Schoology Erfahrungen

Gesamtbewertung
Bewertungen
Mehr Erfahren

Über Schoology

Schoology ist eine cloudbasierte Lernmanagementlösung, die sich auf Lehrplanmanagement, Kursanweisungen und systemweite Ressourcenfreigabe und Kollaboration spezialisiert. Nutzer können Kursinhalte und -zuweisungen in die...

4.2
4.2

Nutzerbewertungen zu Schoology durchsuchen

469 von 469 Bewertungen
Nick
Nick

Bewertet am 17.12.2018

Number 1 LMS on the Market

Overall, I can't imagine my experience both teaching using Schoology and leading professional development for teachers without Schoology. It has afforded me an opportunity to totally revamp my district's PD to something more teacher centered, self paced, and differentiated, by putting together an online database of modules tailored to our specific district needs.

This is hands-down my go-to LMS for education. Having used a variety of LMS programs out there, and having come from some such as Google Classroom, and 3DGameLab, Schoology is top notch. Constantly being updated, Schoology helps transition the focus from the teacher to the student. The best features are Schoology's ability to integrate with other tools, as teachers can embed edtech tools such as Padlet, Polleverywhere, Thinglink, etc into a Schoology assignment using their LTI integration. As they continue to partner with other edtech companies, some of these then become options within their platform. I have used their integrated Conferences, Lock Down Browser, and more. The ability to transition ownership to the students, monitor their work while letting them work at their own pace is truly remarkable and a game-changer in education.

There are some things I wish were available such as the ability to share an entire folder of contents with an individual student, or to set separate completion rules/dates for assignments within a folder. Not sure why these aren't options. I also think a way to automatically award badges upon completion would really help teachers cut down on time awarding them.

Amy

Bewertet am 3.8.2021

Excellent LMS with a variety of features

I love Schoology. The few times I needed support, the individuals I spoke with were amazing. The features and ease of Schoology outshines other Learning Management Systems on the market. Other than the couple of quirks I mentioned above, this is a product good for a wide range of ages and courses.

I have been using Schoology for approximately five years now and I find it to be the easiest LMS with the most features of all the other ones I’ve tried. It is so easy to organize in whatever way is most convenient for you and your course. It supports video uploads from multiple different kinds of sources whether be YouTube or Loom or Edpuzzle. Students love the use of badges where teachers can send “gold star” encouragement to students like “most improved” or other distinctions. Students can easily email their teachers through Schoology. Course updates allow for whole class communication. The pro list goes on and on.

The biggest con I have experienced occasionally rears its head when I try to sync Schoology to PowerSchool. I find that some assignments will not sync. Even after I go through all of the usual troubleshooting details such as having a due date or the assignment title being too long, nothing will get it to sync. This is not a huge problem maybe one assignment and 50. What is frustrating, is that when you go into the sync page the error listed doesn’t tell you what to look for us just simply says “failed the sync.

Another frustration I have is when I want to unpublished material to students In Schoology that unpublished material is then unpublished in PowerSchool. Just because I want to on publish it in Schoology does it mean I want their grades in assignments to be unseen in PowerSchool.

Analisa
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10’000+ Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 24.2.2023

The gradebook makes everything take longer than it should for teachers.

I have no choice; my school district makes me use it. Yes, it allows us to post and accept work online, but many more improvements to the gradebook should have been made in the six years that this has been used by the second-largest school district in the USA. It may be better than other LMSes in certain aspects, but the gradebook sucks, as detailed above.

It's better than nothing. I have never used another complete LMS, but there HAS to be a better one when based on the gradebook, which is what teachers use the most. I also work with teachers who say they've used Canvas and it's much better. Previous to this, I used EasyGradePro and Illuminate, both of which had gradebooks that were far more customizable. I am literally writing this right now because, in my 5.5 years of being forced by my district to use this LMS, not ONCE am I aware of any teachers being asked for product feedback--and only a couple times have any noticeable improvements been made. I find this intensely frustrating, as I have a long list of improvements that should be made and nowhere to share them. I arrived here, not at the product's website, after Googling "Schoology+feedback" And so I will post them here in their entirety in hopes that Schoology designers might actually care one day.

--NO SEATING CHART--should allow teachers to save pre-set comments in Resources to save time--teacher should be able to set a default to show comments to student instead of having to click the box every time they want the student to see the comment--comments should be dated--system should be able to mark empty cells missing automatically once due date has passed (regardless of grading status)--when student submits an assignment, missing mark should disappear--missing mark value should be customizable (not always zero)--”Mark empty cells missing” should be accompanied should be accompanied by the option of “except ones with submissions”--submissions should be time stamped--should have the ability to sort assignments in order of date of late submission--score for quiz needs to update automatically if student takes it late--should be able to sort students by who has most ungraded submissions--Bulk Edit should allow you to change the lock date--I should be able to type in a LAST name to send a message--Teacher should be able to merge rosters so that students on different rosters (i.e. SpEd) can respond to same discussion topic instead of having separate boards--Copy Rubrics should not make endless duplicates; should notify when they are duplicates --read receipts for messages--in Mastery tab, should be able to display assignments by alpha order, number order, etc.

Die besten Alternativen zu Schoology

Alexis

Bewertet am 14.11.2023

Good place for many things

I like that Schoology is basically a one stop shop. I am able to post course content, post assignments and assessments and grade them, and communicate with students. The grading process is quite easy. It's easy to see each student and their scores vs other platforms that make it difficult or confusing. I also like that I can see past courses that are archived and everything is available.

I do not like that I am unable to remove courses myself. I have had courses assigned to me that were not mine, but I have to contact the admin for that. It became a tedious and time consuming process, so I just gave up.

Angela

Bewertet am 16.7.2021

All Systems in One Place

Schoology has been extremally useful to me as a teacher both during the pandemic and after. I appreciate the Schoology teams constant innovation and dedication to teachers and students. I look forward to using it again next year. Students and parents both find it easy to use and I have had positive results using the platform.

I love that I can login once and be able to access a variety of programs and software. The one user login is awesome! I like that I can send out messages to students either through the messenger feature or by placing an announcement in each class. I also like being able to go directly from one website (for example Newsela) to another (for example Nearpod) with in the platform itself. Set up classes is a breeze, and I appreciate how seamless Schoology has made it for teachers. The training I received from Schoology staff is also very good.

As with any LMS, there is a learning curve, but it ranks as one of the better LMSs in terms of easy of use. I would like to see Zoom integrated directly into each class, as an additional option.

Robert

Bewertet am 14.7.2020

Effective LMS for Online Instruction

I have used Schoology in my classroom for the past four school years. Prior to that, I had tried Moodle, Blackboard and Edmodo for use with my students. Schoology has been the most intuitive to understand and set up. It helps students easily find resources and allows me to integrate numerous online tools, meeting all of my needs as a classroom teacher. This year, our district has moved to requiring us to use Canvas, which really put just how easy and functional Schoology is into perspective for me.

Schoology is very intuitive for teachers, students and parents providing an easy to use learning management system for all.

Using the free, non-enterprise, version doesn't provide teachers with student access analytics.

Jennie

Bewertet am 1.9.2020

Schoology Junkie

I absolutely love the gradebook and it is so east to use. Grading the project and watching it automatically upload to the gradebook saves sooo much time.

I hate the uploading feature. It makes you jump through too many screens to upload a document. On the teacher side I do not like the missed assignments tally. When you click on a resubmitted assignment for example it never takes you straight to what was resubmitted. It will take you to the overall assignment and then I have to guess which student resubmitted it.

Matthew
  • Branche: Hochschulbildung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter
  • Weitere für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Bewertet am 9.12.2020

Clutch for shifting to online learning

Overall, Schoology was a lifesaver. We experimented with different products but really enjoyed the controls we had as instructors. In a time when the pandemic hit, we were struggling to find the application that worked best for us and this ended up being the perfect fit. It was a huge bonus that it came free and that we were able to find a testing software to continue our online education. Kudos!

The features that made choosing Schoology the most impactful was that it was free, had many controls as a course instructor and created safeguards for academic integrity. It had more controls to avoid cheating, created amazing supports for test writing (test bank, fill-in-the-blank, mix-and-match, time allotment, weighting etc.). It was very user friendly in that it created items that we used in in-person teaching and made life so much easier!

My co-teacher and I had a hard time figuring out how to prevent students from receiving their grades right after submitting their exams. I'm sure it was a matter of deep diving more, but in our scenario of first-time users, the students received their final grades after their final exam rather than giving us a few minutes to explore the stats and realize if we needed to drop questions or not.

Philip
Philip

Bewertet am 9.7.2020

A Full Service LMS Offers So Many More Options

We've been using for four years and they keep making it better!

All of my course content is in Schoology and since I teach using the flipped classroom model, the switch to fully online learning in the spring was pretty much seamless for all my students with home internet access.

I am also a Schoology Ambassador.

Our district uses Schoology as a district-wide Learning Management System (LMS). We switched to Schoology last year and I use Schoology for almost all of my course work. I teach using the flipped classroom model and Schoology's platform allows me to share my lecture videos, conduct assessments of student knowledge and understanding, give assignments, and to provide communication with students and parents. All of my content is available to my students through Schoology 24/7, I can make it available in a variety of ways, and I can make updates in real-time.

Schoology's introduction of the Google Assignment App has me excited about our switch to Chromebooks. This app allows you to attach a Google Doc (say a study guide) as part of an assignment. When students open the assignment the document is copied, renamed, and added to their Google Drive. No more students opening or copying a new version of the document each time they go back to the assignment instead of to the copy they made but didn't actually rename as the directions stated. The document is 'tied' to the assignment and updates no matter where they work on it from (inside the assignment or through their Google Drive.) I also use the platform’s completion rules to give students autonomy while also keeping them on track.

Another great option is the ability to add images to pages, updates, announcements, and folders to give visual information, help guide students, and give them access options. I also am able to hyperlink

While they've done a great job updating the product, however, I wish the pace of that was faster. For example, they introduced a new "Assessments" feature that was to eventually replace the "Test/Quiz" feature once it had all of the same options. While the question types in Assessments are nicer, it is two years later and it is still missing features of Test/Quiz including the ability to comment on individual student questions, auto-correction and rescoring if you made a mistake in setting up the correct answer in a question, and importantly, they still have not added a question test bank option for Assessments. Without the option to randomly pull questions from question banks I still use Test/Quiz for later end of unit assessments and semester exams.

Bob
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 2.11.2023

Classroom Management With Schoology

I wish that our school was still using Schoology. We changed to a more complicated system.

Easy to use, it made classroom management better.

The ability to printout assessments was lacking.

Bewertet am 8.12.2016

Schoology for Classes and Professional Development

In my 7 years as a teacher, I was always looking for the latest and greatest tools. The one thing that never changed, was Schoology. They are constantly improving their product and updating to make it better. I used all the free features of Schoology with my students. We took all of our assessments via their platform. They submitted assignments, essays, and projects via the other software. I was able to easily attach rubrics to the work that students were creating. My favorite piece was the discussions. It allowed me to elicit responses from all students, not just the ones who were willing to raise their hands. I would often use the online discussions to facilitate a face to face discussion in class the next day. I was able to use the responses from the online portion to direct and call out specific responses that could further our in class discussion. Schoology is an all around great tool, if you are looking for an LMS, it would be a mistake not to consider Schoology.

In my current role, I provide more professional development support. I am working with teachers on their implementation of Schoology and other tools. Schoology allows me a way to deliver online courses to teachers and support them in their growth. It is a great experience for our teachers to use Schoology as a student, this gives them the perspective they need when it is time to work with their students. It also affords us the opportunity to show them some best practices of using an LMS. Schoology is a winner in every way, I wouldn't be where I am today without Schoology, and our teachers wouldn't be making the gains they are without the support of Schoology.

There is an instant comfort to using Schoology for students and teachers. Most things are very easy to find and within a couple uses, teachers begin to develop confidence with the program. As a teacher, I was easily able to teach myself (with some online guidance) how to accomplish what I needed. The range of options available for free is outstanding and the paid version just adds the icing to the cake!

There are times where it seems like I have to click a lot of buttons to execute something. There are some quirks (as there are with many programs) that don't seem 100% logical to me. With that said, Schoology is always willing to listen, things may not be fixed immediately but it is nice to know they are aware.

Verifizierter Rezensent

Bewertet am 5.3.2022

Wonderful Course Management Platform

My overall experience with Schoology has been fantastic, and I would definitely recommend it to other instructors who are willing to give it a try.

What I like most about Schoology is its ability to allow the instructor to compile all necessary course information into one easy-to-use online portal. Via this portal, I am able to create and post assignments, mark down due dates, grade the aforementioned assignments, among a plethora of other essential tasks, such as attendance tracking, progress report generation, and managing regrade requests. I am also able to communicate with students directly through the portal, which is great just in case the students want to keep their personal email addresses private. Lastly, customer service is very friendly, convenient, and helpful any time I need them, (which is infrequent, as the platform lives up to its expectations on a regular basis without any mishaps, which is fantastic, especially for efficiency's sake).

There is honestly very little that I dislike about Schoology, as it really does help me manage my classroom in an efficient manner, eliminating all of the hassle I was occasionally confronted with prior to my implementation of the platform, (the same applies to the students' perspectives on the matter, according to a mini-survey I provided them with). With all that being said, however, if I were to choose one aspect which could be further improved upon, it would be the performance of the app on both Apple and Android devices. I occasionally receive complaints from students pertaining to random crashes of the app, assignments not being able to be submitted, and various other technical issues. I must add that these issues are rare, but it would be nice if they could be eliminated in their entirety. Other than that, there is really not much else I can report as being a negative.

Janelle

Bewertet am 11.7.2020

Schoology for Synchronous and Asychronous Learning

We use Schoology to provide synchronous and asynchronous instruction for our students across all schools and grade levels in our district. Overall, the experience has been positive.

What I like most about Schoology is the ability to integrate multiple external tools within a Schoology course--you can embed videos, apps, and other tools directly within Schoology, which allows students a single point of access for all of the learning tools they'll need for a given lesson. For example, you can easily embed a FlipGrid, Padlet, or EdPuzzle directly into Schoology--this has been a great benefit to teachers and students.

There are a few small issues that we have a Schoology users--the most notable is the inability to force-submit quizzes and tests on behalf of students who forget to submit their assessments. This makes it impossible for the teacher to grade a students work without having the student go in an press the submit button. Additionally, the inability of teachers to rotate pages in document submissions (i.e. the student uploads a document horizontally, but it needs to be read vertically) adds additional difficulties for teachers as they grade. Finally, the fact that when a student uploads multiple pages to an assignment, Schoology displays them in size order instead of in the order they are uploaded increases difficulty for teachers when it comes to grading because often an assignment is not in the correct order.

Traci

Bewertet am 17.7.2019

The.LMS.System

Having come from Google Classroom, Schoology is a more robust learning management system. Teachers can create assignments, discussions, assessments. There is more than just a stream of posts. Folders are necessary to organize content. There is a free version of it that still has decent features but the enterprise version has ALL the tools that you need to manage student learning, grades, feedback, and communication. The online grade-book has the ability to create assessments and rubrics and keep track of student performance. I love that students can use the app, in addition to the Chromebook.

The learning curve can be steep; the user interface can be overwhelming. I wish that I could link sections of courses so that the I didn't have to re-post the same items in another section. For example, I teach two 7th grade sections. I find myself manually copying and posting in each separately - this takes extra time. Right now this doesn't have grade-book integration for our district, they are working on it. Grade-book integration is truly a requirement. Students and parents also cite issues with things being reported as late/over due that actually are not. Parents may need a streamlined interface or some free training. In terms of communication, it would be helpful to see stats on the message (how many read out of how many).

Courtney
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Bewertet am 8.5.2019

Terrible app even worse customer service

Terrible app with even worse customer service

It was easy to manage my son's schooling.

It's clunky you have to go in and out to see different grades instead of being under one easy tab. Don't even think of forgetting your password. There is no reset function available and when you ask for help you get a super snarky email. I will copy and paste

Hi Cmac0521,

We are no longer accepting ticket submissions from Basic users. Helpdesk ticketing support is a feature of our Enterprise subscription. You can see what’s included in Enterprise here.

To support our millions of free (Basic) users, we have invested in providing you easy access to better support resources, like the newly launched Schoology Guide Center. We also recommend visiting the Schoology Help Center where you can access a wealth of information about Schoology as well as engage with our member Community.

Not sure if you’re a ‘Basic’ account holder? Instructors: if you see the word “Upgrade” in the upper left corner of your Schoology account of your account - that means you’re Basic! Parents and Students: check with your instructor!

Sincerely,
Schoology Support

Basically "you didn't pay we don't want to help you, go annoy the school. You're Basic LOL" - Schoology "customer service"

Pamela

Bewertet am 29.1.2021

Schoology is a great Learning Management System

I love that I can continue to teach regardless of the current pandemic situation thanks to Schoology.

Schoology has played a critical role in helping teachers teach during our current pandemic situation. It is key that I can put curriculum online for students that are sick or in quarantine. It is also critical for when I have had to teach from home. It allows me to communicate with students regardless of the current conditions.

Figuring out the best way to assign things like google forms, and links to websites has been a little bit confusing because there is multiple ways to this. To find the most efficient way of using it has been a challenge.

William

Bewertet am 9.11.2015

Communicate, Question, Appreciate

As a vendor, Schoology is top notch. I feel like the crew there is an extension of my immediate work group. Everyone at Support, our Account Manager, and especially their PD team are friendly and professional. I follow many of them on Twitter and we share ideas and thoughts on the product. I'm thankful for their responsiveness and their authenticity about not being able to do everything at all times, but to hear all concerns and appropriately triage them for the product's future.

The product is very clean and straightforward. I am a system administrator for our institution, so I am always poking around in the nitty gritty. I may be the sole user at our institution that uses as many aspects of Schoology as I do. From course level settings, to groups, to system wide, I am all over the product and I heartily give my approval. I can navigate through the product with ease and can easily lead others in doing the same. I support our faculty and students on using the product, so it's great to know when I point them to a feature that it will always look and operate the same. I might say that is the BEST part of the product: the uniformity. We previously used Moodle, and our setup was not uniform. Thankfully, Schoology is.

The product is young and still catered towards the K12 environment. The language, the features, and the community of users are primarily K12. While that's not a big deal, it can often make community events or new features irrelevant to the higher ed environment.
The only other downside is that there are not many settings for students with special needs. It is often clunky to create workarounds to accommodate students who need more time in quizzes or struggle to access media content.

Leslie

Bewertet am 14.6.2018

Program ease in collaborative with teachers and Google easy for that with students across...

Being able to collaborate and communicate with teachers in my department is fast and easy. Collaborative projects with students across all class periods has been very productive in my classes. Being able to sync to the gradebook is fast and efficient.

Ease in posting resources to keep students in Schoology for research projects and assignments. The ability to assess student learning in multiple formats. Being able to use the Google Drive link to create collaborative assignments across class periods for students to participate in allows all students to participate in one big project.

Schoology needs to solve the problem of students being able to copy and paste into Schoology. It's too easy for students to plagiarize when they can go outside of Schoology and copy and paste information to answer questions. I can tell students not to do that and remove grade points when they do, but if Schoology could find a way to not allow student accounts to copy and paste, there would be more original work done by students in the platform.

Stacey

Bewertet am 21.7.2020

User Friendly for Students and Teachers

Often times during the course of a class mistakes are caught and need to be fixed. It is very easy and smooth to fix issues while the class continues to run smoothly. The integration with Google Drive is extremely helpful to make things seamless for students!

I have used a lot of different Learning Management Systems and Schoology is by far my favorite! It is very user friendly on both the teacher and the student end. It is easy to build courses and manage them. It's easy to see student progress and grades. Using folders and all of the different content options, it is very easy to organize the content so that students can navigate it easily.

Over the years of using Schoology, they have made many updates that have fixed the complaints I've had. My complaints come more from other systems we use, such as single sign on. And the issues isn't with Schoology, it's with students not knowing their login information to sign in.

Jessica

Bewertet am 10.9.2018

Best LMS in the game!

Schoology changed my classroom experience for the better. It is integral to my classroom and our school district since we are 1:1. Schoology isn't just a tool it creates a culture in your classroom that helps faciliate community in the classroom experience.

*User Functionality - easy for teachers and students to use!
*Consistency of Updates from Schoology - they are constantly improving the platform whether it be with new app integration or ease of use in design.
*Support - Their support team is amazing, and client services are impeccable.
* Number of Apps that integrate is growing all the time!
*Google Assignment App stepped up the overall experience and use for Teachers.
* Assessment update changed the game - appeals to all different subject areas.

Honestly none because any issue that has existed Schoology has responded with an update if there was enough need for a change! That is one of their greatest strengths as a company.

Donna

Bewertet am 11.7.2020

Schoology supports students, families, and teachers

Schoology is a robust yet flexible tool that helps teachers provide content, instruction and feedback to students and families. It is highly customizable and allows teachers to integrate most any other digital tool to meet the diverse needs of learners. Schoology can be used in basic to deeply developed ways. One of my favorite features is the ability to save and build content and items from course to course. You are able to save time and build stronger learning experiences as your skills and created items grow.

The biggest challenge with Schoology is the shear volume of customizable features and functions. The basics are relatively easy to learn, but it does take time to play and learn the full capabilities this product has to offer.

Dakota
Dakota

Bewertet am 18.11.2018

Schoology LMS

Overall, Schoology is a great learning management system and has made delivering content and assesssment student progress a much more manageable task.

What I like most about Schoology is it's ease of use. The interface is clean and takes on a social media feel which most of its users will be used to and appreciate. I also love how you can integrate many of the top educational programs and apps right along with Schoology such as quizlet.com and nearpod.com.

What I like least about Schoology is how certain features that would seemingly be easy to fix take so long to be developed or go into affect. For example, the launch of the new assessments feature was very exciting because it open up more question types, but lacked some of the features so beneficial to students and educators. These features include the Spanish keyboards, quetion banks, and printable assessments.

Veronica
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1’000 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 21.6.2023

Schoology is our go-to!

We love this program and will use it for years to come.

Schoology is out LMS connected to PS. It allows so much more than just virtual learning. Students can check classwork by reviewing files and notes teachers upload to courses. Schoology allows parents to see the materials students are provided with. It is our go-to for classwork and course information!

The add-ons and additional connected apps can be glitchy.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

Google Classroom und CANVAS

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Schoology

The ease of connecting it to our Powerschool
Ruth

Bewertet am 19.9.2019

Schoology Makes Teaching Easier

I have saved so much paper by moving to giving and receiving homework assignments through Schoology.

I use Schoology on a daily basis. I am a big fan. I love everything that it has to offer. I assign all homework assignments through Schoology and expect my students to submit their assignments through Schoology. It's very easy to upload an assignment and to go through the submitted assignments. I also appreciate the Resources tab, which allows to to upload files, links, and more, making it easy for me to pull up materials I need to use in class.

I really like this software and it has made my life much easier as a teacher. The only function I wish it had would be the ability to schedule publishing of an assignment. Right now I have to manually publish an assignment when I want it to appear to my students.

Karen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1’000 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 10.8.2022

Schoology: Use of folders is a pro, tests are time consuming is a con

I had a positive experience with Schoology. The integration of different tools, student motivation with badges, and the folder-creation ability make it a good choice for a school LMS. However, there are some functions that could be better. Making it more user-friendly for both teachers and students, and having functions like a missing assignment list could be considered to make Schoology a better product.

I found the folders setup to be very helpful so all content, assignments, and resources could be placed in the same folder. Sub-folders could also be added. Mimicking a computer storage system was helpful to many students. Next, the album feature was also very beneficial to display student work in a virtual environment. Also, badges can be given to students for positive reinforcement motivation. Finally, it was helpful to integrate tools such as Microsoft or Google products.

Due to having many folders, there is a lot of clicking for students to get to an assignment. Late assignments are marked missing and the teacher must manually make the correction. It would be helpful to see a list of missing work.

469 Bewertungen