Sciforma is a cloud-based project and portfolio management solution for enterprises that allows to strategically track and analyze project data and make relevant decisions. It can be sold as a stand-alone portfolio management, project management, or time and expense tracking program. Integrated within their tool, it also offers knowledge, resource and document management.
Sciforma is fully configurable, from user-defined fields that can adapt to any business structure, to their tailored and custom interfaces. User-defined workflows can follow the various stages of a project, document, or issue, so users always have access to the most up-to-date information. Sciforma Download Center offers a wide range of reports for download that users can use to document and report project activities.
Sciforma is available as an on-premise, hosted, or SaaS system. Sciforma is also fully supported by HTML5 and is accessible from any mobile device.
Bongani bruce B. Branche: Computer-Software
Our clients have great visibility on the work we are doing for them, we can easily anticipate risks and be able to manage them in a way that set's very clear and resolute expectations, from an Agile development point of view our team collaborates in a way much much better than before while at the same time giving a clear picture to the client side PMs who typically manage their projects in a waterfall fashion. Everyone is part of the same picture.
User adoption is key in any enterprise system, Sciforma's ease of use enables that, it is quite intuitive and a beautiful sight to behold, we've come to see that users highly appreciate that effort. Technically it is very strong (the strongest) yet fully maintaining the balance between technical complexity and ease of use.
With the release of Sciforma 7.1 we've seen massive leaps forward on a solution that was already at a peak compared to it's rivals, the introduction of Programme Management amongst, and the focus on building stronger connections with various data elements has seen Sciforma being highly appraised by our clients.
There are very little to no cons, everyone ultimately has their preference and Sciforma is ours. We are fully confident in the continuity that Sciforma constantly reassures us with by staying ahead of the race and breaking new grounds in this space.
Rose K. Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
I have been working with Sciforma for a couple of years and have gained experience as both a user and a consultant. In my opinion, these are their three main advantages:
1. The interface is very clear and intuitive; everything has been made to facilitate the use of the software. The user approval at my customer’s has been pretty good so far.
2. I like their pricing model, which is based on users roles. It’s pretty flexible and allows for scalability. My customer started with only 30 users and now has grown to 120 users. They wanted to implement time tracking in phase 2 of their deployment; the user console Sciforma provides allowed me to do the configuration exactly as requested, thus meeting their needs 100%.
3. They offer a lot of features, which is great for me as a consultant. I can offer Sciforma to pretty much all of my customers and tailor it to meet their needs.
I don’t have any issues so far, my customers are really happy about the tool.
Be sure to clearly identify your needs beforehand for both the short and long term use.
For example, our short-term needs were to track projects and resource management, but we knew we wanted to add new time tracking processes at a later date. We needed a tool that would adapt to our changing needs and had more features we could utilize further down the road.
Azam D. Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste Mitarbeiteranzahl: 13-50 Mitarbeiter
Total overview and control over all the projects, potential projects, resources utilization, budget control, and all Project items, like Risks, Deliverable, CRs, Actions, issues, etc.. with full Status Overview of all projects progress portfolio-wise.
Sciforma has a comprehensive functionality that covers the entire Project/Product life cycle management, where all aspects relevant to the cycle are in one product, with comprehensive dashboards to manage it all. I particularly like the ability to create connections between the objects in Sciforma, which maintains the relationships between the Program and all the other objects, like relevant projects, products etc.. which keeps the focus clear to enable driving your Program strategy. in addition to the one area where you can manage all your deliverable, issues, CRs and Actions, see who is managing each, and where they are in the workflow.
Although still accessible through the HTML, a mobile app for workflow approvals would be great to have.
George B. Branche: Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr Mitarbeiteranzahl: 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
Good. Although the sluggishness of the system does negativelly affect how it is seen by our organisation.
- User interface is great
- Ability to override forms, create our own dashboards.
- Having a Business Case centre and demand management helped us
*General slowness regarding:
- Gantt chart manipulation - scheduling a simple task requires a lot of patience as the system takes a while to validate entries and save them. Very cumbersome and we had a lot of complains with this.
- Slow moving from one screen to another
* small number of built in reports. Other tools have a whole bunch of reports to chose from and also allow you to create reports by selecting what objects go where - a more intuitive and user friendly report building mechanism.
Mustafa A. Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste Mitarbeiteranzahl: 2-10 Mitarbeiter
Effective Solution in the following area;
1. Idea Management
2. Business case management
3. Portfolio Management
3. Project Management
4. Program Management
The possibility to customize and add new features.
The concept of having different extensions and being able to assign specific extensions to certain users
I truly can not think of cons for Sciforma PPM, I do think that it is a valuable tool that would make life easier for end users.