Katana Cloud Inventory Erfahrungen

Gesamtbewertung
Bewertungen
Mehr Erfahren

Über Katana Cloud Inventory

Katana ist eine moderne Produktions- und Inventarsoftware für die Skalierung von Unternehmen. Mit der visuellen Schnittstelle und der intelligenten Auto-Booking-Engine von Katana, mit denen Unternehmen Bestellungen priorisieren...

4.2
4.7

Nutzerbewertungen zu Katana Cloud Inventory durchsuchen

168 von 168 Bewertungen
Joshua
Joshua
  • Branche: Lagerung

Bewertet am 19.5.2020

The best for small manufacturing

KatanaMRP has really helped me know what to order, and when to order it, as well as plan what comes next in manufacturing. It even lets me add time to tasks in production so I can monetarily make sure employees are being efficient enough for my company to remain profitable.

Definitely recommend. I wish I would have found them sooner.

Sometimes the app logs me out and I have to put the information in twice.

Warum Katana Cloud Inventory gewählt wurde

ease of use and training of users

Antwort von Katana Cloud Inventory

Thank you for the feedback and support!

Beantwortet am 2.6.2020
  • Branche: Erneuerbare Energien & Umwelt

Bewertet am 9.9.2019

Most affordable MRP system for small manufacturers

Katana has been extremely responsive with receiving feedback on the product and working in product improvements based on that feedback. There have already been multiple issues I had with the product early on that they have reacted to feedback on and implemented changes. Great customer service.

I love the value. We were stuck using excel to manage our inventory for a long time because there were no affordable options until Katana came along. I am able to maintain accurate stock levels much more easily now.

There are a few minor inconveniences that are small time wasters. One example is not being able to shift/ctrl click multiple items and drag them around as a group when reorganizing priority rank of manufacturing orders. Since we have multilevel subassemblies I spend more time dragging around manufacturing orders to organize the order I want them completed in and I could save some time if I could drag items around as a group.

Antwort von Katana Cloud Inventory

Chris, thank you for sharing your experience with Katana!

Beantwortet am 10.9.2019
Fatou
  • Monatlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Bewertet am 16.5.2024

Not for Small Manufacturers

I tried using Katana twice for my small laboratory which manufacture skincare

Company of any size can use it, you can in theory intergate with lot of other tool like Quickbook and Shopify

It's very Expansive , even more when you want to follow the lot number. it starts at 179$ per month, if you take the annual billing, which I don't recommend unless you know it very well , the monthly paiement starts at 199$
The solution I am using now cost 39$/month on a monthly paiement basis it's a big difference

Die besten Alternativen zu Katana Cloud Inventory

Brandon
  • Branche: Unterhaltungselektronik

Bewertet am 9.2.2020

Perfect for where we're at right now

We chose Katana after trying out a couple different MRP's which were either overly complex, over-priced, or didn't fit our needs. We've stuck with Katana based on it's ease-of-use, intuitive design, and delivery of everything we need it to do.

It's great to be able to log in on any computer without having to install software, and it's done an amazing job of keeping our inventory tidy and up-to-date. The Purchase Order generator has also made us look very professional to our suppliers. The integration with Shopify is also a huge plus to us as it prevents us from having to manually transfer Shopify orders and automatically removes all parts from the BOM from our inventory. Highly recommended!

There aren't many, if any things we've come up against yet that Katana didn't support.

Antwort von Katana Cloud Inventory

Thank you for the feedback!

Beantwortet am 13.2.2020
Elle
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Bewertet am 14.5.2020

Cannot recommend this app enough

Honestly has changed my life for the better. I'm no longer running out of supplies and having to do emergency orders (hello, extra shipping fees!). This keeps me organized and helps me to better my time management. I can see every open order that I need to fulfill and planning out supply orders is a breeze. I've recommended this app to every other maker I know because I am that in love with it. I'll use this app for the rest of my life because it is the best thing that's happened to my business in a long time.

This software legitimately changed the way my business runs. It keeps me accountable for the hundreds of supplies I use on a daily basis and keeps me organized in a way that no lists, or other apps, ever have.

I can honestly say nothing, this app works so seamlessly and wonderfully. Maybe the load speeds can be a little laggy, but that's mostly because I have a lot of materials I've input. Definitely not an app downfall or issue at all.

Antwort von Katana Cloud Inventory

Thank you for the support!

Beantwortet am 2.6.2020
Oscar
Oscar
  • Branche: Bekleidung & Mode

Bewertet am 14.3.2024

The MRP now with less functionality that costs more!

horrible and I would never ever want to be in business with them again, they only see you as money bags.

It worked for what I was expecting, it kept track of the items I needed to produce custom embroidered items. It was able to track when I needed to re buy items from my suppliers.

Where do you even start. I will start with the biggest issue they have. The price.
When I started the cost was around 60aud a month. Then they bumped me up to 400aud a month without any communication, then they bumped me up to $1400 aud a month without any communication.

When confronted with the problem with the pricing, and the illegal practices that they were acting under, they told me it was my fault because I was using API pulls. Which I was not doing. They realised that they were charging me incorrectly, and would "refund me the difference" and I am yet to see the refund. They would have never bothered to address this if I didn't bring it up to them, they would have happily charged me 2333% more than my original subscription without batting an eyelid.

How can a company honestly think that it is okay to charge 2000% more and remove functionality?

Customer service will only meet you at 2am Australian time (useless)

Oh, and they have a 1 month notice cancellation fee for a month to month subscription (illegal) so if you sign up for a month, expect to pay for two. Like a gym, except you didn't sign anything so they can't do that. but they will.

This company is greedy and it will fail if they keep this way. Do not look at reviews from further than two months ago, as that katana is long gone. Read all reviews from recently and you will see very cleary how this greedy corperate company has failed their customers.

Avoid at all costs, get a better mrp software or even a spreadsheet.

Hey Oscar,

I appreciate your review and understand your concerns regarding our pricing.
Your insights are valuable as we continuously improve our services. The decision to change our subscription offerings was made after careful consideration and necessary to continue to deliver excellent service and product/feature development to our customers.
We apologize for any inconvenience and are actively improving our communication processes to ensure transparency in future changes. Your satisfaction is our priority, and we're committed to resolving any outstanding issues promptly, as we have done so in your case via continued Success Team engagement.
We believe we have done everything reasonably within our power to resolve your issues. If you feel there is anything more you would like to discuss, we are always available via our Support Chat or you can reach out to your Success Manager via email or schedule meeting.
Thanks for your feedback!

All the best,
Christopher @ Katana

Beantwortet am 27.3.2024
Jonathan

Bewertet am 28.7.2022

A critical piece of our business that we can't live without

I love it. I've had great interactions with everyone on the team, and I can tell they want to help me succeed. Thanks Katana!

Great value, probably the only affordable cloud solution on the market

It's a great piece of software for data entry. Not so great when it comes to using that data to run your business. No dashboards or views that provide insights. They've solved for this by integrating with Easy-Insight and Stocktrim. Now that those are in place, I'm completely satisfied.

Antwort von Katana Cloud Inventory

Thanks for your review Jonathan, happy to hear Katana saves you the time and effort compared to Airtable!

Beantwortet am 2.8.2022

Very Useful

The overall experience has been excellent so far. Katana has helped us transition away from using spreadsheets to track our manufacturing operations and really professionalise our processes. It's an integral part of our everyday operations.

Katana has multiple features which have very useful in improving our manufacturing processes. The ability to create recipes for each product has been a huge help for us as we have quite a lot of raw materials in each finished product.

The Shop Floor app has been brilliant for us to track production/assembly time more accurately. This has been a great help in pinpointing an accurate cost per unit.

The only aspect that hasn't met our expectations so far has been the batch tracking feature. This is an excellent feature and one that would be so helpful for us. However, we need it to work automatically with our Shopify orders and at the moment sales orders can only be attributed to particular batches if you fulfil them on the Katana dashboard. We need this to happen automatically when our Shopify orders are fulfilled.

Dennis

Bewertet am 15.6.2021

Exactly What Our Growing Business Needed.

So far, we are really liking hoe easy it was to setup and get running. The inventory management has improved the flow and processes in our company for the better.

Ease of use, support, inventory management features, able to create builds/recipes for products (BOM), ability to upload data using Excel, integration with Quickbooks Online

Cost, certain features do not make sense in the implementation.

Zoho CRM, QuickBooks Online Advanced und QuickBooks Enterprise

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Katana Cloud Inventory

Ease of use and the features. And it looks good.
Samantha

Bewertet am 16.12.2020

Highly Recommend!

We love it. We use this app to help with our growing business. It has made it so easy to keep up with reordering and be able to manage inventory between two stores! The Katana team makes it so easy to use and offer a lot of help! Highly recommend!

Easy Implementation
Customer Service
Reorder Options

I wouldn't say this is a con- but we are really excited for the bar code scanning option they plan to roll out in 2021!

Antwort von Katana Cloud Inventory

Thank you for your review! We are excited to have you as a customer.

Beantwortet am 28.12.2020
Gonzalo
  • Branche: Lebensmittelproduktion

Bewertet am 11.2.2023

Very poor MRP overrated in reviews, with good service

Very easy to start. Lack of a lot of important functionalities by the time of use. Overpriced by the functions provided.

Customer Service and easy to use at the beginning

It appears to be that the designers and programmers have never worked in a company. *No discounts or price difeerentiation*Lack of point of sales*Very low scanning functionality*Not differentiated user rights*No history of document changes*Buggy

Warum Katana Cloud Inventory gewählt wurde

Quickbooks Integration

Zuvor genutzte Software

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Katana Cloud Inventory

Quickbooks Online integration, easy to use, (appear to be fake) good reviews
Zach
  • Branche: Luxusgüter & Schmuck

Smooth Operator

It has been great, highly recommend for small to medium business. Very user friendly!

Katana has made our day to day business so much more fluid and stress free. It was easy to build out the product lines, upload product sku's and flip the switch on going live. Game changer!

On the production schedule front, hoping that the software will eventually lump all the tasks together, I have multiple consumers that order the same item, each order is its own line item instead of being lumped into a group, so our production team needs to scrub the tasks before production starts as to make sure they capture each item, as to not create redunancy in work.

Jason
  • Branche: Umweltdienstleistungen

Bewertet am 6.7.2021

Love the functionality!

This software is very user friendly compared to some other, more detailed programs.

I had some issue with the conversions during the product builds, so I am not sure if you could have multiple conversions for a product.

Lauren
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness

Bewertet am 17.6.2021

Love it!

We LOVE this app! We had to work out some kinks the in the beginning based on our needs but Katana's representatives were very helpful and we got it all figured out.

It's helped us streamline inventory management, manufacturing orders and inventory orders. Highly recommend!

It was a significantly more money than what we were paying with our old system but the extra money has been so worth it for us.

Monne
  • Branche: Essen & Trinken

Bewertet am 24.1.2024

A Disheartening Experience with Katana's Pricing Policies

As a small business, Solid Stash, with an annual turnover of approximately 300kEUR and handling around 3000 orders monthly, we initially chose Katana for its affordability and features. However, our journey with Katana has been increasingly disheartening, marked by unexpected and steep price hikes that have put our business in a challenging position.

Initially, we were content with a reasonable monthly fee of about 100 USD. This was manageable for a business of our scale. However, due to a change in Katana's billing rules related to sales order rows, we experienced our first major setback: an abrupt increase in our monthly fee to over 300 USD. This was a significant blow to our finances, but we reluctantly accepted it, hoping for cost stability in the future. We also anticipated the benefit of batch tracking, a feature crucial for our operations.

Our disappointment was further compounded when Katana introduced a new pricing structure. Not only did we face another hike in our monthly fee, but batch tracking, previously included, was now a separate add-on costing an additional 199 USD per month. This escalation meant our expenses on Katana's services skyrocketed from around 100 USD to over 500 USD monthly – a fivefold increase in just two years.

This pricing strategy feels like a trap. We initially invested in Katana, dedicating time and resources to set up and train our employees, only to find ourselves facing exorbitant fees that are unsustainable for a small business like ours. The lack of predictability in Katana's pricing is alarming. There's a constant fear that next year might bring another doubling of costs or a new, arbitrary billing metric.

We feel cornered and exploited. The assumption that the high switching costs will force us to accept these unreasonable increases is unfair and disrespectful to loyal customers. We are not just numbers on a spreadsheet; we are a small business striving to survive and grow.

We are making a sincere request to Katana: please reconsider your pricing strategy. We need stability and fairness in pricing. We made our initial investment based on the original pricing structure, and these drastic changes are not just a financial strain but also a breach of the trust we placed in Katana.

In conclusion, while Katana's software may offer certain operational benefits, their pricing policies are a source of major concern and disappointment. We urge potential customers to consider this aspect carefully before committing to Katana. The financial unpredictability and lack of consideration for small businesses in their pricing strategy are significant drawbacks that cannot be overlooked.

Their extortionate pricing policies. Costs hiked fivefold over the last two years

Alex
  • Branche: Möbel

Bewertet am 29.9.2023

A Thoughtful New Take on MRPs

This has been a very easy product to use - we came from a Netsuite operational backend but having a system that easily links to other products we use (Quickbooks, Shipping Platforms) was much easier to deploy.

The ease of use, as compared to larger MRP systems, helps keep the team on track.

There are some missing features - custom fields, tiered pricing, etc.

MRPeasy

Zuvor genutzte Software

NetSuite

Ease of use, API integration
CAMILLA
  • Branche: Lebensmittelproduktion

Bewertet am 21.2.2024

Bait and Switch

Horrible. MRP systems are time consuming to implement. For them to take away functionality and SIGNIFICANTLY increase the price after the first year was ridiculous. Now we will be implementing a different MRP system. We feel cheated.

It seemed simple. It didn't work as originally sold, but they did improve it throughout the first year.

We THOUGHT it was going to be a good value. But after the first year, they took away functionality and doubled the price!

Michaela
  • Branche: Industrieautomation

Bewertet am 5.10.2021

Manufacturing superstar

We went over many manufacturing software, but Katana is the best so far.

- easiness of navigation and implementation
- support
- the colour coding

- not sure how to upload documents
- not being able to add multiple sale and purchase accounts
- not being able to ship partial sale orders

Callee
  • Branche: Groߟhandel
  • Täglich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

Bewertet am 26.5.2020

Great for small but growing handmade biz!

Just completed the free 14 day trial of Katana and have now begun a paid subscription. It took a few days and a bit of frustration to manually add all our products, ingredients, recipes, and current pending wholesale orders from outside of shopify, but having the shopify integration helped a lot. We use three different wholesale platforms (Faire, tundra & Abound), none of which offer automated third party integrations, so we knew we’d have to manually input orders and Katana serves that purpose as our centralized dashboard to see what needs to go out, when, from which platform, if we have it in stock, when we can make it, etc. In two weeks, we’ve already seen an increase in production efficiency and decrease in wholesale turnaround times now that EVERYTHING is being tracked in one place. Highly recommend Katana if you’re a maker, it’s never too early to implement automated systems in your biz!

Glitches with accurate purchase prices showing up in overall product list. Described it to customer service and they denied it being a problem. That’s the only problem I’ve encountered so far. Tbh on customer support quality.

Antwort von Katana Cloud Inventory

Hi! Thank you for your feedback and we'll make sure to work out any glitches that have occurred along the way. Happy making!

Beantwortet am 17.6.2020
Jason
  • Branche: Medizinische Geräte

Bewertet am 16.3.2022

A lot of bang for the buck!

We were able to implement Katana as our central point for our entire software stack. Each piece of software gets its orders and data from Katana. Normally, I would be hesitant to put any of the software that small business sees on a daily basis into this important position. I had no issue putting Katana into this position.

This software has a fantastic feel to make working in it incredibly efficient. As a person that works with software/web design/development, I can appreciate the attention paid to this incredibly complex platform.

There isn't much we don't like. Most of the small things are already in the development cycle and they include small things like being able to customize Katana a bit more for our specific needs. Column order, custom fields, field mapping of API connections, etc.

Elias
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Bewertet am 20.12.2020

Simple but Effective Inventory Management

We've saved countless manhours on tracking inventory. It also makes purchasing decisions a lot easier, with the ability to know at a glance how much of each product you need to buy.

PROS:

- really easy to use, great interface

- support is responsive, although we didn't have much need for support thanks to a very thorough and detailed knowledge base

- reasonably priced compared to other inventory management systems

- good integrations with Shopify, Quickbooks, etc

- it made inventory tracking a lot easier for us as a manufacturer. The manhours saved on doing Excel updates to inventory would definitely cost more if you run complex operations

CONS:

- Integration with Quickbooks is a little iffy if you don't login to Quickbooks beforehand

- It doesn't have a multicurrency feature for purchase orders (when you buy inventory in a currency different from your main currency)

- It's not easy to account for freight costs in the costs of buying raw materials

- You can't work in 2 browser tabs without paying for 2 users, this can be a little frustrating

Antwort von Katana Cloud Inventory

Thank you for the valuable feedback! Some of your suggestions are already in our roadmap for 2021. Glad to see you are saving time and resources with Katana!

Beantwortet am 28.12.2020
Kyle
  • Branche: Luxusgüter & Schmuck

Bewertet am 5.9.2019

Streamline Any Business With KATANA

The customer service is honestly the best customer service I have ever experienced. They are quick to respond, clear at explaining, very knowledgeable of the software, and great to work with. Rep even made me videos walking me through the parts of the process that were hanging me up.

The ability to streamline production, inventory and invoicing is a huge time saver and really helps with organization. I feel it is a great value for the money that you are spending and it

There is quite a bit of setup to get everything up and running and everything really functions together. This is not Katana's fault and they really have made it easy. Once everything (materials, products, production recipes) are set up, it runs like a charm.

Antwort von Katana Cloud Inventory

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience!

Beantwortet am 9.9.2019
Mary Ellen

Bewertet am 2.12.2022

It's a good start

We like having the ability to make manufacture orders so everyone involved can see what's been planned and when it's due. The ability to prioritize orders is very helpful for assigning inventory.

Identifying products that are ready to ship on each order is cumbersome. Our customer service team has to click individually into each order to see if any items are ready to ship. There's no way to easily flip to the next order. You have to close that window & click on the next order. It would be nice if you could at least toggle between orders within an order window. We'd also love to see some kind of drop down or hover-over feature that would quickly show you if partial shipments are available.

Matt
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Bewertet am 31.5.2020

Katana Review

Just the app I needed for my small business to mange the complexities of inventory and materials management. It is a no brainer for anyone looking to manage their direct to consumer manufacturing and will be my key managing fast growth. The sync between Xero, Shopify and Katana is exactly what I was after. Great support from the team too!

I was looking for software that could manage both my purchased and manufactured products with both BOM and raw material management. Katana does a great job of this with the bonus of syncing with Xero and Shopify. It is not a complex system and simple for my small business.

Katana is quite basic with what you can record for your products and materials. It would be great if there was more ability to add custom fields ( supplier SKUs, Drawing number references etc). Also some ability to customize purchase order and sales order format would be a good improvement. To be able to add a suppliers sku to a PO would be very valuable.

Antwort von Katana Cloud Inventory

Thank you for sharing your feedback!

Beantwortet am 8.6.2020
justin
  • Branche: Software für die Automobilindustrie

Easy to use and helpful

It takes some time to set up and deploy, but once it's running, its super helpful! Its very easy to generate POs, update stock levels, and track sales and make orders. All the function without the bloated junk that expensive and advanced MRP systems have.

I wish there was a way to have a negative stock variant (a single product that represents a product subtraction rather than having to make a full copy of a product recipe minus that one single item).
I wish there was a way to group materials without having to create a separate product for them. Each product will generate a separate make order, but sometimes Its not actually something that can be made individually, it just represents all the parts that make up an assembly. There is currently no way to make a group of materials that does not become its own product that the system thinks needs to be made as its own inventory item.

168 Bewertungen