive for schools, especially when compared to other learning management systems.Technical issues: Some users have reported technical issues with Blackboard Learn, such as slow performance and system crashes.Limited customization options: While the platform allows for some customization, some users have reported that it is limited compared to other learning management systems.

Steven
  • Branche: Medizinische Geräte

Bewertet am 15.9.2023

How Blackboard Contributed to My College Success

Blackboard Learn is an invaluable tool for universities across the country. It removes much of the unneeded paperwork via online assignments that automatically grade themselves (which is also wonderful on the student side, receiving immediate feedback). My college experience was improved by having Blackboard in it, as I had been to schools with inferior software that was more frustrating to utilize.

Blackboard is an easy to use learning management system that eases the stress of juggling college courses for the student and professor both. Blackboard is easy to format, and very conducive to discussion between professors and students via the discussion board or the other tools provided.

When I was a college freshman, it was one of the first years my university used Blackboard. This caused a slight learning curve between the professors as they used the website the first year, which they asked for patience for. This is understandable, however, and in my sophomore-senior year the professors had a firm grasp of the program and it was not an issue.

Juliette

Bewertet am 29.8.2021

A Good Software but Needs Updating

Blackboard Learn is a good software, but it needs some updating to look more current. If it looked more current, customers could take advantage of all the functions of this software. I used it in a very basic way simply because I did not like the look of the interface.

This software allowed me to view my assignments for college and check my grades as well. Instructors used Blackboard to post important announcements and assignments. Overall, the software was easy to navigate and easy to understand. I liked the "Announcements" board of this software as it allowed professors to post important messages that could be found in a single place. The "Alert" feature was also very useful when there was a grade or assignment update.

Blackboard has many features, but I was not able to take full advantage of them because of how the platform itself looked. The Blackboard platform, especially the black bar on the left hand side, was always confusing and the site itself looked pretty old. When my university actually switched over to Canvas, students missed the layout of Blackboard, but not the actual software, which looked like it was several years old. If the actual interface looked better, I think it would be easier to navigate.

Bret

Bewertet am 24.5.2022

After over 6 years with BlackBoard, you get used to it

Overall, it gets the job done. Although I have heard that most people like Canvas better.

I like that I can create quizzes, embed media, create a gradebook, select the language, etc.

BlackBoard learn can be limited in many ways. For example, you are very limited with modifying the look of the course sites. Also, with assessments, you can give partial credit is a students gets the answer partially correct on a fill-in-the-blank assessment. I also don't like how it organizes the grades the students can see.

Gabriela
Gabriela
  • Branche: Lebensmittelproduktion

Bewertet am 19.5.2020

Blackboard LMS for Business Review

My overall experience with Blackboard LMS Business is always amazing! It has helped and improved my grade so much because it lets me know ahead of time when assignments are due, which has helped be more organized as well. I love this software so much and I suggest everyone to use this!

A feature that I love the most about this software is it allows teachers to upload assignments online to eliminate the use of paper. This software is such an easy to use software and really simple to change any settings for the liking of your choice. What I also love about this is that it is a good platform to take tests and quizzes, which is super amazing because it is not confusing at all. I absolutely love this and it has helped be more organized!

A feature that I would like to see in the future is the mobile app, it could use a little improvement and it is a bit slow, but the desktop version is amazing so it does not really bother me because I usually check and do everything through my desktop. I still absolutely love this software.

Albert
  • Branche: Computer-Software

Bewertet am 6.2.2018

Abomination is an Understatement

I had the opportunity to go to school online, or check assignments on a web-based platform. I liked that. But other than that, I cannot say a single good thing about it.

It is web-based. Some modules can be dragged and dropped. It has a lot of useless features I don't ever need or use, while missing ones that I do need.

Let's be real. Blackboard never heard of "less is more." They could learn a lesson from likes of Uber.

Here's what students need:

1. Educational content

2. Tasks with Due Dates and eventually grades

3. Chat (Group and Private)

4. Notifications

If a millennial designed Blackboard, the entire application could fit into a 3 page app, simple enough for a retard.

They went out of their way to make it complicated, so it would seem better on paper. They've put so many bells and whistles that it is an absolute nightmare for both students and professors alike. Confuses everyone and is a bottleneck in our educational system we should be doing without.

Abigail
  • Branche: Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen

Bewertet am 30.3.2022

Fine product, needs updating

Blackboard Learn helps students stay organized during the semester or course they are taking by having all the documents, videos, etc. that the teacher would like to share with them all in one place. But, Blackboard Learn is becoming very outdated and could use some serious UI updates, especially when compared to Canvas.

It's nice to have all the assignments, documents, and grades in one place. This helps to avoid professors handing out tons of papers or sending emails all the time. The mobile app sends push notifications about grades or upcoming assignment deadlines which is nice.

I have noticed some glitches using Blackboard (didn't get notifications, etc). The UI on the computer is outdated and counterintuitive in some ways for both students and instructors. The online service is completely different from the app version which can also be a problem. The online UI needs to be updated to look more like the app.

Katie
  • Branche: Einzel- & Familiendienstleistungen

Bewertet am 27.9.2023

Blackboard learn- a need for updates

Easy to create tests and assessments and grading them. Things were laid out and easy to find.

Looks old and outdated. Needs to be cleaner and conscise.

Juliano Carlos

Bewertet am 7.6.2019

Great and Powerful LMS - Blackboard.

The way we can review the documents; The better way to report plans localized to the group. I can gauge what matters more simple and directely. I like all the information, the trend is in one space, graphed automatically and an easy way of collaboration and track deliverables.

We don't have any major issues using Blackboard. It is a really good service for us!

Moodle
Delaney
  • Branche: Rechtsberatung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 4.11.2021

Complicated but Helpful

The layout is more complex, and has a great many details missing from other platforms, but it is less streamlined for it. Helpful once you know what you are doing.

This software has little details on the student side that is missing from other learning platforms, like specialized involvement for presenting or using collaborative videos/meetings. It gives the students more freedoms and ways to ask questions without leaving the teacher unable to see or change needed items.

It was difficult to learn once you open the program, and there is not a tutorial or walkthrough for the overall site. You have to explore on your own, and it can be tough.

Bewertet am 6.4.2021

Blackboard

This is our LMS system and we are in general very happy with it.

I have found it easy to use and easy to get used to. I like the value that it brings to the educational experience.

It's not the most modern product. That being said all the tools exist once you get used to it and find them.

Rachel

Bewertet am 14.10.2023

An effective tool, worth the cost

Blackboard is a well-created product that is easy to navigate for both administrators and students. It was intuitive to follow the flow a path to find content needed at a given time. There was no confusion to find lecture notes, grades, or messages from an administrator. I have used multiple learning management systems, and BBL is my favorite

Blackboard was more costly than other competitors, so our organization had to transition tools because of this.

Diana Grace

Bewertet am 5.11.2022

The best LMS under new normal education

Using Blackboard use our official LMS is really convenient to both faculty and students. We can easily track our students' process and students can track all the modules and learning materials upload in it. Assessment can be access anytime, with proper setting and there's a lot of feature.

What I like most about blackboard is the item analyzer which help us educator to secure that test and assessment given to students are align with intended learning outcome an. I also like the respondus that secure honest and credible exams.

There is also no enough storage. Every upload of documents or videos occupy a huge amount of BB storage, thus we need to procure additional storage.

Simon
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Bewertet am 19.8.2020

Hard to use software that is also very expensive!

Okay.

Blackboard LMS is great for schools as well as faculty in organizing their class materials although it can be a bit confusing for your average user.

Price and the fact it was hard to implement.

FACTS

FACTS

Use in schools.
Krista
  • Branche: E-Learning

Bewertet am 11.12.2019

Blackboard is better than nothing

Personally, I do not like Blackboard Learn, but it does serve its purpose. I have had dozens of students who have been able to complete courses despite their frustration and earn credits towards their high school diploma.

Blackboard Learn enables teachers to create online courses, which allows students in remote locations to earn credits and complete a high school diploma.

Blackboard Learn is a frustrating platform to use. Every page, image, module is saved into a new "Blackboard" format, which is not compatible with anything else. In fact, often it changes text to image so that they only way to edit the text is to either start from scratch or go into the coding itself.

509 Bewertungen