Kareo is a Web-based EHR, medical billing, and practice management used by thousands of physicians across the United States. This system suits small practices and billing companies. With Kareo, practices can schedule patients, confirm insurance, manage delinquent accounts and the collections process, store patient documents, develop customized reports and more.
Practices can be up and running within 48 hours of signing up. The system starts at a low monthly rate with no contract, no set-up fees without the worry of maintaining and updating the software.
Kareo Clinical EHR can be used across a wide variety of medical specialties, including mental health, family medicine, pediatrics, cardiology, chiropractic, podiatry and more.
Cynthia M. Branche: Psychische GesundheitsfÃ¼rsorge Mitarbeiteranzahl: Selbstständig
In my experience of over twenty years using various EHR software platforms, I and can honestly attest that Kareo is by far the most user friendly and comprehensive EHR I have encountered in my professional career. I plan to be a loyal customer for life, thank you, Kareo!
Kareo is; user-friendly for people with little software experience, ready to go with little training, excellent implementation support, good customer service, amazing templates, forms and SALT Feature that cuts time & makes documentation a snap. The formatting/presentation of EHR notes is organized & professional. I love how I can select what information to share and can easily do so through the Care Coordination feature option in each note. I enjoy having all my medical, billing, records, HIPAA approved/secured Telehealth platform, Reputation Watch, client engagment, and much more...all from one vendor! Lastly, Kareo always asks for feedback on how they can improve & additionally demonstrates their value to customer service by providing excellent communication, accountability & follow-through. Kareo offers a superior platform and fair pricing. Highly recommended.
I would like to be able to attach documents to the internal email system when communicating with patients.
Robert P. Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness Mitarbeiteranzahl: 2-10 Mitarbeiter
I used the EHR and billing for a little over 2 years until Kareo decided to start charging an outrageous fee for the EHR part, and then made it nearly impossible for me to get my patient charts out of the software and provided ZERO support for this, and then ultimately deleted several years worth of patient records.
This EHR is essentially a glorified text editor with billing functions. This gave it the ability to adapt through templates and macros to a wide variety of documentation scenarios, not pidgeon-holed into a specific speciality.
Billing was not fully integrated into the EHR, meaning that the billing needed to be entered separately from the charting in a separate program that didn't carry over more than demographic information from the charting portion.
Jon K. Branche: Medizinische Praxis Mitarbeiteranzahl: 2-10 Mitarbeiter
Simple to use
Templates are easy to set-up
Robust - perfect for high volume claims
Simple to set-up and use
Credit card payments get locked and cannot be adjusted
Jeffrey A. Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen Mitarbeiteranzahl: Selbstständig
From Kareo: no significant benefit, mainly frustration.
From your program to review Kareo: this was easy, helpful and productive. You know how to keep a person on-point.
Initially, the electronic software (EHR) was free, which allowed considerable forgiveness of the product. I initially appreciated the technical support from people who cared about their product and service. Unfortunately, the most common replies to questions from I.T. were apologies for not being able to provide what customers wanted and needed the most, see below.
1. Creating progress notes frustrating. Must save notes before changing screens, otherwise all information LOST. No auto-save. Saving data prior to change in screen, must save and CLOSE the document. Multiple steps to re-open again. Always inefficient.
2. Doctorbase is an "answering device for providers" to provide caller's phone number. The glitch for NEW callers: NO NAME provided, no message recorded. 10-15 "unknown" callers by end of day: 1/2 -3/4 were salesmen or bankers wanting to give loans.
3. When I changed companies, unable to transfer data in bulk. Had to transfer every patient individually. Other companies ALL had ability for bulk transfer. Would have to transfer emails individually, all 15,000.
4. Limited & unsophisticated ability to create progress notes to limit key strokes.
5. Requesting program upgrades: infrequent, rarely helpful, never quick or responsive even for minor change requests.
6. Initial support staff NEVER heard from again. I had to sort out problems by trial and error . I had 10 years prior experience in sophisticated programs before this disaster.
7. This is only a few of the problems I had before leaving. 6 months later, I received a call from Kareo asking how I would like to improve my experience & upgrade the system. They apparently did not know I was long gone.
8. Working with pharmacies never smooth or easy.
9. Many more issues, unfortunately, that I have suppressed.
Justine S. Branche: Medizinische Praxis Mitarbeiteranzahl: Selbstständig
I have had a fantastic experience with Kareo. The sales team and implementation team have been incredibly responsive and helpful.
Kareo is very easy to use. I really like how robust it is, while staying simple. There isn't an overwhelming amount of icons on the top of the application, so I can get to where I need to go quickly.
If one thing could be improved it would be to highlight (flag) values that are out of a normal range.