Teachable Erfahrungen

Gesamtbewertung
Bewertungen
Mehr Erfahren

Über Teachable

Teachable ist eine cloudbasierte Lernmanagementlösung, die von kleinen und mittleren Unternehmen verwendet wird. Mit der Lösung können Nutzer Online-Kurse erstellen und freigeben, indem sie Audio, Video, Bilder, Text und...

3.8

Mike
Mike

Bewertet am 6.2.2021

The Grass is Not Always Greener

Teachable allows me to run a great online school - and to do so with much of the functionality in one package. I do opt to substitute my own website and email automation (WordPress and Active Campaign) but I use their eCommerce payment platform and feel very confident. I have often wondered about switching but never have found an alterative that does not offer better than an alternative set of compromises.

Teachable is easy to use and does everything I need it to - and mostly very well. I also like that the company behaves ethically.

The user experience for my students is excellent and the all-in one package makes it very easy for me.

There are a few little niggles. Not a great mobile solution (but perfectly adequate) and the text editor in the course builder is low on capabilities for formatting beyond the basics (Tables? Not so much). And the placement of toolbars and save buttons is frustrating.

Ruth

Bewertet am 2.2.2023

They care about making a good product - but it'll cost you.

I have used Teachable for 5+ years, started on a free tier and have gone up the tiers as my business has grown. Though they have a lot of resources for businesses starting out, the resources for growing business is lacking in my opinion. The platform itself works well, I don't come across any broken functionality or bugs - it's more that the price has become prohibitive for me and though their customer service is helpful (offered me a slight discount on the price increase) I'll still be moving to a lifetime deal with another software. To conclude - it's a great platform but be wary as a new business starting out - once you've taken that free trial and start building your business on there, it's easy to become trapped and have to pay whatever they're asking to avoid moving your whole school to another platform.

This software is easy to get started - on a Pro account you have everything you need, the free tier these days has very little. It's a great drag and drop course content & sales pages - handles all the sales and taxes if you like. Provide training to help you get started with not just the course creation but the sales side as well - I definitely found this helpful in the beginning.

There is very little in terms of tracking student progress - the mail capability is lacking - I use separate softwares for emailing, customer management and even certification (zapier & mailerlite). So those features though provided by Teachable don't have much functionality. I can see individual students log ins and progress on individual courses - but overall unable to see for instance, a list of students that havent' logged in for a certain time period - I have to look at each student individually. So it's very difficult to track the students progress overall in the school. Plus they've just put the prices up and it's very expensive now.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

Udemy Business

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Teachable

At the time it was cheaper and with more autonomy over pricing, and less commission. I think things have changed now.
Axel
  • Branche: Internet

Bewertet am 26.4.2022

Too Expensive, Not Designed for Marketers

I wish I had signed up for the free or lower-cost plan first. It's very difficult to switch platforms, so this is a decision that requires a lot of pre-purchase diligence. I now use Systeme.io, which offers way more features at a fraction of the price.

The course building platform itself is great. Support is decent for the most part, although they don't really engage well with feature requests.

Teachable seems to look at sales as an incidental part of course creation and teaching. Here are a few examples:

1) They don't have a drag-and-drop landing page builder. The templates are really generic and it's hard to get a sleek-looking landing page.
2) No email automation. You can send one-off emails to your students, but that's it.
3) You can't add a lead magnet to collect email addresses. You'll have to pay for Convertkit (which is another $25/month) or another email list provider.
4) There are limited options to customize the checkout. You can't custom code (like Analytics), or so on because the checkout is hosted on sso.teachable.com. And there's no option for a two-step checkout - say goodbye to abandoned cart emails (unless you want to create a complicated integration).
5) Their "one-click-upsell" mechanics are super limited. They previously had this feature, but got rid of it when they upgraded their page builder. They now have an upsell, but the mechanics are clunky. Again - sales and marketing are not at the top of this company's mind.

On top of that, the pricing was expensive. $99/month (the lowest-priced annual plan with no transaction fee) is super high pricing for what you get. You're better off with Kartra (which costs the same as Teachable, but does way more) or Systeme.io (which has crazy-affordable pricing and really engages with users to improve the product)

Die besten Alternativen zu Teachable

Melissa

Bewertet am 15.7.2022

Teachable - It's not for everyone

Overall it is a good platform. It is a bit pricey and you'll need to be patient as it is not beginner friendly. If you already are having success in your online courses, this would be for you. If you are just starting, you might try elsewhere.

I really liked about teachable is that it allows you to setup and integrate your coaching calendar within Teachable to allow for bundles. I also really liked how easy it was to integrate the quizzes as well. The tracking module was also really good.

It was really difficult to set up the sales page. There are no marketing tools integrated with this. It is very expensive in comparison to other options as well. I did not typically have the best response with customer service - it wasn't bad though, it just wasn't good.

Jessica
Jessica

Bewertet am 8.1.2020

It's a great platform for my course

I have enjoyed my time with Teachable thus far and I think it's one of the best platforms out there. I'm enjoying the user-friendly process.

I was excited to find a product that was stremlined and user friendly. I even like that I can register students without registering for their monthly plan. Of course the fees are a little higher with that version but I like the 'try-before-you-buy aspect'. I like the look of it and that you will be able to creat certificates and allow students to track their progress. One of my favorite features is being able to create discount/ special codes when you want.

I don't like that i have to post a youtube URL if my videos are a little larger. This adds a little complication seeing as I'm not a techie, but it's not insurmountable.

Sam

Bewertet am 30.12.2021

Teachable: Course Creators are Lost Without it!

It's a smooth journey and you have everything you need in one place. Excellent UI and overall it's all you need.

The overall coverage of all features a course creator needs. They even provide a payment gateway, which alone saves you plenty in commisions and monthly fees.

Just need an Android app. Not having an Android app forces most of my students to watch the courses on their browsers.

Katie
Katie

Bewertet am 26.7.2022

No Customer Service

Using Teachable itself was okay, but the customer service is unacceptable. The only way you can contact them is through email and they may not get back to you for several days.

I left Teachable for a different company six months ago and they STILL have a claim on my domain. If you try to access my site without the 'www', you get sent to a Teachable 404 page. I have gone through the DNS settings multiple times with my current company, and we can't do anything about it. Every time I email with an agent, they assure me that my account is closed and that Teachable isn't connected to my domain. They share screen shots, then ask me to provide them with my own. When I send them the shots showing the specific information they have asked for, they won't respond.

Regardless of your course content, you need fast, effective customer service. Teachable does not provide that.

Teachable is easy to use and I was able to set up my courses quickly in a format that was conducive to the content.

Assessments are an important part of my curriculum, but the available quiz templates were too basic for my needs. Also, when I had questions or needed help, it took days to get a response for customer service.

Gil
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness

Bewertet am 20.6.2021

Best video course platform!

The price is very reasonable, it's a great platform to build amazing video courses!

The platform looks super professional, it's very easy to create professional and high-quality video courses for online clients.

I would add an option to create a video course you don't really want to sell, just to send to registered customers. Also, the navigation on the website is pretty difficult.

Brian Møller
Brian Møller
  • Branche: Professionelles Training & Coaching

Bewertet am 26.12.2018

Teachable - Organizes knowledge and wisdom by the people for the people

I am still using Teachable and like their plans for upgrading to professional use. However i am not impressed with the feautures nor the quality of work. Though it fit my needs as a first time online course creator.

Easy to use. A simple framework to set up a complete curriculum. Fine sales pages and features to give students access by drip function. So they have to work their way through before accessing the whole course.

One can also make a great Curriculum framework and reuse for the next and the next. By the function og duplicating a whole course.

The inflexibility to make the page look and design in a way that fit the needs for ones own creativity is limited. Also the integrations with other software, landingpages, Eventbrite, Facebook is quite lowkey and can need an upgrade soon.
There is very few options for making the page look great in the GUI. But one can use own html to code if so desired.

Meiby
Meiby
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Bewertet am 27.3.2018

One versatileLLMS

In my experience it is a great teaching platforms, because it allows me to concentrate only on the part of teaching because I do not know much about programming or program updates since the same tool takes care of that and I can concentrate only on the knowledge that they want to give. Can be flexibility for the different audiencia nivel.

It has several important features but among the most outstanding is very easy to use since the platform is very intuitive and does not correspond a great challenge to use it, besides having a large number of tools from which I can attend the student as for example the power create blogs and finally their different forms of payment gateways can affiliate with different accounts being an excellent option.

It is an excellent platform because it is simple for both the teacher and the student, adapting to the preferences of the author of the course giving a great capacity for organization over the various contents.

Robin
  • Branche: Musik

Bewertet am 22.2.2019

Good in some areas. Poor in others.

Leadership of the company tends to focus on the money angle but I guess that's to be expected. ("You can make mega-$$$ with your courses!" and some have.) You won't find information on crafting your course but you will find plenty on how to give it a high price tag. If you can avoid the hype and have a third party email app you like to use, then Teachable is a good option. I've found it to be affordable and profitable in spite of the email problems.

The teaching platform (curriculum videos, PDFs, etc.) is good and uploads are easy. I found that building a sales page was not difficult and sending people to the sales page with discount coupons was a smooth process. Payments were collected and paid out promptly at the end of the month (for my plan). Support is by email only (no chat) and took a couple days but the answers were helpful. The plans are reasonably priced for individual teachers and consultant.

I have experienced serious problems with their built-in email application. Since this is the primary way teachers communicate with students, it should be a priority for them. There were days when it wasn't working when I needed to send links to live classes and webinars. It's difficult to customize "Welcome" emails and there's no way to schedule sends or save drafts. They recently announced that all emails would come from a strange looking email address that belongs to them (and has been labeled "spam" by my email hosting service). I've drawn their attention to these problems several times. The response is polite but there has been no move to improve the service. It's a very amateurish response. I would recommend looking at other services first OR be prepared to use a third party email service every time you want to reach your students, including new sign-ups.

• Branche: Professionelles Training & Coaching

Bewertet am 19.9.2020

I absolutely LOVE this course creation and course selling platform!

I love the professional look of Teachable and I think that makes students feel more comfortable buying online courses from "your average Joe".

For starters, it is great that you can creaet a course and put it on Teachable for free to test drive the platform and see if it will be a good fit for you and your students. I like that the platform is easy to use, customizable, NOT CLUNKY, and is professional looking.

The pricing might be a bit much if you're just starting out as a course creator and aren't sure if you're course is going to sell out the way you want it to. Other than that, there really isn't anything bad I can say about Teachable. They've done a great job creating a platform that makes it easy for anyone to sell a course they've created.

• Branche: Alternative Streitbeilegung
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 10.8.2022

Easiest asynchronous teaching platform

It's easy to build, customer service/support is excellent, students love it.

When students sign up it does not parse out first and last name, making integration with other platforms challenging.

Katherine
  • Branche: Religiöse Einrichtungen
  • Weitere für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Bewertet am 26.12.2020

Frustrated. Needed teachable to cancel. I tried several times unsucessfully

Customer service is horrible on resolve. Quick.on emails, robotic ,(automated responses. Seemingly without any human contact under any circumstance.

Very depressing especially when they see. Know and hear that you are struggling over and over and over and still are unable to cancel on your own.

Never got to use it. Didnt have course material prepared yet. But continued to pay. Couldn't cancel on my own with all of the instructions given to me by email.

Asked them to please go ahead and cancel for me as I was having difficulties and they never would just kept sending back into on how to do it myself and in the meantime billed me again knowing I wanted to cancel and have never ever used the program yet.

In replies to my plea for help, they continued to direct me with directions I could not figure out, instead seeing HOW I reached out at least 10 times and lastly requested mew resets and a call from someone to finally get this cancellation over and done with.

I should have read the ratings before investing

Their insensitivity to isolated cases where I actually needed them to cancel from their company side, instead if making a fooling me....and I still didn't know how to get my self cancelled.

My comments about what I like are really extra on what I didnt like. Realized I had used the wrong box , but had typed so much. Just left it there.

• Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 5.6.2018

I host video training courses on Teachable and love their platform.

Teachable allows me to quickly and easily organize my video course content in a logical manner. This makes course deployment simple and my courses still retain a professional look/feel.

Teachable is very user friendly and they offer an intuitive user interface. They have features like drag and drop or duplicate that make creating training courses a breeze. I've used other course creation software and I find that Teachable is easier to understand. They also have a lot of documentation and offer support. Also, check out their facebook group...there's lots of valuable info exchanged there about course creation.

I'm on the basic plan and I think it's a little pricey, but I get it; they're in business to make money. I wish they had a plan between the free plan and the basic plan with less features than the basic as this would probably be a better fit for me.

Bewertet am 6.12.2019

Quickest way to go online with your courses

Overall experience with Teachable has been great. The UI and UX is soothing from both the views , as a teacher and as a student. Things are seamless and it takes no time to launch a course if you have your material ready.

- Great UI and UX.
- Unlike WordPress, you don't have to plug-in several puzzles together to get the system working. Works fine out of the box.
- For those looking for more, they have provided ways to integrate with 3rd party applications.
- Teachable does all the heavy lifting by itself allowing you to focus on creating your course.

Pricing. They may want to look into an alternative pricing structure for teachers interested in few courses with limited no of students. As of now, someone with 100 courses and 10,000 students will pay the same fees as with some one with 5 courses and 500 students.

Brittany
Brittany
  • Branche: Hochschulbildung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1’001–5’000 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 2.4.2019

Web = Great, Mobile = Pain

Online learning has been cumbersome in the past to say the least. This not only simplifies and streamlines it, but it makes it a bit addicting as well. Overall positive review with recommendations. Just stay away from the app. It's flawed.

Interface is easy to navigate, options for action are straightforward, and payment system makes sense. All adds up to a great experience, at least on a web browser.

The mobile app is non-functional. Try to do the same things you do on a browser using the same interface and you'll probably uninstall the app like I did. It just doesn't work.

Jeffrey
  • Branche: Design

Bewertet am 30.9.2021

Was good until they forced Professional Plan

It is easy to set up and can save lots of time versus building a WordPress LMS. And it does give a good amount of functionality

The biggest con was the support. When ever reporting bugs they always the same response "Its a browser issue" and blaming the browser for everything is irresponsible.

But the real big con is they can not be trusted. When I signed up the basic plan included Zapier connection which is important to sale course from personal websites. But then, without notice, they changed and only allowed Zapier integration with Professional plans.I didn't find out until new students couldn't access their course.

Teachable support didn't even know what happened when I contacted to say the integration stopped.

This is a big reason why I could never recommend Teachable in fact, I would warn others and go with another solution because they can't be trusted. Who knows the next change they make and how that will effect other's businesses.

Bewertet am 18.4.2018

a solid platform for online courses

Overall, a really great solution for hosting your training materials.

Have a couple of trainings hosted on Teachable and have found it to be great software. Easy to set up and pretty flexible. I like that it's hosted, meaning I don't have the pressure of worrying with the security and uptime of using my own host.

Wish the first level had more features, like being able to integrate with Zapier in the way that I need it to, which is automatically adding people who buy via my shopping cart.

Dariana Carolina
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Bewertet am 29.6.2018

I really love this sofware because I have everything I need to teach my courses!

I am a language teacher so I need a platform to teach without any worry, Teachable gave me the chance to do it. The first time I used this software was amazing and I fall instantly in love with it because I can have everything organized when I teach my courses. A good thing about this is that you can create all the online courses you want to, even can create some free courses. This allows you to share all the content you need for your classes, you can use GoogleDrive or any other cloud storage site. Also you can create quizzes and evaluations for your classes, forums and give certificates to the participants. The feature that I liked the most is that you have your own domain with the name you select. This is perfect to me!

The thing that I didn't like is the payment. At the beginning I thought it was a little expensive, but then I realized that it totally worth it so is not an issue anymore.

Eduardo
Eduardo
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter
  • Weitere für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Bewertet am 1.5.2019

Great por trainings!

If you’re a teacher or if you want to share your knowledge you’ll love Teachable. The main objective of the platform is to create content to share and sell that knowledge.

You can start making money by generating slides, videos or material. Has PayPal integrations so you can connect directly to your PayPal account. As a teacher or content creator for education you can categorize content, view learners progress and even detect each one's grades. Has a lot of management tools for large groups of people.
You can create a landing page for every course and let the students apply for your courses.

If you're looking for an internal LMS Teachable is not the solution. But that will be a great opportunity for Teachable to configure and make some updates for a Company LMS product. For sure another business model.

Tim
Tim
  • Branche: Bürgerliche & soziale Einrichtungen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 22.6.2018

Teachable is a forward-thinking Learning Management System with a great team behind it.

This software helps me have a modern and useful course for my users. It takes out the management of affiliates, authentication, and other essential components that would be a pain to build.

Teachable has so much functionality I expect from my Learning Management System. And the support/team behind it empowers me to provide beautiful courses to my users. Its coupon functionality, homepage design, and course builder are intuitive and powerful. Just recently they have made it possible to give students a certificate for completing the course, which has long been a request of our users.

I wish there was more API functionality through Teachable. There are useful webhooks, but manipulating data within the platform is limited.

Biggi
Biggi
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 5.8.2022

The most complete online LMS

Overall, my experience with the product has been great. But, Teachable, the company, really goes above and beyond to support course creators and help them earn from their knowledge. I definitely recommend them.

Having been around for many years, Teachable has all the features I am looking for in an LMS. For me, it also has the best student experience of all the hosted or self-hosted LMS platforms.
Unlike other software in the category, Teachable has full email capabilities built in, saving me time and money.
Their help documentation is also very comprehensive and well written, making the need for customer support a rarity.

The software is great, but I don't like the pricing. The free plan had its features cut so much that it really can only be used as a trial version to evaluate the software.

Antoinette
  • Branche: Unternehmensberatung
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bewertet am 21.6.2022

Teachable is easy to set up and easy to use

Overall easiest to set up and worth most for the money.

Teachable is relatively easy to use both for setting up online courses and onboarding new team members.

Some features relating to building the website have bugs which sometimes take time to resolve.

Bewertet am 1.4.2018

Great low maintenance platform

It's really easy to get up and started on Teachable - it's possible if you're not tech savvy (I got my cousin to try it) and really fast & simple if you are. Now that they're adding features comparable with more premium tools - like in affiliate management and customizable checkout pages, it's great to have everything in one spot.

Its all-in-one nature does mean that sometimes you have a few things - like instant payouts - that are only on the largest plan/more expensive than with a niche tool's plan, but then you'd need to use multiple niche tools.

168 Bewertungen