CATProjects is a cloud-based construction solution that specializes in project management. The solution allows users to manage their projects from leads management to completing costs. Estimates can be generated in the system and leads can be turned into live jobs. Users can control stock, create and send purchase orders and track costs. Invoices can be created and exported.
CATProjects also allows users to keep a daily site diary, where they can record people on site, weather, visitors, inspections, delays and transfers. They can also include photos with these diary entries. The solution includes a module where users can communicate with contractors, consultants and clients. It provides primary project reports that are based on commitments and users can select which modules they would like to view details.
Other features include trade letting, subcontractor agreements, variations management, progress claims, document storage, accounting integration and API, time and productivity management and site photos.
CATProjects is priced per user per module.
Stephen J. Branche: Bau Mitarbeiteranzahl: 51-200 Mitarbeiter
We would definitely recommend CATProject, CATPlan, and CATSafety
Extremely user friendly and easy to teach new staff how to use. The support is based in New Zealand and are very helpful, not just to our staff but also assisting our supply chain with using CATPlan. Being able to combine document control, tendering, communications, Project Management, purchase orders, subcontractor payments etc. from one software provider provides us with greater efficiencies, prior to using CAT we were dealing with several providers. CAT is also great value for money when compared to other systems that we considered.
The only con is that when tender invites are sent out in CATPlan there is no confirmation receipt to confirm that the email address used is correct. However, by utilising the activity log it is easy to see if the Subcontractor has accessed the documents.
Anna B. Branche: Bau
During my time at NZ Strong Construction we used CAT software for over 10 years and we upgraded to CATProjects in June 2014. It is easy to use and produces excellent reports for all aspects of the project. We have now been able to transition to a paperless office in the accounts area. It also allows you to store all your project records in the cloud which means no hunting through the archives if you have to revisit a project for any reason once it as finished.
The CATS team offer a great support service to assist with any issues you may have and their CAT community allows for suggestions for future improvements or tweaks to the software.
I would highly recommend this product.
I don't have any issues with the product or vendor.
This is a great product and it is well worth evaluating it.
Nadia B. Branche: Bau Mitarbeiteranzahl: 13-50 Mitarbeiter
Having used (and worked on the development) of many document and content management systems (Aconex, ProjectCentre, Oracle-based systems, Sharepoint, TeamView), this is by far the dinosaur of the lot. Trying to get changes/upgrades done and being told 'it's not best practice' so changes won't be done, when I have been in my role for 18 years is quite insulting - I think I know industry best practice in my field by now! Maybe with the number of people requesting the same thing, it should definitely be reviewed and maybe ask some of us 'experts' in our field the reasoning behind the requests for some of these changes.
I'm now working more smartly and more efficiently.....far too many clicks and time wasted on having to go between screens to achieve what should be simple results. I feel like I've stepped 10 years back in time in most areas. Things that used to take me 5-10 minutes are now taking me 20-30 minutes!
- Not being able to create distribution lists for correspondence is just ridiculous. Working on certain projects (especially government department projects) requires compulsory ATC/CTC distribution and with over 20 of these to do a day is such a waste of valuable time (which is valuable money!). With the number of clicks required to CC over 12 people every time an ATC/CTC/ATS is generated this also risks someone being left off accidentally. Not having distribution lists is not best practice!!! At least make the list a checkbox for the CC list to reduce the number of clicks. I had an email from a PM with some choice words around this issue just yesterday.
- Linking multiple ATCs/ATSs to incoming correspondence is laborious and ends up showing the incoming correspondence multiple times in the register (not helpful!). There should be a way you can select more than 1 outgoing mail and just have the incoming correspondence show up once in the register.
- Outgoing correspondence reports should show at a glance which incoming correspondence is related - This is only shown on a CI register but not the other way around. Reports should be flexible and more columns added/removed as required by the project.
- Having to copy and paste the subject line to 'modify' outgoing ATS/ATC/CTC - this NEEDS to be changed to the same as General Correspondence where the subject line is shown when the correspondence is emailed out. Another time waster!
- Incoming correspondence is often over 8Mb and yet you can't upload more than 8Mb - more storage required here!
- Should be able to forward incoming CI's/CAN's to more than 1 recipient from a subcontractor company and/or have a way that you don't then have to go back into the incoming correspondence register to record ATS numbers when others are required to be CC'd into them - consider time and cost going backwards and forwards! Time wasting!
- Way too many clicks to add CC list. Time wasting!
- CATPlan needs auto recognition of revision number when superseding drawings - all other document management systems have this based on filename structure. Having to manually select drawings to supersede so that revision numbers can remain in the filename for ease of recognition is laborious and time wasting - it also risks human error selecting the incorrect drawing to be superseded when there are over 100 drawings to be superseded!
- Should be able to multi download attachments to the likes of ATC/ATS - no way to select all if you need to view them all - time waster!
- CATPlan needs a field to record the CI/CAN number drawings are received on - important reference required for the team.
Denise R. Branche: Bau Mitarbeiteranzahl: 51-200 Mitarbeiter
CATProjects has built itself up over many years of industry experience, and the people at Construction Software Ltd are simply the salt of the earth people. They're always looking for better ways to improve their product and deliver their service. Inspirational people.
User friendly modules. Compliant to NZ H&S, Contracts, & IRD. Prompt support. Great community vibe.
No cons.Construction Software is always finding ways to improve taking on board community feedback.
Warren B. Branche: Bau
Covers all areas for sub contractors which means that we have less arguments over money. Also, you know what's going on in each job. Compared to others I have looked at, Subcat has actually done what it says as the company actually knows construction.
One or 2 little annoyances, but minor and once you know them, easy to work around. Certainly better than others that I have looked at.
Get recommendations from current users of software, and don't believe all the sales people talk.