Clover Erfahrungen

Gesamtbewertung
Bewertungen
Mehr Erfahren

Über Clover

Clover POS ist ein integriertes POS-System mit nutzerdefinierter Hardware für verschiedene Arten von Einzelhändlern. Dieses POS-System ist sowohl in web- als auch in serverbasierten Bereitstellungsversionen verfügbar und bietet...

3.4

• Branche: Design
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Bewertet am 9.6.2023

Clover Review

Clover is very easy to use, doesn't take much space and it makes paying for merchandise and services fast and easy.

It's very easy to use, and I love how it accepts so many kinds of credit cards and forms of payments!

I don't like how sometimes it will take a few tries to read a card, which can make customers desperate and annoyed.

Sabrina
  • Branche: Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr

Bewertet am 20.11.2023

We needed an upgrade from QBM.

We love the web-based back office. Checking sales from my phone and being able to check orders in real-time has been the best management tool.

Plug and pay. Clover really is, "plug and pay" we were able to start using it as soon as the machines arrived. We also were able to get a replacement register drawer quickly when one just stopped working.

Our menu was not completely programmed when the machines were sent this was a bit of a hassle. After some back and forth we were somewhat satisfied with the items programmed and we could take it from there.

Warum Clover gewählt wurde

QBM or Quality Business Machines was a failing software that was not integrated with any credit card solution or processor. We were not able to read the reports or manage our cash flow.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Clover

Clover was recommended by First Data our credit card processor.
Robyn
  • Branche: Restaurants

Bewertet am 27.6.2024

Terrible experience - call centre staff have no idea what they are talking about.

It is a easy system to use. Easy to enter inventory.

Absolutely horrible customer service. They use third party representatives to sell you the machines/system and then they disappear. I have been attempting to get a kitchen display for over two months and haven't been able to because they said I went through a third party and need to be in contact with them. I do not understand how a company can employ third party representatives and then not be able to help you PURCHASE extra equipment when you call in. Clover is already over priced in comparison to other companies. The least they could do is provide exceptional customer service and make sure their customers have what they need to do business.

Die besten Alternativen zu Clover

Jodi
  • Branche: Medizinische Praxis

Bewertet am 21.1.2020

Great payment processing device

Clover payment system has been really great for our spa. Really easy to run transactions, reports or refunds. The customer service has been knowledgeable and super friendly when we have had any issues.

It’s is super easy to take and track transactions. Has report capabilities And many functions. It is super easy to use. I have two different clover devices for different providers and they are all great.

The software itself is wonderful. The only issue I have is with the flex portable device on/off button. It is on the side and client constantly hit the button when they are picking up to sign for a transaction. The button should be on back underneath where it can’t be accidentally touched.

Square Payments

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Clover

Love the functions on the clover and the receipts it prints.
Katie
  • Branche: Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge

Bewertet am 3.12.2019

Easy to Use and Competitive Rates

Overall, the product is simple enough to use that I am not worried about any of our contracted therapists messing up the process and avoiding taking payments.

What I like most about Clover is that it can be downloaded on any smart device as app and has an easy to use card chip reader. Our agency wanted a chip reader for extra customer security and Clover offered that option.

I like least about the software is that is does not capture customer information as simple as their first and last name, but simply has a text box for a description. Our agency uses the device for customer copays for therapy appointments and in the text box I am forced to put the customers last name in order to reconcile payments later.

Square Payments

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Clover

The start up costs and credit card processing fees were lower.
Sara
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness

Bewertet am 13.12.2019

Great POS for smaller businesses

Overall, I am happy with my experience with Clover. It has helped me manage my inventory, visualize my top and bottom sellers and identify peak hours for business. I recommend to any small retailer who needs an easy POS setup and inventory management solution.

The Clover POS is intuitive to use, easy to manage user accounts/ access for employees and very easy to add new items to inventory. The analytics available also aren’t too shabby.

I don’t like having the experience I have when dealing with Clover support but fortunately the need to do so is rare.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Clover

I just preferred the packaging of the product and services it can provide.
Yalcin

Bewertet am 9.6.2024

Made a big Mistake choosing CLOVER as my credit card processor

Beginning of new shop opening I started looking reputable and comparable Credit Card processing . I started with Square , Toast and Clover end up picking Clover . I met with [sensitive content hidden] Senior Business Consultant and Clover Region Sales Manager . We talked and agreed on %2.3 +.05 Cent also $1400 credit towards hardware purchase . 1st Month which was March I did not get any statement 2nd month get close to $6800 fees . This is nothing close to what we talked . I and [sensitive content hidden] started emailing and talking on the phone almost everyday , he said do not worry I have been talking my Management they will make corrections and you will get your credit back no later then a week now he is not responding my emails . I am deceived and scammed . I will talk to Attorney General and file a court order aginst Clover and his regional manager [sensitive content hidden] .

Nothing good about Clover , They deceived me now I had to deal with them

Jatin
  • Branche: Computer-Software

Bewertet am 16.11.2021

Easiest and best POS System

Great system. The hardware is constantly being improved. The credit card rates are always the best!

Clover is easy to setup. I like the app market which allows me to select what features and extra functionality I need.

having to learn the interface takes a bit if you're not used to Android systems

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Clover

Better rates, better reporting, works with my bank.
Lori
  • Branche: Umweltdienstleistungen

Bewertet am 2.11.2023

I've tried others. Clover made the cut!!

Almost a year now and I am happy with Clover. I depend on it daily.

Clover is the easiest to use, most dependable, most reliable POS application out of all I have tried. US based support and competitive pricing.

They take the fee out after the deposit instead of before like most of the others do.

Joe
Joe
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste

Bewertet am 19.9.2023

Clover: Not as reliable as before the switch.

They've nearly put us out of business due to the migration from payeezy to clover. The most frustrating part was the fact that the representatives from clover acted like it's just par for the course and that we should just accept it.

Our bank migrated from Payeezy to Clover. The migration was easy and was done without our input.

Our bank migrated from Payeezy to Clover. The migration did not migrate all of the previously existing credit cards into the clover account causing over half of our recurring payments to fail the next month.

Stripe

Warum Clover gewählt wurde

Our bank said they preferred to do business with Clover over Payeezy.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Clover

It was supposedly compatible with the payeezy interface without switching software.
Briana
  • Branche: Gastgewerbe

Bewertet am 16.1.2020

Overpriced, poor customer service

I wouldn't recommend Clover to any business owner. We tested it out for about a month and are not able to access reports that we need - they disappeared with no notice - and the customer service is horrific. They just keep sending me links to their website, but not helping get the reports. And they are really rude. The reason we decided against Clover is because every little thing you need as a business owner is additional money - to get it to talk to any of your accounting software, to have a mailing list, etc.- and it just doesn't do what you need. You can't have tax included in your price, only add on to it. You can't give a 100% discount on a ticket without it charging tax on the original cost (who charges tax on $0.00?). The iPhone app to see reporting for what's happening when you're away from your business is incredibly clunky. Overall it's a terrible user experience. There are loads of better options out there.

Honestly, we really didn't like anything about Clover from the start - we hoped we would get used to it + like it, but it's pretty terrible.

Inability to include tax with the price, poor UX on the mobile dashboard app, terrible customer service, third-party apps to connect to accounting software are expensive and don't always deliver, high price for low value.

Karen

Bewertet am 27.7.2021

Clover is Cumbersome and You Need Third Party Paid Apps to do Basic Functionality

Want to have a seamless point of sale software and this was not it. The approval process was difficult and extensive just to find out they are out of stock of their hardware so I am charged the manual entry rate versus the keyed in rate even thought they are out of stock of Clover Go until and undetermined time.

I like the Clover Gos swipe and cost per transaction option but it is out of stock for months. I like the dashboard.

Wanted to import products from another system and tried to match the template provided by Clover to import and never got it in. Plus size of file is limited to 10MB which for the effort I could have keyed in the few items quickly to get to the file limit size. Customer support was painful to interact with and not helpful.

Stripe

Zuvor genutzte Software

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Clover

because of the swiping capability which does not exist on Stripe
Brian

Bewertet am 13.3.2021

No support, at all.

Terrible. 25% of the time iy works great....but the 75% it runs terribly. And if I choose to call them about a problem, I will be on the phone for a hour or longer, every time!

It looks modern, but it doesn't function like they said it will.

Deleting whole orders. Combining tables without approval. Running credit cards for the whole order, it chooses to run for half or some random total...but not what it says! Beyond frustrated with this pos.

Luigi

Bewertet am 26.4.2021

Easy, simple and effective

Very positive. It's ease of use makes it suitable for every demographic and It integrates well with our other systems like Shopify and Shopventory.

Since this system uses android OS so it follows a familiar mobile OS layout.

The system is extremely easy to use. I repeat, EXTREMELY easy to use. So easy that the boomers in our company did find it too difficult to learn.

It's large buttons and integrated barcode scanner makes transactions quick and smooth.

It integrates with most common applications such as Quickbooks & Shopify.

The option to search for products by typing the name is extremely useful.

As one of our owners put it, "It's pretty hard to make a mistake on it, even for a caveman like me."

It's certainly not as advanced as other point of sales systems I've used in the past.

Sometimes simple commands are buried in sub folders. For example, if you want to delete an entire order, you are required to push three dots at the top of the order, then select the "delete order" option from a list of commands. While simple is steps, the lack of clarity when while locating the the action can slow you down when you are busy.

A massive con is the that it does not natively support variable priced items by weight. In order to add this as an option, we're required to pay an extra $10 a month.

Something that has also been massively disappointing is that you can not increase the price of an item during the sale. If an item is at a fixed priced, you can not increase the price, you can only reduce the price or provide an item discount. This is a disadvantage if you don't necessarily need an item to be a variable priced item, of if an item is priced incorrectly. It forces you to use the open item option.

Bewertet am 31.3.2018

An out of the box solution that works well for small business

Clover is an excellent and good looking choice for a small to medium size business in need of a reliable and cost effective solution. You will be pleased as I have been. The system offers quite a bit of integrations and once implemented you will be amazed at the power of this system. I wish we could have linked all stores together but we were only allowed three machines to link per location. Overall, an excellent POS!

I was in search for s POS for three thrift stores my nonprofit operated. The old cash register no longer fits the internal control environment and a switch was desperately needed. After researching multiple platforms I opted for Clover. The others were simply too expensive and too complex for our needs. The Clover system worked brilliantly and continues to power the sales desk at all three stores. Each store has three registers and we were able to link the three to the main server to aggregate totals for each store. Sales increased and customer satisfaction went up as well. Clover has a host of apps to integrate including inventory management, time and attendance, markdowns, and a customer loyalty program which was a hit with our customers. The Clover system is truly a remarkable POS for the price of entry. The sleek modern look keeps the cash wrap looking clean and updated. The Digital receipt and signature has cut down on paper waste and makes us feel like we are doing out part to create less stress on the environment. Overall this is a simple and powerful solution that powers millions in annual retail sales for the organization.

The one setback is the operating system is Android. I find Android to be clunky and prone to security threats. We had to ensure we had it on a secure network and well protected by firewalls. Additionally it took some time to learn the system. Disclaimer- we operated on a complete iOS ecosystem until we bright on Clover. So not a big setback just more learning.

• Branche: Internet

Bewertet am 7.2.2024

Business Owner

Terrible experience. Zero help from anyone. Just to cancel was an act of congress. If I could avoid a company, in any business, doing anything, I would avoid Clover.

Nothing. Unless you like add-on fees that you don't get from other processors, avoid Clover.

Never ending erroneous fees. Zero help from customer service to explain and/or dispute. Customer service spoke with broken English and NEVER helped a situation. Clover called something "Quarterly PCI charge" and would charge whenever, bi-monthly. They just drafted the money when they wanted. Deal breaker was they came up with a "Security Bundle Fee" of $299. No one at customer service could explain what it was and there was not getting out of it. I cancelled account and after account was closed, they still drafted the following month. Clover is the worst processing company.

Sylvia

Bewertet am 24.2.2017

Clover Pos

From the pos system itself, we are multistore, so that is added complications for the clover system. On the register side, looking up customer names is complicated, you type the last name, but cannot enter the full name or it will not find it, so you enter the last name and have to scroll through the list of lets say 50 last name of smith, takes way to much time, and really difficult on the mini with the small screen. To increase quantity you have to go to another screen and then back again, more time, If one person does a price check by entering an item because a customer wants the total with tax, even though you delete the item, or clear open order, if a second sales person then logs in to check someone out the order still reads with the first person doing the sale even though they logged out. From the dashboard side, no ability to print many things such as transfer slips from HQ to the other 3 stores, once it is transferred it is on the screen until the store accepts the item in, after that the info is gone, and you cannot access for questions, etc. the lack of alphabetical order on many functions, the tax functions, if you use different tax rate for each of our 3 taxing authorities, as we did (and would prefer) say you have 10,000. in sales, 3 tax rates, when they are done separately the total income would then become 30,000.00, so many of the reports are not accurate as they read.

clover has been making some updates in the months since we have been using them, which have been good and helpful, but much is needed to make it functional for a multistore, without having to pay way to much monthly for apps to do things

to get even what I would consider basic functions, purchase more apps that would raise the monthly cost out of reach, sometimes the apps will show different figures, when creating an item, for our multistore setting, I can create for all 4 locations at once, with name, label, category, cost, price, but the tax rate, I have to go into a different screen for each location and fix all tax rates, very time consuming

Scott
  • Branche: Bekleidung & Mode

Bewertet am 2.6.2017

Clover POS is NOT for retail

We own a boutique where we also offer screen printing and embroidery. The clover system was sold to us as full POS system. Not the case at all. We were all excited to get started with it. It looked modern, cool, and expectations were high. When we tried to ring up our first printing order of more than 100 pieces we found our first issue. The system will not allow sales of items with a quantity of more than 100. Not a good thing when we routinely sale t-shirt orders of more than 100 shirts. We either had to make up multiple skus, which made a receipt look terribly unprofessional or make an invoice on word. Then I wanted to run a report on inventory value. Not possible. You can export a report to excel but good luck with that. My wife and I have both called customer support. We were both told that when enough people complained about the same issue, they may look into a fix. Until then, nothing would change. This was after going through multiple customer service reps who didn't even understand what I was asking for help with. When asked if we could return the 2 POS systems we bought we were literally told "they're yours, you bought them, do what you want with them, you could try selling them on ebay". Needless to say, at this point, POS and Clover have a whole new meaning for us. Definitely not "Point of Sale" or "Lucky Clover". We're currently looking for another option, over a lot of frustration later.

It looks nice, fairly easy to use. It's really hard for me to think of much good to say about it. When a POS won't run and inventory value report with totals and won't ring up items with quantities over 100, it's hard to find the Pros.

Won't process quantities over 100. Customer service is horrible. Can't run an inventory value report. Customer service is not knowledgeable at all. Seems anything you need is an add on app that cost you more. Did I say Customer service is horrible...

Phil

Bewertet am 17.6.2022

Could be incredible, but appears to be more geared toward restaurants instead of retail

It's been okay. When something goes wrong, there can be a lot of runaround from different techs. There is a support number that we have to contact for technical issues, a different one for banking issues, and a third for issues with certain settings within the system. It would be helpful if there was one tech support contact instead of three. The main tech support doesn't usually seem to be very knowledgeable, and have to reach out to a specialist to figure out how to help most of the time.

Clover itself wouldn't be much more than a payment processing system if it wasn't for the many apps that you can add to make it work for your business. The catch is, most of the add on apps cost a monthly fee. The option to have these apps make Clover incredibly customizable to fit exactly what you need for your store. Overall, we still saved money switching to Clover from our previous company.

The software seems to be geared more toward the restaurant industry. When we got it, we did so because it was supposed to be for all retail. We likely would not have gone this route if we had known what we do now, but we have made it work for a retail setting with the help of certain apps.

Francesco

Bewertet am 6.7.2022

A No-brainer to be your perfect POS

The experience has been easy and helpful. Honestly compared to my last POS my overall stress levels have declined by 99%

Easy to set up and use, inventory management works very wells

Wish it integrated better with ecommerce platforms such as Shopify & Magento

Warum Clover gewählt wurde

Was outdated; updates no longer supported

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Clover

Better credit card processing fees
NICHOLE
  • Branche: Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge

Bewertet am 18.5.2021

Easy to use and a lot of features

My overall experience has been good with Clover. They do have a lot of features we love like invoicing clients directly to their email (it does not track your invoices but it has a pay now button where your client can free type their own information and their payment info is directly emailed to the main user). I also like the modern look of the equipment. I wish the banks and clover had a more direct with each other relationship instead of putting me in the middle.

I like the ease of using Clover. Our office has a clover mini that we pass back and forth to the client and we use the virtual terminal for clients who wish to pay over the phone for their telehealth services. Clover also has an invoicing feature that has helped us greatly during this pandemic.

The machines are costly and because we are on a contract changing your system as your business changes are not easily done. I am not sure if part of this is my bank but I am currently paying for a clover mini I am unable to transfer or switch. The communication between the bank and clover seems to be convoluted. I would make sure you choose a system that has the opportunity to change before 2 years.

Michelle
  • Branche: Medizinische Praxis

Bewertet am 22.4.2021

Clover is the lead merchant in 2021

I have had an incredibly positive experience with Clover. I have even called their support system before and the representatives were friendly and efficient. I spoke to a live representative rather quickly who was informed and able to help me. I would give this product a 10/10 easily.

I love the tap feature. During covid, our dental office has tried to take every precaution to limit the spread of covid-19. Clover has a tap feature so that our staff does not have to handle patient's credit cards which limits exposure. Many major debit and credit cards have this feature and users just do not know! Look for the symbol that has 4 lines on your card and try it sometime! It is very fast and effective! We are also able to email or text a receipt (in addition to printing) so that there is less "touching" and passing involved.

There is truly nothing that I dislike about this software. If I was forced to answer this question, maybe I could say that the swipe option sometimes needs to be run more than once because it does not read the swipe on the first try; however, 99% of cards use the chip insertion feature anyway!

Molly
Molly
  • Branche: Wein und Spirituosen

Bewertet am 7.2.2022

Bad functioning, terrible customer support, too many problems for the price.

Clover is a mid-range to expensive POS system that is definitely not worth the money. I wish we had stuck with Square that can communicate between both of our locations, share inventory, run a functioning website and has an accessible online dashboard.

Somewhat easy to set up, and credit card processing did cut costs from our prior POS system. You pay for the look of the stations, the swivel can only make up for so many problems- in this case I'll be switching back to Square.

I've had every problem in the book with this software. I've been shut out and had to factory reset my stations, had all data and inventory erased. I've had to plug in ethernet cables every week because they Wifi is not compatible, and have had to reset admin profiles due to shut out. Me and customer service have had at least 20 calls, and most problems never seem to be resolved in the end. Of course it's not their fault, but there is only the option of getting a call, you can't email, or chat with anyone online, and some poor person in India is trying to figure out what is on your screen when the technology is going wrong.

mark

Bewertet am 25.7.2023

crayola mode

Pretty average to bad. Crappy hold times incompetent customer service reps..... Meh

It was here when I started. Was ok but now nearly not functional

Bad interference that changes with updates and hides needed functions. Completely different look that makes it hard to use.

Yessenia
  • Branche: Restaurants

Bewertet am 29.10.2018

Excellent POS System for any business!

Overall it is a great pos system!

When we change to clover, we thought it was going to be difficult for us to learn how to use it. We were wrong it, was really easy to use and install. One of the things I love about it is, that I can add products remotely on the inventory. I can also verify the transaction remotely from my pc or my phone. The customer support is great, they immediately call back when you contact them for any problem you have with the machine, transactions, or any question you have. You can also add more features to your pos because they have a app store, which let's you add online orders, id verification, etc.

Our business is a grocery store and restaurant, so we have the ebt program for the grocery store. It would be great if the clover machine with detect which items are ebt and which aren't ebt elegible. That way we wouldn't have to do 2 different transactions, because it does take more time for cashiers to charge what the customer is buying.

490 Bewertungen